Been banned & how do I get back in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One time i rented a piece of land and paid tier on it.  Then i built a breedable garden.  It was actually very pretty.  It looked beautiful when i logged out and went to bed.  When i logged in the morning there was huge neon signs saying what the ***** did you do.  With a huge alien with a hula hoop standing over my land.  When i complained to the landlady they banned me and kicked me off the sim (lucky for me i was smart enough to pick up my no copy stuff when i saw the griefing).  It turns out her RL daughter is her estate manager, and she lets her get away with griefing her tenants or doing anything she wants.  Now the other estate manager added me to an illegal HUD that won't let me teleport to any sim she is standing on.

I'd say to the person who necroed this thread, welcome to SL, worse things can happen.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mahjee said:

What if you cant get to the region to get about land?

Do as Rowan has suggested, make an alternative avatar. We are each officially allowed five accounts per household, and a lot of us have more than one avatar. Then with your alternative avatar you can visit the land and again follow Rowan's instructions.

Sometimes estate managers appear to ban people when they are updating the land.

And there are MANY other great places to visit anyway.

Always remember to read any rules that some landowners either place at the landing area on notice boards, or they often send you a notecard which goes into your inventory. Please read and respect the rules of the landowners. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

To all, this is a topic of 2011, 13 years ago.

Sometimes that makes a difference, because sometimes previous answers are stale. That's not always true, though. Some questions and their answers never go out of style.  That's why there's no rule that says necro threads are necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Sometimes that makes a difference, because sometimes previous answers are stale. That's not always true, though. Some questions and their answers never go out of style.  That's why there's no rule that says necro threads are necessarily a bad thing.

Exactly and why I answered.  This question gets asked enough times that there really was no need to start a fresh topic.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 10:00 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Use an alt, ask a friend to go look, stand on a parcel/region next to it and cam in, use your intelligence.

You cant cam in. Just because I cant figure out a way to do it doesnt mean im not intelligent. Use yours. 

20 minutes ago, Mahjee said:

You cant cam in. Just because I cant figure out a way to do it doesnt mean im not intelligent. Use yours. 

You can cam in if it's mainland.  However, if it's on a.private estate the other options are valid.  Use an alt or ask a friend.

Edited by Rowan Amore

3 hours ago, Mahjee said:

Some regions you can cam in from the one next to it and be able to open the about land. Depends on some of your settings that I won't get into here. The info is out there. It's not against the TOS or anything just more in depth than what I am prepared to go into on the forum and at 8pm on a Monday night.

I meant if none of those things worked to think of something else yourself. It wasn't an insult. Sorry if it came across that way. 

I do use mine. It's always getting me into trouble.

• Like 1

Sim owners (at least private estate owners, like homesteaders) can set their sim to not allow anyone who's been banned to even see the sim from outside. Like, it's just not even there for them to see.

As for how a ban could happen without the sim owner or staff knowing, it happened to me once, meself. Someone was on hiatus, and their playpartner/friendperson put up security to protect their place while they were away, and I dropped in to check on the place and ended up having to contact the sim owner to restore my land privileges. It banned me from the entire region, and I got dumped on top of the opera house, because it has its own separate parcel.

Banlines, banlines everywhere. It was some scary poop.

They were baffled until they found the security orb.

Edited by PheebyKatz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.