i am tired of liars!

Dizzy Tearfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it seem slike everyone in second life nowadays, are LIARS!

i've come upon so many people who end up not being who they really are.

SOOOOO, on that note. I am no longer associating RL with SL. For security reasons.

and on another note, WHO wants to be friends? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizzy Tearfall wrote:

SOOOOO, on that note. I am no longer associating RL with SL. For security reasons.

and on another note, WHO wants to be friends?
:D

Generally, it's not a good idea to shout out that everyone seems to be liars, and then ask in the next breath who wants to be friends. When that happens, people usually stare at one another for a brief second to see how others are reacting, and then try to change the topic to something that will defuse the situation and distract you from your psychic pain.

So everyone who role plays is a liar because they are not being who they really are??

Guess that goes for all the actors on Broadway and in Hollywood as well?

You might as well leave SL now, because there's a HECK of a lot of role playing going on and I doubt its going to end anytime soon.  No sense being miserable playing around with a bunch of liars.

IMHO

--Cinn

no noooo nooo, there is a difference between role playing and leading someone on about your "Real Life" telling them certain things and showing them photos, but then finding out they lied the whole time. it's a bummer.

Role playing is a whole different level of lying, its more make-beleive :D

Has anyone "died" on you in some tragic manner right when things seemed to be getting really serious and you were perhaps going to meet in RL?  Usually their "friend" or "relative" logs on to tell you about the tragic accident/suicide/disease that claimed their life.  That's an internet/SL classic. :matte-motes-tongue:

Dizzy Tearfall wrote:

and on another note, WHO wants to be friends?

csb.jpg

Dizzy Tearfall wrote:

no noooo nooo, there is a difference between role playing and leading someone on about your "Real Life" telling them certain things and showing them photos, but then finding out they lied the whole time. it's a bummer.

Role playing is a whole different level of lying, its more make-beleive

Some people roleplay a different RL, if you can't handle that then, I agree... you should leave RL out of the equation entirely.

...Dres

Randall Ahren wrote:

Almost forgot. I did lie once in the forums, specifically, in the SLebrities thread. This really wasn't me with Phlip Linden:

Phil Linden.png

That was me with a statue of Philip Linden in Athetis. Nonetheless, it fooled everybody <evil chuckle>.

Ran the Man!

Dizzy,  I think that you were prescient when you selected your SL name.  Dizzy, because you were too tired to reply to one post in this thread and Tearfall because you are tired of liars and have shed a few.

Just remember that SL is 'Your world. Your imagination.'  Likewise, the same is true for everyone else.

Hi, Diz!!

Ok, I will admit it.  I am not really an independently wealthy lingerie supermodel and mother of 3.

I only have 2 children.   :D

BTW, welcom to the forums, Dizzy.  I hope you don't let the teasing bother you too much.  I think we are all having fun because of your post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.