New furniture for Victorians?

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, Marianne Little said:

Do you have a set of frames or pictures you can edit? Download free vintage botanical illustrations for your home. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biodivlibrary/albums

The Smithsonian invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using the SI Websites, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.

I love these :)

19 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Please, how does one join happy Saturday offers?

There are a ton of weekend shopping events, and Happy Saturday is one of them. Er... actually, it's called Happy Weekend. Anyway, they are a great way to find new stores. A lot of it is clothing, and mostly women's clothing at that, but there are also quite a few decor and furniture places as well.

There are two websites that track almost all the shopping events in SL because there are a bloody ton of them.... Seraphim and Grid Affairs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

There are a ton of weekend shopping events, and Happy Saturday is one of them. Er... actually, it's called Happy Weekend. Anyway, they are a great way to find new stores. A lot of it is clothing, and mostly women's clothing at that, but there are also quite a few decor and furniture places as well.

There are two websites that track almost all the shopping events in SL because there are a bloody ton of them.... Seraphim and Grid Affairs

Many many thanks :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have been fooled by flat prims before, but this is real 3D. Great images, and modify so you can upload your own pictures.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DG-Mesh-Victorian-Frames-SET-Series-1-FREE/8480456

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DG-Mesh-Victorian-Frames-SET-Series-2-FREE/8492666

These are great. I just got them :) How does one change the picture please?

1 minute ago, VonWulfen said:

Many thanks :)

I really have to commend you. I know you are brand spankin' new to SL, and the way you've taken the initiative to learn, and asking questions, and being open to help is wonderful. You are an exemplary noob! Welcome to Second Life and I hope you never lose your enthusiasm!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I really have to commend you. I know you are brand spankin' new to SL, and the way you've taken the initiative to learn, and asking questions, and being open to help is wonderful. You are an exemplary noob! Welcome to Second Life and I hope you never lose your enthusiasm!

Many thanks, very kind indeed. Being a Blender user has really helped, the object positions, rotation etc are very similar. I believe I would still be all at sea if it where not for Blender :)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

For most frames, you can drag and drop the image from your inventory to the center of the frame. 

This usually work well. To be 100% certain, when you have selected the frame in Edit, choose "Select face" and click in the middle of the frame. You should then see a "bullseye". When you drag and drop the texture in the middle of the frame, you have selected only the part you clicked on, not the frame itself. But mishaps is a part of the learning process! Using free and copy items is fun and safe, you do not risk anything, just delete the frame and pull out a new one from your inventory, and try again. An endless supply of frames....

• Like 3

Ariskea has priced every individual part of the set, even the tiny flower pot. A Saturday sale is then more expensive than you should think... I choose to walk out without buying. A picture, a table, a chair,  2 set of books and a flower, is 75 + 75 + 75 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 375 L.

Of course I could have bought it if I really, really wanted to, but I have set my eyes on a bureau and chair from Bazar, that gives me 6 textures to choose from. For only 150 L more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Many thanks, very kind indeed. Being a Blender user has really helped, the object positions, rotation etc are very similar. I believe I would still be all at sea if it where not for Blender :)

Most do it the other way around, they start in Second Life, then try Blender... and give up. 😆

So if you can Blender, you have already learnt a  --ing hard program.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But mishaps is a part of the learning process!

You're not truly a resident of SL until you've accidentally dragged something from your inventory and either retextured your whole house with some random photo or attached an entire swimming pool to your head! Or clicked "add" on your entire clothing folder! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

You're not truly a resident of SL until you've accidentally dragged something from your inventory and either retextured your whole house with some random photo or attached an entire swimming pool to your head! Or clicked "add" on your entire clothing folder! 

I remember that! Retexturing the whole house with what should be a wood floor! Windows, walls, doors, roof...What a nightmare! Good we can't do it with the Linden homes...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I accidentally retextured the entire house with a picture -- a picture that was very much NOT appropriate for the general SL population.  And of course I was somewhat new so it took me a bit to figure out what I had done and how to fix it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I accidentally retextured the entire house with a picture -- a picture that was very much NOT appropriate for the general SL population.  And of course I was somewhat new so it took me a bit to figure out what I had done and how to fix it.

WHERE'S THE UNDO BUTTON??

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Most do it the other way around, they start in Second Life, then try Blender... and give up. 😆

So if you can Blender, you have already learnt a  --ing hard program.

I am not yet ready to upload my creations. The items in my new home are so much better than my Blender creations but to be surrounded by such amazing creations has inspired me so much that I am determined to push myself to create something worthy to place amongst them :)

• Like 3

FYI There are two big weekend sales -  Happy Weekend , and The Saturday Sale. They each have a Facebook page – Happy Weekend’s  is on Access SL‘s Facebook page.  However, the only way I think you can get a listing of every item Included in the sales along with the store locations  is to join the groups in world (again, Access for Happy Weekend).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

FYI There are two big weekend sales -  Happy Weekend , and The Saturday Sale. 

There are actually more than 2 big weekend sales.  Most of them are listed on Seraphim.  Use the Categories drop-down on the right and check Recurring Events / Weekly.  Check out the other categories for other regular sales, as well as regular events and the various special and one-off things.  There are a few standard sales events not on Seraphim, but that site does cover most of them.

http://seraphimsl.com/

image.png.c4fb616dda4a669eb944bad1211556fb.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Not furniture but relating to the Victorians...

I'm looking for recommendations on trees and bushes to put around my Victorian. I don't think the ones I have really fit well...

Temporarily derendered most of the mole stuff here to show my trees in isolation next to one of the mole pine trees:

c0a043aa1725d59e47cac49f570439a1.jpg

At left I have a "linden" tree (that's the actual name of that type of tree, not a reference to linden lab), and just right of me my pine.

In the background, a mole pine tree.

The Victorian region has a few of those pines in the background, but mostly other kinds of trees. My pine looks "out of place" to me, my "linden" sort of fits but might be a bit too 'flat panels at angles'...

So looking for some good mesh trees and bushes that fit the Victorian regions...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.