Marketplace filters added

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Been there done that. I still see some of them because the creator didn't bother with the permissions display setting that shows on the right hand side of the page.

image.png.95926717e03b935a255d1aa0503d2620.png

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NINI-Planet-Next-To-U-Skirt-GRAY/18739717

Greetings!

If you see an item that has incorrect permissions listed like that, then please take the time to flag the listing and choose Not as Advertised - Incorrect Permissions so that the Governance Team can address the issue with the seller. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

If you see an item that has incorrect permissions listed like that, then please take the time to flag the listing and choose Not as Advertised - Incorrect Permissions so that the Governance Team can address the issue with the seller. 

@Dakota Linden

I do when I can figure out which dropdown to use under Reason for Flag. Not as Advertised - Incorrect Permissions does not show in the dropdown and it will not let me change the Flag Category from Listing Violations. Not sure why that is. Never had the Flag Cat. grayed out like this before. Since it won't let me do a snip, the two closest to that are Item Not as Advertised and Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices. Which one should I choose?

8 hours ago, wesleytron said:

I possibly wasn't clear enough - I'm specifically referring to listings like the 'Chompy tail gacha' you linked to (and sorry, I credited finding the link to Alwin, not yourself).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Tardfish-Chompy-Tail-Gacha-V2-1-Play/18628355?id=18628355&slug=Tardfish-Chompy-Tail-Gacha-V2-1-Play

That's a gacha machine (or playable gacha as another listing calls it), so it is NOT a limited item like gacha items. In fact, you can probably purchase from it an infinite amount of times, like inworld gacha machines. I'm saying those are not a problem as far as our search results go. It shows up just the once. The filter is designed to get rid of all the individual resale gacha items because THOSE are the annoying ones, not listings like this one.

If we're wanting the filter to get rid of these type of listings as well, then we are are losing sight of what the point of the filter is in the first place.

Whilst I did know what you were talking about, it still may become an issue. At the moment as far as I can see there isn't that many 'gacha machine' type listings on marketplace. If however creators start catching on to this MP gacha machine method I wouldn't be surprised if it does become just as spammy.

Also, I would like to point out something that you seem to have overlooked about my post. If this so called 'MP gacha machine' method is allowed then Linden Lab should be forcing those listings to use the gacha category. Two of those that I posted (and many more I didn't post) that you refer to and the link from those that you posted in your response to me are listed under Avatar Accessories. Whilst yes, they may be avatar accessories, if you are going to make them into a gacha system, be it reseller or creator driven, you should automatically loose the right (be penalised) to place them in any other category other than Gacha.

MP is already a mess with miscategorised items, wrong listings, scams etc. I do not want to have to add the new "MP Gacha Machine" to the growing list of items to flag. If LL did their job properly in the first place, there should be very little need for relying on their customers to flag items clogging up support channels that should be used for genuine issues. Adding even more reasons to flag is only going to grow the ever expanding consumer response of "I give up and can't be bothered flagging anymore".

Edit:

However, if there are resellers selling individual resale gacha items and bypassing listing them as Limited Quantity, then I agree that's an abuse of the system and a problem, but it's a different issue.

Thought I would edit just to focus on what you typed here. No it is not a separate issue. If they are bypassing the system somehow then LL have failed in their coding to ensure that such bypassing cannot happen. You don't release a new filter without making sure that filter cant be bypassed as it defeats the purpose of that filter and means if this is true, given LL track record on progress time we may see a fix in 2 years.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1

I’m seeing a lot of demos that aren’t linked to the regular product, but in the cases of something that comes in multiple colors, a variety of mini-packs and a fat pack, etc...I understand them not wanting to tie a demo to only one of those. So what’s the correct protocol for this?
Say it’s a hair-maker...they have one demo for each style, but if they link that demo to just one color or the fatpack, it still makes me hunt for the color I want, so I see why they don’t link it at all. Every single hair from one creator, for example has 12 MP entries, one demo, one for each of 7 tones, 3 variety multi-packs and one fatpack of everything. 

6 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m seeing a lot of demos that aren’t linked to the regular product, but in the cases of something that comes in multiple colors, a variety of mini-packs and a fat pack, etc...I understand them not wanting to tie a demo to only one of those. So what’s the correct protocol for this?
Say it’s a hair-maker...they have one demo for each style, but if they link that demo to just one color or the fatpack, it still makes me hunt for the color I want, so I see why they don’t link it at all. Every single hair from one creator, for example has 12 MP entries, one demo, one for each of 7 tones, 3 variety multi-packs and one fatpack of everything. 

The way I've seen this done is the demo is linked to the fatpack and then at the bottom where it lists Related Items, there are listings for the various colors.  Then the text of each individual color refers to the Fatpack and Demo.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Now, if only they would add another filter for those crates that have only a picture of a thing, but not the thing itself.

Those annoy me too. I’ve made a note of the names of the ones that annoy. Use NOT search modifiers separated by commas to filter them. Part of my job is to search for things to use for ballet costumes so I make copy/paste filter strings to make this quicker and easier. I’m still not super at it but I have the NOT going well! 

To get rid of most of the crate textures and farming game stuff:
Cabbage, NOT DFS, NOT Beyou, NOT G&S

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The way I've seen this done is the demo is linked to the fatpack and then at the bottom where it lists Related Items, there are listings for the various colors.  Then the text of each individual color refers to the Fatpack and Demo.

probably the most logical way. I know one designer who has only the demo and the fat packs on MP, individual colors in-store, that seems good too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.