What are you listening to?

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

After listening to this I remained in Youtube and listened to a lot of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop's compositions. Quite a unique sound, and definitely does something to the senses, wakes up part of the brain that lay dormant as spare bits for much of the time I think. 

Yes! I love Delia Derbyshire's Radiophonic Workshop recordings...

Have either of you ever heard that White Noise album she did with other Radiophonic Workshop people? It's this amazing thing they recorded in a small flat in London in the 1960s...

This is bonkers...they mixed up lots of sound FX they'd made for TV and turned them into this wacky song...first time I heard it, the door bit made me jump out of my skin, I didn't realise it was part of the song xD

The last track is completely MENTAL 😬

Anyway, definitely worth a listen IMO! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Have either of you ever heard that White Noise album she did with other Radiophonic Workshop people? It's this amazing thing they recorded in a small flat in London in the 1960s...

This is bonkers...they mixed up lots of sound FX they'd made for TV and turned them into this wacky song...first time I heard it, the door bit made me jump out of my skin, I didn't realise it was part of the song xD

Totally bonkers! But wonderful stuff.

Makes me wonder if that wasn't where they got the inspiration for this...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Yes, and it's amazing, though I haven't heard it for a while.  The first track reminds me of this (and now I want to see the movie again). :) 

• Like 1