Bellisseria History

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While there are still folks in the forums who were scouting Belli before the initial April release, perhaps we should capture some Belli history!   The growth of both the continent, and the community, I'm thinking.   I cannot contribute too much, being a bit of a latecomer.  Salient events might include important releases, pictures, the birth of the Belli Blues cafe, the first Fairgrounds event, Jon Ree's ongoing listkeeping, the Bellisseria Citizens newspaper (now on hiatus, but I know anvyre is trying to revive it), etc.

This is not my idea!  It is @Patch Linden's as shared 11/8/19 in Belli chat.

[14:20:06] Patch Linden: Someone should capture this story and put it in the history books of Bellisseria
[14:20:23] Cheryl Eternal: good idea! A belli historian!!
[14:20:25] Nite Waters: What, there are history books?
[14:20:36] Cheryl Eternal: there's history at all the birthday events
[14:20:39] Seraph SpiritWeaver: this story needs aliens
[14:20:55] Cheryl Eternal: i never get tired of looking at how SL was in the beginning
[14:21:00] Patch Linden: There are ghosts for sure, but I haven't seen aliens... yet
[14:21:09] Rielle (Hot Poppy): Where are these history books?
[14:21:10] Seraph SpiritWeaver: ohh
[14:21:11] Roman Kiranov: thanks Patch, now... what's the real story behind 3 Meter Park? :)
[14:21:16] Patch Linden: The forums might be a good place to store history :D
[14:21:45] Patch Linden: I mean I could add in what brought it on...

And he did.  But I won't post it right now, not only because I, too, am a bit of a tease, but mostly in hopes Patch will come and tell his own story  :)

Instead, let me kick it off with a link to @Daniel Voyager's excellent summary of the first year of the Belli buildout.

https://danielvoyager.wordpress.com/tag/bellisseria/

Edited by Nika Talaj
cite mr. voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Allow me to contribute this link to a related topic as well.

EDIT: Here's also a link to the Bellisseria topic on Inara Pey's blog, she too is good at tracking important historical Belliserian events 
https://modemworld.me/tag/bellisseria/

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
Additional link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Moles

Parallel to the real history of Bellisseria, it might also be interesting to start building a separate collection of presumed back stories.  Many region names in Bellisseria suggest that they memorialize events or people that contributed in some way to making Bellisseria what it is today.  For example, what really happened at Penitent Beach?  Who was Welby and what did s/he have to do with Welby Corner? Who was the widow at Widow Point?  When were mermaids last seen at Mermaid Frolic?  Was there really a roaring bear at Roaring Bear or a kahuna at Kahuna?  Inquiring minds want to know (or at least speculate).

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

30 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Parallel to the real history of Bellisseria, it might also be interesting to start building a separate collection of presumed back stories.  Many region names in Bellisseria suggest that they memorialize events or people that contributed in some way to making Bellisseria what it is today.  For example, what really happened at Penitent Beach?  Who was Welby and what did s/he have to do with Welby Corner? Who was the widow at Widow Point?  When were mermaids last seen at Mermaid Frolic?  Was there really a roaring bear at Roaring Bear or a kahuna at Kahuna?  Inquiring minds want to know (or at least speculate).

Do please tell us the backstory of, er... Tickle Ridge!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Instead, let me kick it off with a link to @Daniel Voyager's excellent summary of the first year of the Belli buildout.

Some corrections and additions:

RE:  First Houseboats Preview – 14th May 2019
   The first Houseboats Preview was actually at the Home Expo that happened before the April 15th release.  What his picture shows is the first preview of the second Houseboats release, the Squishy Pickle.

RE:  The houseboats release opens – 15th May 2019
  That release was the second set of houseboats - the Squishy Pickle.

RE:  Live updates: second batch of houseboats sold out – 14th May
  That date should be 15th May

It might also be worth noting that during the initial release on April 15th, the Houseboats were all taken in roughly 12 hours and it took approx. 48 hours for all of the Houses to be snatched up.  That release consisted of approx. 3500 homes (houses and houseboats).

In the release of the Squishy Pickle on May 15th, all of the Houseboats were taken in under 30 minutes -- 27 or 28 minutes, if I remember correctly.  That release consisted of 709 Houseboats.

June 24th - They start releasing a single completed region at a time throughout the week.

Sept 17th - Initial release of the Campers & Trailers.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The first event at the Fairgrounds was the 4th of July Party hosted by the Bellisseria Community group. Lots of people attended and danced to music by Doc Rast. Refreshments were also provided, however, in the food tent there was a bowl labeled "Abnor's Potato Salad" that many were hesitant to eat after hearing reports from the Moles over the previous weekend.

T-Shirts were handed out to those who ate the potato salad and survived. As for the others, let's just say the porta-potties were nearby for a reason :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 11/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, Nika Talaj said:

While there are still folks in the forums who were scouting Belli before the initial April release, perhaps we should capture some Belli history!   The growth of both the continent, and the community, I'm thinking.   I cannot contribute too much, being a bit of a latecomer.  Salient events might include important releases, pictures, the birth of the Belli Blues cafe, the first Fairgrounds event, Jon Ree's ongoing listkeeping, the Bellisseria Citizens newspaper (now on hiatus, but I know anvyre is trying to revive it), etc.

This is not my idea!  It is @Patch Linden's as shared 11/8/19 in Belli chat.

And he did.  But I won't post it right now, not only because I, too, am a bit of a tease, but mostly in hopes Patch will come and tell his own story  :)

I had the whole log, but didn't want to name names :)

On 11/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, Dyna Mole said:

I thought there would be cows on trebuchets in Cowabunga. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.