how do I get glossines on a head and body?

JadoreChanel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I use Noelle LAQ head(enabled Omega) and the Maitreya body I put the glossiness on the body using the HUD but It doesn't show on the (Head)face, Do you know any items that can help so It applies to both body and the head? See in photo below:

(Photo I took) also If there a way I can color pick to match my ears(God I hope so)

damn i look good.png

Edited by JadoreChanel

On 6/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, I didn't say there was a lot of hope.  :) There's an odd chance that the creator might say, "Oh, all you have to do is push the blue button," but many creators won't be eager to deal with anyone but the person who bought the skybox.  It can't hurt to ask.

where can I find it in LAQ HUD? I know maitreya has no body :)

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, JadoreChanel said:
On 6/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, I didn't say there was a lot of hope.  :) There's an odd chance that the creator might say, "Oh, all you have to do is push the blue button," but many creators won't be eager to deal with anyone but the person who bought the skybox.  It can't hurt to ask.

where can I find it in LAQ HUD? I know maitreya has no body :)

And I know nothing about the LAQ HUD.  I couldn't see any point in shelling out a lot of extra L$ for it.  However, I suspect that it doesn't have a blue button for controlling your skybox. 😏

• Haha 1

If you visit the LAQ store you will find the HUD. The promo material says it handles Materials. That suggests it has controls for gloss. But, I wouldn't believe it until I see it in a demo, which they have. But, I don't use LAQ so I haven't tried it. I went with GA.EG and like most heads, I think, it has gloss and other materials controls in its HUD.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ/148/107/76

A lot of work goes into a HUD. So, they got the idea to drop the cost of their heads and charge separately for the HUD. You only need one. So, if you rob banks and need to change your appearance often then it is probably a good deal.

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you visit the LAQ store you will find the HUD. The promo material says it handles Materials. That suggests it has controls for gloss. But, I wouldn't believe it until I see it in a demo, which they have. But, I don't use LAQ so I haven't tried it. I went with GA.EG and like most heads, I think, it has gloss and other materials controls in its HUD.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ/148/107/76

A lot of work goes into a HUD. So, they got the idea to drop the cost of their heads and charge separately for the HUD. You only need one. So, if you rob banks and need to change your appearance often then it is probably a good deal.

I have the HUD already but I'll look

57 minutes ago, JadoreChanel said:

what?

That was my reaction too.  I have no idea why you decided to quote a comment from a different thread that had absolutely nothing to do with LAQ heads, but I figured that you had buried a joke in there somewhere so I ran with it.  🙃

On 7/4/2020 at 2:08 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That was my reaction too.  I have no idea why you decided to quote a comment from a different thread that had absolutely nothing to do with LAQ heads, but I figured that you had buried a joke in there somewhere so I ran with it.  🙃

I was talking about the laq head lol and i got it on there but it cuts off on the upper part of nose

Edited by JadoreChanel

• 3 years later...

Bump please. Is it the main (big) HUD, or an extra little HUD? I have taken advantage of the LAQ L$15 sale and scarfed up just about everything I saw, including some of the specialized HUDs. I'm having the same issue but with a twist- I have an Omega shine applier that I had for my Utilizator Normie head, but I find the tattoo layer is interfering with my favorite hairs. Which I suspect also is the reason you say it only goes to the top of the nose with the HUD...  I don't get this problem with my Normie but I'm ready for a change and even though I snagged the LOGO and LeLutka Xmas heads, not all eager to just have to go all EvoX when it's not necessary to me...

3 hours ago, Jessicathenobody said:

Bump please. Is it the main (big) HUD, or an extra little HUD? I have taken advantage of the LAQ L$15 sale and scarfed up just about everything I saw, including some of the specialized HUDs. I'm having the same issue but with a twist- I have an Omega shine applier that I had for my Utilizator Normie head, but I find the tattoo layer is interfering with my favorite hairs. Which I suspect also is the reason you say it only goes to the top of the nose with the HUD...  I don't get this problem with my Normie but I'm ready for a change and even though I snagged the LOGO and LeLutka Xmas heads, not all eager to just have to go all EvoX when it's not necessary to me...

Look.for BOM hairbases, makeup, eyebrows, etc instead of appliers.  Appliers have always caused issues with mesh hair.  BOM fixes all that.  

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Look.for BOM hairbases, makeup, eyebrows, etc instead of appliers.  Appliers have always caused issues with mesh hair.  BOM fixes all that.  

Thank You for the reply!  Yes i understand that, and indeed, one of my hairs (a Stealthic GG hair) specifically mentions appliers in the accompanying notecard as an issue (strangely, i hadn't noticed such extreme effects with my Normie head, however).  The first thing i did when i chose one of the LAQ clearance heads (i got them all at that price) was BOM-enable it because my favorite Pink Fuel skins i've been wearing are not appliers- i wear the system skins for the face and then of course mesh body BOM layers for the rest.  

But, like the OP, i'm missing that shine.  Unless You're saying since this thread was created, they've somehow made Materials into BOM?  It was my understanding from the thread that it was a bit of a stretch to expect Baked On textures to include specular data, and that mesh still depended upon appliers for things such as body shine when viewed with Advanced Lighting.  Thus (and i'd meant to attach the quote the first time) when JadoreChanel said:

On 7/5/2020 at 8:33 PM, JadoreChanel said:

I was talking about the laq head lol and i got it on there but it cuts off on the upper part of nose

i speculated that the LAQ HUD shine cut off on the upper part of the nose to stay well clear from the hair.  Something my Omega shine doesn't, with the resulting hair issue.  i'm fixin' to look through that main LAQ master HUD again and all the little accessories i hastily snapped up at the clearance sale, and see if i can find what Jadore found.

Edited by Jessicathenobody

4 hours ago, Jessicathenobody said:

I don't get this problem with my Normie but I'm ready for a change and even though I snagged the LOGO and LeLutka Xmas heads, not all eager to just have to go all EvoX when it's not necessary to me...

Why not give it a shot ... the LOGO head comes with body skin, EVO X head & ear layer in matching tones

5 hours ago, Jessicathenobody said:

You don't have to use the Lelutka head in EvoX mode, you can wear your current BOM layers with the head if you turn that feature off. Not sure about Logo.

9 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Why not give it a shot ... the LOGO head comes with body skin, EVO X head & ear layer in matching tones

8 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

You don't have to use the Lelutka head in EvoX mode, you can wear your current BOM layers with the head if you turn that feature off. Not sure about Logo.

*chuckles*  Yeah i figured that out today, thanks though.  i tried the Lelutka Noel, and just don't like it.  i know Lelutka is the modern Catwa (and i never liked those, either because i like to be difficult) but yeah no i couldn't get it shaped anything to my satisfaction, and i didn't like its treatment of my favorite Pink Fuel skins.  i felt hideous.

LOGO Noel, on the other hand... oh, my God.  i love it!  it has the shine, it doesn't seem to glitch the hairstyle in question (which i don't even think looks right on me now, but that's beside the point, the point is i don't want it glitching with hairs just to have a little shine), and yes, i did see that LOGO also lets you switch between Classic and EvoX, and it is much, much, much much much kinder to my PF than the Lelutka was, and i tweaked a shape out of it that i'm quite happy with.  Once i was satisfied, ran down to LOGO before the goodies end and grabbed that animation fatpack at the discounted price, and picked up three of the AOs, which play real nice with the Vista full-body i use.  i was very determined to know what i was going to settle on before i invested any money, well, i've paid my money and made my choice.  So i'm a happy gurl now, thanks for everyone who commented.

Snappie_015.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.