My Husband's Body

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone :)

My husband updated to the latest Signature Gianni version.  He looks normal on his monitor, but this is what I get:

469662428_SynisMessedUp_001.thumb.png.7602b28e94760c97bd790713102bd36c.png

I mean... how?  Why?  The black and white should NOT be there.  And maybe I'm asking this in the wrong place, bug dang I'd like to see him looking "normal".

Any ideas?

Have him re-apply his body appliers again. I noticed a few application issues with my Gianni body when I updated. That may fix it. Failing that, ask if anyone else sees him that way, or only you. If it's only you then you may need to clear your texture cache.

• Thanks 1

This is more of a question for the Answers section of the forum. If you do er-post over there, link back to this post.

I see this sort of thing when something has not fully downloaded. It may or may not be that. But, right-click the avatar and select Refresh Texture and Animation. See if that forces a fix.

I use Firestorm and occasionally it hangs up really bad. Today my hair, a foot, part of my arm, and part of my leg would not rez. After about 10 minutes I walked out of my home region the teleported home. That fixed it. I have waited longer on occasions. Once Firestorm thinks it has it right it is WAY hard to get it to change its mind.

I think that my fix was a matter of getting the server to update the COF (Current Outfit Folder) and then update the viewer. You may have to have him leave and then teleport back into the region.

Since he looks OK in his viewer we know it has something to do with your connection and viewer. It is very unlikely the viewer broke. So, it is mostly a game of getting the viewer to update what it thinks he is wearing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Have him re-apply his body appliers again. I noticed a few application issues with my Gianni body when I updated. That may fix it. Failing that, ask if anyone else sees him that way, or only you. If it's only you then you may need to clear your texture cache.

He's tried this; I hope it doesn't come to clearing my cache, but if need be I will.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This is more of a question for the Answers section of the forum. If you do er-post over there, link back to this post.

I see this sort of thing when something has not fully downloaded. It may or may not be that. But, right-click the avatar and select Refresh Texture and Animation. See if that forces a fix.

I use Firestorm and occasionally it hangs up really bad. Today my hair, a foot, part of my arm, and part of my leg would not rez. After about 10 minutes I walked out of my home region the teleported home. That fixed it. I have waited longer on occasions. Once Firestorm thinks it has it right it is WAY hard to get it to change its mind.

I think that my fix was a matter of getting the server to update the COF (Current Outfit Folder) and then update the viewer. You may have to have him leave and then teleport back into the region.

Since he looks OK in his viewer we know it has something to do with your connection and viewer. It is very unlikely the viewer broke. So, it is mostly a game of getting the viewer to update what it thinks he is wearing.

I'll give the refresh texture and animation option a shot.  And yes, it's on my end, not his.  Everyone else sees him just fine.  Shoot, before he updated his body *I* saw him just fine!  It's just been since then that it's happened, and it's been going on for days.  I kept hoping my viewer would catch up, but I need to work on it more.

thanks, y'all :)

Second set of suggestions:

• power-cycle your router for 2 minutes (switch it off and remove it from its power source - unplugging from the wall socket if necessary) then power it up again
  • full clean reinstall of your viewer. Assuming you use Firestorm, follow the instructions in this video to the letter (I can no longer link to the Firestorm video because - for some reason they've removed it from YT). Make sure you go back in and restore your settings from the same tab that you backed them up, once you're logged inworld again
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.