HIDE A BED IN A BED??

KayMayhem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I've seen that you can hide a bed within a bed (or couch within a couch, w/e).  I have a bed I just love but the animations are dated and I'd like to try to hide another bed on top of it. Can I just clear out all the animations from the visible bed, make the animations bed transparent, lay it over it, and that's it? It can't be that simple...right? 

9 answers to this question

Well, that's an innovative solution that I wouldn't have thought of.  I suppose it might work, if you were lucky enough to match the scale and positions of the two beds so that the anims appear logical in the visible bed. You may find out that you can't remove the unwanted anims and scripts.  No-mod furniture is like that.  You probably won't even be able to disable the scripts.  You may also discover that the physics shapes of the to beds are different enough that you'll appear to float uncomfortably high on the visible bed. The biggest disadvantage of this scheme is that you'll end up using a wasting a chunk of your available Land Impact on an invisible bed.  Unless you have L.I. to burn, that's not particularly wise.

If you really want to update the "nice" bed, I think you ought to consider simply adding an invisible rectangular prim (for only 1 L.I.) that covers the whole thing like a bed box.  Then go out and buy yourself some great anims, download a free copy of the AvSitter script system, follow instructions and their easy examples, and make an animation system that is customized the way you want it. You don't have to be a scripting whiz.  It's not much more challenging than making an Ikea coffee table in RL.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course
  • Like 1

If the 'nice' bed IS modifiable, then you can delete the animations and scripts and such.  Then get the AvSitter system that Rolig mentioned, and the animations that you want to use, and put them in the 'nice' bed in place of the stuff that was there.

If the bed is not modifiable, then use the flat prim covering that Rolig mentioned.

The advantage to either solution is that you are then not using the LI of the bed that you are making invisible -- which actually is only possible if that bed is also modifiable.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Check to see if the maker of the bed that has the animations you want sells a bed "engine"...a simple prim, usually invisible, that contains all the scripts and animations, and can be put into any physical bed.  If they don't, maybe the bed you have is modifiable.  In that case, it may be possible for YOU to extract the key prim, the one that contains the works, and use it as an "engine" to power the physical bed you prefer.

• Like 1

I dunno I kinda doubt this maker whould come off such expensive mocap animatins, but I can try. Getting an empty version of the bed that fits this particular style room may be easier, though I don't want to insult the maker. 

Know of any place to get mocap bed animations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.