New furniture for Victorians?

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

By chance found this incredible store the other week off of someone's blog which has very elaborate and highly detailed furniture.  I had a heck of a time locating it because the blogger referred to it as "C&G" but it's name is actually China.Goodies. I am a very good sleuth. 

Creator is an architect and everything is gorgeous but extremely expensive so be prepared. I also loved the shopping experience - feels like walking in a museum. Furniture is old world style French/Italian, lots of collectible type pieces. Victorians loved chachkas and this store is filled with them; great for finding a piece of importance but not for furnishing your home entirely at all unless you live in a palace :P 

On the Marketplace also but I do recommend going to the inworld store to see everything in person as the photos don't do them justice. 

FYI not so sure how good the creator is about getting back to you if there's a problem, if she's active or not as I wrote her days ago about a piece that had no price on it that I wanted to buy and haven't heard back from her yet so be sure you really want what you are purchasing. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Soft Voices/19/16/901

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/144224?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=created_at_desc&search[per_page]=96&search[keywords]=&search[price_low]=&search[price_high]=&search[land_impact_low]=&search[land_impact_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0&search[limited_quantities]=0&search[is_demo]=0

Lovely furniture, thanks for posting the link. Most of it seems to be based on pieces from the Palace of Versailles. I loved looking around as there are so many lovely pieces, but the 'no copy' aspect puts me off a bit. I might buy one or two things as I love them so much but I do tend to lose no copy items.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Seriously got them 2 days ago for the full price... 

giphy.gif

lol when I saw it was on sale I was like whaaaat?!!! I bought one set recently for full price too! I guess now this means I can get the other color version for much cheaper, but I really have no more prims to spare as I'm reserving what's left for boat rezzing. Decisions, decisions! 

15 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

No-go for almost everyone I know.

Are you talking about the C&G stuff I posted about? and @foneco Zuzu ?

The 2 pieces I purchased ARE copy. 

If you filter for "copy", you'll see plenty comes up. Looks likes some pieces have 2 versions, a less expensive transfer version and more expensive copy version.

I'm also wondering if some pieces might have been gachas at some point, hence why they aren't copy. Of course I have no idea but again, there are copy items there for anyone who is interested.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Are you talking about the C&G stuff I posted about? and @foneco Zuzu ?

The 2 pieces I purchased ARE copy. 

If you filter for "copy", you'll see plenty comes up. Looks likes some pieces have 2 versions, a less expensive transfer version and more expensive copy version.

I'm also wondering if some pieces might have been gachas at some point, hence why they aren't copy. Of course I have no idea but again, there are copy items there for anyone who is interested.

That's good to know. It sure would be helpful if Marketplace allowed merchants to create those kind of categories, huh? LOL

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That's good to know. It sure would be helpful if Marketplace allowed merchants to create those kind of categories, huh? LOL

I'm glad you noticed it and mentioned it. I had only been to the store and posted the link to Marketplace so people would be able to find it easily. I didn't even think to look about permissions since everything at the store seemed to be copy. Buyer beware/live and learn! 

• Like 1

Slightly unrelated but I thought I'd ask here. Does anybody have any ideas on how to decorate pretty decently in the Victorians and actually make them feel fully decorated? I keep trying to decorate (using an add on or two) and i keep seeming to be using stuff either prim heavy or just rezzing out so mu ch I  hit my limit with furniture and i haven't even put anything outside yet either. Is it just me or maybe the Victorians are a little too big versus the sizes of the traditional?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Slightly unrelated but I thought I'd ask here. Does anybody have any ideas on how to decorate pretty decently in the Victorians and actually make them feel fully decorated? I keep trying to decorate (using an add on or two) and i keep seeming to be using stuff either prim heavy or just rezzing out so mu ch I  hit my limit with furniture and i haven't even put anything outside yet either. Is it just me or maybe the Victorians are a little too big versus the sizes of the traditional?

My Shelley is fully decorated and I'm currently having 15 Prims left. I'm only using low LI stuff. Most of my furniture balances between 1-5 LI and I've linked a lot together so I saved a lot of LI too. Hope that helps. :) 

• Like 1

Today I'm gong to shamessly Plug the Adams Expansion Kit #2 that I have created. It is one of two Home and Garden Expo  Relay For Life of Second Life 100% donation items that I will be adding. It will make me no profit but 100% of  every sale will be going to Relay for Life in the Hopes of one day removing the Scurge of Cancer from all our lives. The expo opens on the 13th and will run until March 9th. The build will be fully furnished with all kinds of beautiful things so scroll on down to see what I've done.
 All of the furniture is animated, some with props. It is a completely furnished home with LI to add your own pieces. The Pool can be accessed from both the ground or the living room french doors. Even the side yard will be landscaped.

Here is the SLURL if you'd like to see it now. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/All Hours/187/234/25

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_001.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_002.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_004.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_005.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_007.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_008.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_009.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_011.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_012.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_013.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_014.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_016.jpg

adams furnished expansion kit 2  1_017.jpg

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 8

Do you have a set of frames or pictures you can edit? Download free vintage botanical illustrations for your home. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biodivlibrary/albums

The Smithsonian invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using the SI Websites, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have found these bathroom pieces at the outlet area of Dreamland Designs. The single vanity looks really nice with that wooden structure, and so does the bathtub; although I think the curtain texture needs to be replaced so to match the Victorian style. There's also a double vanity at the store, but it looks more modern, although I'm sure it might work as well; mixing boho /organic styles with these houses has really worked out for me.

VicVanity.png

vICbATHROOM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, Marianne Little said:

Do you have a set of frames or pictures you can edit? Download free vintage botanical illustrations for your home. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biodivlibrary/albums

The Smithsonian invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using the SI Websites, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.

Not only botanical! Lots of bird illustrations, insects, seashells, fish, etc. It's a spectacular resource!

shells.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6

Oh, my god. Free and low land impact. 1-2 Li.

It is ATMOS design, the gacha has sexy female warrior items, so imagine my surprise when I found this gem.

Imaginarium, free gift with group tag (free to join). https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gimme Gacha Productions/44/88/3463

You don't have to play a single gacha vendor. It is also a cute bird house from another vendor, but that is 9 Li and I can't use so many on a small item.

Edit: It is furniture in the second floor of the mainstore http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sweet Memories/224/60/22

and the set costs 299 there, so it is well worth going to the gacha place.

[AD] - Noble Sitting Place.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I have been fooled by flat prims before, but this is real 3D. Great images, and modify so you can upload your own pictures.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DG-Mesh-Victorian-Frames-SET-Series-1-FREE/8480456

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DG-Mesh-Victorian-Frames-SET-Series-2-FREE/8492666

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.