Furniture for Log Cabins

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DDD and DRD has good stuff. If you will go rustic. 

DDD: Simple wooden fireplace - 1 Li

Forestplankbench, their kitchens, big natural stone hearth, and low li flowers and bushes.

DRD: Just find the store on the MP and search "rustic", The kitchen is super expensive, but I may buy it.

• Like 4

I do not see modern lodge furniture as different from any other modern furniture. It is not the furniture, but the use of natural stone and wood in the building itself. Black leather sofa with concrete table could be a modern home anywhere.

For me it is either Grand View or Lincoln with their wall of windows, light vanish panel on the walls and a wall of natural stone for the fireplace. I could place any of my modern furniture in there.

Mountaineer or Overlook in autumn colors, wine, green, golden, plaid, also walls in wood and natural stone. Honey or darker vanish.

The things I say here is only my thoughts. I am not an expert. And it is not the "right" way of doing it. I think that I will have wall panels and natural stone on some walls no matter what house I pick.

I am almost sure that I start with Overlook and a fireplace between the two windows in the room with the stairs. Accent wall in natural stone up to the ceiling. The other walls in panel/plank/log texture. The rooms on the other side of the entrance, kitchen and mudroom. Also a lot of wood and stone. Slate floors.The rooms on the second floor will use the default painted walls, I think. Painted planks maybe. I will need some new furniture. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not see modern lodge furniture as different from any other modern furniture.

That's the whole point Marianne. Use modern furniture and not rustic wood furniture. The natural materials of wood and stone can be either rustic or modern depending on the finishing. I could easily approach it as an old hunting cabin full of aged and rough-hewn wood pieces with lots of gingham and checks or I could take the same materials and polish them to a high shine and add lots of plush leather with brass and glass to make it sleek and modern. 

I hope to see lots of variety inside the homes after the release when everyone starts putting their own twist on the new theme.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4

For me it has to do with the overall esthetic, ‘modern’ and ‘contemporary’ cover a LOT especially in individual furniture pieces. For some people ‘rustic and nostalgic’ will be the same era as ‘mid-century modern’, for others it will be quite separate. I’m sure also for some, these homes will feel strongly of a more ‘vacation home’ type than for others. The rustic vacation lodge feel is not a good decor for me so it’s something I’ll avoid for myself in this home style in favor of something more streamlined. For someone else, it might be the perfect thing. 

I agree that it’s all down to individual taste, there’s no right or wrong, just as the Victorians in no way need ‘historical’ decor unless you just like it. 

FD27F8E8-AAD8-48B4-BAE2-357E5FEB1E7E.jpeg

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 4

I look at this chair from Trompe Loeil as being more of the modern lodge look. It's on my wishlist along with the matching sofa.

image.png.202cd64628c4f420e2c3c8ff03a6d619.png

shelby_couch_PG_L425.jpg?1483999958

image.png.19dceed7285295d6d9523769630831bf.png

I have this kitchen above, and hope that I can fit it in the larger open spaces of the log cabins. It is NOT modular, which has prevented me from using it in the Trads and Victs.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

Oh, I like the above, Trinity. I am a bit stuck with the same low Li furniture that I have used again and again.

My style: Packing in lots of stuff, gives me a narrow selection of items. 13 Li for a couch is too much for my style. I will need to go different ways if I choose furniture like that.

Should I drop the bathroom or the kitchen, it is the only way I see myself use single furniture parts over 10 Li. I need to reconsider Grand View or Lincoln, since they have no closed rooms.

I wish it was blueprints of the houses, so I could study them.

• Like 2

I have just found this new set by Simply Shelby Designs; it's supposed to be a medeval/RP furniture set, but I think it would look great in a woodsy theme like the log cabins. I'm getting it....(I don't even own a cabin, and I'm already shopping like crazy.... bad me...)

SimplyShelby.pngng_001.png

• Like 3

Nice find!  Yeah, I already have a "log home" folder I've stuffed with items. Dysfunctionality is another I can't believe no one has mentioned yet. (EDIT: My Bad. @Marianne Little did indeed mention it above) If you go to the area across the stream from the main store, she has some good rustic stuff that will fit the theme and a tree house I'm almost certainly going to strip down & use in my back yard

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/104880

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Nice find!  Yeah, I already have a "log home" folder I've stuffed with items. Dysfunctionality is another  I can't believe no one has mentioned yet. If you go to the area across the stream from the main store, she has some good rustic stuff that will fit the theme and a tree house I'm almost certainly going to strip down & use in my back yard

So true Kat!! Thanks for mentioning it . I'm actually thinking of using her cozy country kitchen.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Cozy-Country-Kitchen-Tex-Change-Low-Land-Impact/6950344

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Nice find!  Yeah, I already have a "log home" folder I've stuffed with items. Dysfunctionality is another  I can't believe no one has mentioned yet. If you go to the area across the stream from the main store, she has some good rustic stuff that will fit the theme and a tree house I'm almost certainly going to strip down & use in my back yard

I mentioned it, but as "DDD". The more the merrier!

Roleplay items/medieval items/rustic items... I can often cross-utilize them.

PPK Items for roleplay is such a store. Many things there can be used if we go the rustic frontier decor line.

• Like 2

I will use the Muniick Farmhouse kitchen, the sale was mentioned in the Victorian shopping thread. All items is on sale now, only inworld. Very affordable for a modular kitchen. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wickman-Farmhouse-Kitchen-Complete-Set-PG-Version/18430705

The windows sit low in these log cabins. It will not be easy to have kitchen counters in front. So modular kitchens it will be, unless I cover some window.

I love this kitchen, but it is mostly one part (Cabinets, window, backsplash can't be unlinked).... what a disappointment!! 😒

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OBD-Rustic-Kitchen-Deluxe-White/12721912

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.