Anti-push shield(orbit)

elitefrogman2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you really want to stop someone pushing you around and griefing you, use force ground sit or right click and sit on the ground works every time when it used to happen to me i'd do the force ground sit i'd stop in my tracks and the griefer would be there still trying to grief me until they were automatically sent home

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:59 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you really want to stop someone pushing you around and griefing you, use force ground sit or right click and sit on the ground works every time when it used to happen to me i'd do the force ground sit i'd stop in my tracks and the griefer would be there still trying to grief me until they were automatically sent home

This is the correct answer. Also, if you are wearing an AO, use a standing animation for your ground sit, so you will look like you're innocently waiting to be pushed around. If the griefer walks into you, they will be deflected.

There are anti-pushing HUDs that lock you to the ground. I found about them when someone complained my escalators didn't work for them. If you lock yourself to the ground, transportation systems that use physics won't work for you. Some elevators, escalators, moving walkways, trams, and amusement park rides work that way.

is still possible to script orbit another person, without rezzing anything, when the parcel settings allow Push

Push OFF is the default parcel setting, and pretty much everyone leaves it OFF these days because of what can happen when the setting is ON

regardless of the parcel setting, including Scripts OFF parcels, we can always orbit ourselves with our own script, when the script is in a HUD we are wearing and the script has llTakeControls permission

edit add

a long time ago because of all the orbiters, rezzed or hudded, Linden changed llMoveToTarget to be the strongest force in SL.  llMoveToTarget is what movelock devices use

a llMoveToTarget movelock device will defeat llSetForce and llApplyImpulse, when it never used to

Edited by Mollymews

to answer the OP question

without rez rights then the only way to push people away from us is to use our avatar as a weapon to bump people away from us.  This is a TOS violation tho, and will get an account ban when we do it, particularly with a scripted device

if we don't want other people to bump us then we can make an avoider.  Basically when another person moves into our comfort zone then our avoider script moves our avatar away from them. Make a little dance out of it. Like when they approach, move sideways to them, then forward past them, then sideways again in other direction and then back to our original position

another way is to make a screamer for our movelock. Like when we are stationary and movelocked, if anyone bumps into us then a animation plays, with heaps of particles and sounds.  And text yelling: "DON"T BUMP ME !!!"

47 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

another way is to make a screamer for our movelock. Like when we are stationary and movelocked, if anyone bumps into us then a animation plays, with heaps of particles and sounds.  And text yelling: "DON"T BUMP ME !!!"

And then I mute/derender them and they probably get screamed at or AR'd by other bystanders for having such an obnoxious and spammy bumper.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

a long time ago because of all the orbiters, rezzed or hudded, Linden changed llMoveToTarget to be the strongest force in SL.  llMoveToTarget is what movelock devices use

a llMoveToTarget movelock device will defeat llSetForce and llApplyImpulse, when it never used to

Re-energized pushing methods can overpower llMoveToTarget() easily.

Keyframe motion based collision can overpower llMoveToTarget() easily.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Re-energized pushing methods can overpower llMoveToTarget() easily.

Keyframe motion based collision can overpower llMoveToTarget() easily.

these are true when a rezzed object inserts itself between the agent and the target of llMoveToTarget

43 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

And then I mute/derender them and they probably get screamed at or AR'd by other bystanders for having such an obnoxious and spammy bumper.

once a upon a time in SL, hanging about in public places with bumpers, poofers, gestures and other self animating players like onnigoko, bonkhammers, dropsies, etc  going off all the time. Nobody does this much anymore

30 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

once a upon a time in SL, hanging about in public places with bumpers, poofers, gestures and other self animating players like onnigoko, bonkhammers, dropsies, etc  going off all the time. Nobody does this much anymore

Oh I know. I'm just old and cynical (and slightly hyperbolic).

They're still relatively common in more playful communities like the furry/anime ones, or places like sandboxes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.