Help With Notifications

Lessa Joubert

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope someone can help me! I've been using SL for years but was out of world for a while and am now just coming back. When I log in, if I have a notification from a subscibo with a notecard attached I see the message "such and such has sent you this notecard" and I have the option to keep or delete it. But when I choose to keep it the message disappears and the notecard doesn't seem to be anywhere in my inventory. What do I have to do so that these messages will be saved? Thank you!

Is it one particular subscribo that is giving you the problem? If so you might need to contact the person sending - the notecard may not actually be in there.

However, if you are accepting it and it isn't in your inventory, try a relog. It may be there and just not showing.

Thank you Adam. I have relogged without success. And this is happening with all subscribo messages. My notifications won't open attachments from in-world group messages either, when I click on them, but at least with them I can go to my groups and receive the items directly from notices. I feel like I must have some obscure setting messed up but  I've been all over the menus and can't find the problem. I should probably also say, I'm using the official SL viewer.

Lessa, I get this with group notices a lot.  I find that if the image or notecard doesn't appear, I can see it if I open the group's info window, go to the Notices tab, click the notice in question, then click "Show Attachment".

Dunno if you can do that with a subscribo though.

• Like 1

I have my preferences set to automatically accept all inventory offers and that seems to handle the subscribo issue.  The only caveat to that is that it will accept ALL items - notecards, landmarks, objects, etc... --- and thus you have to pay attention to things and not just automatically rez or attach all received objects.  When I log in, I check my chat log to see who gave me what. If I received an object that I'm not sure of, I use a no-script area to rez it and check it out, never 'attaching' anything I'm not sure about.

How do you set that, LittleMe? I can't find a place to change that particular preference. I don't actually get many items and I generally avoid subscibos except when it's something I really want to participate in so I'll definitely be clear on who's giving me what. But I can't find the option. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm using the official SL viewer... Thanks!

I believe the preference LittleMe is referring to is in the Firestorm 3rd party viewer.  

I also think that the problem you described does not happen with the Firestorm viewer.  When I've experienced the type of issue you described, I was using the LL viewer or one of the other 3rd party viewers. 

2 hours ago, Lessa Joubert said:

How do you set that, LittleMe? I can't find a place to change that particular preference. I don't actually get many items and I generally avoid subscibos except when it's something I really want to participate in so I'll definitely be clear on who's giving me what. But I can't find the option. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm using the official SL viewer... Thanks!

Yes, I should have mentioned that I use Firestorm and I'm not sure if such a thing exists in the SL viewer.

I don't know if it's still there, I do not use the LL viewer. but if you do, it used to be something in the debug settings..

If you do not have the advanced menu available.. go to Me > Preferences> Advanced Tab > Show Advanced Menu 

Advanced Menu> Debug Settings> AutoAcceptNewInventory   is where it used to be located, as long as you can get the debug popup, you can type in the autoaccept to find it. It's on false by default. 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, Lessa Joubert said:

I hope someone can help me! I've been using SL for years but was out of world for a while and am now just coming back. When I log in, if I have a notification from a subscibo with a notecard attached I see the message "such and such has sent you this notecard" and I have the option to keep or delete it. But when I choose to keep it the message disappears and the notecard doesn't seem to be anywhere in my inventory. What do I have to do so that these messages will be saved? Thank you!

This is a bug on the LL viewer - please see BUG-227179 - All offline inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost

Until BUG-227179 is fixed, all offline inventory offers from scripted objects will be lost & I'm afraid there is no way to recover the lost offers once you have logged in & got the inventory offer.
The only workaround I know of for now is if you see in your email that you have important offline inventory offers sent via a scripted object that you do not want to lose, is to login on Firestorm viewer to accept your offline inventory offers. Firestorm has this bug fixed.
After you accepted your inventory offers, you can log out of Firestorm & relog on the LL viewer if you wish.
Firestorm download: https://www.firestormviewer.org/os/

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

This is a bug on the LL viewer - please see BUG-227179 - All offline inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost

Until BUG-227179 is fixed, all offline inventory offers from scripted objects will be lost & I'm afraid there is no way to recover the lost offers once you have logged in & got the inventory offer.
The only workaround I know of for now is if you see in your email that you have important offline inventory offers sent via a scripted object that you do not want to lose, is to login on Firestorm viewer to accept your offline inventory offers. Firestorm has this bug fixed.
After you accepted your inventory offers, you can log out of Firestorm & relog on the LL viewer if you wish.
Firestorm download: https://www.firestormviewer.org/os/

This is the kind of thing everyone should be notified of. I never heard of it.

• Like 1

I've downloaded the Firestorm viewer. I used it in the past at some point, but I prefer the LL viewer. However, I prefer getting my notifications more! Thanks for the info about the bug, Whirly. I'll keep an eye on it in case they ever implement a fix.

I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.