Current State of Mesh Male Heads?

KathyGables

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am now trying to get up-to-speed on male heads. I have an avatar that has a Belleza Jake body with a system head. I have tried all manner of ways to find a system head that can pass as reasonable with the Jake body. The neck issue has been a killer. I think I am about ready to fork out the Lindens to go with a MALE mesh head. I see most of the posts when I look around talk about using a male CATWA head. I have two problems with that. First, As far as the FEMALE heads go I have decided that LAQ is my head of chose and don't care for CATWA. Should I forget what my preferences are on female heads? Second,  I have read several posts that discuss the problem of matching a male CATWA head with a Jake body due to the neck blend issue. The picture here is of an avatar with a older system head on a Jake body. I have given up on the neck blending tools.  I would appreciate any suggestions. I want to stay with the Jake body.

A second related issue is finding a gray or white chest hair tattoo for the avatar. Any thoughts on that?

male-jake-systemhead.png

A rumor of a possible male LAQ head keeps floating around and I keep hoping for it.

I'm not familiar with the Jake body, but my alt has Gianni and Altamura bodies with Catwa, Akeruka and the built in Altamura heads and I've always had trouble with the neck seam. Even with matching head & body appliers. I'm not sure if it's how the male skins are shaded or what. 

BoM should help matching the head to the body a bit better. As for the chest hair, I don't think I've seen any sold separately. It's usually either on the male skin or as a tattoo applier option with the skin.

1 hour ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Slink recently released a male mesh head that's BoM ready.  Thus, you should be able to use his sytem skin with that.  I have no experience with the Jake body, but you can give the demo a try.

Sorry, I probably should know but I don't. BoM?

I use between Lelutka Andrea and Lelutka Guy now and left my Catwa Daniel covered with dust.

EDIT: Also the neck seam sometimes happens because of the skin creator. Recently I use Birth skin and I barely see any seams on my neck (maybe darker skin makes it barely seen?). So yeah, skin is one of the factor you saw neck seam.

Edited by elixdude

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I know I am a bit late to this party,

So the most obvious thing about Male Mesh heads is that the selection is way less when compared to Female heads. The same is true for 3rd Party support. This usually means that I tend to suggest Catwa most of the time. Both because they have more heads available and because its easier to find third party options like skins and beards.

That said, if you STILL want to try and go with a system head, I suggest Aeros. Even though they are famous for their genitals, they also do skins. In addition, they offer "legacy" system head tattoos of most of their old system skins that match the skin tones of several of their body appliers. I have friends who have used these with the Belleza Jake mesh body and a system head and achieved a seamless neck.

Edited by Orion Pastorelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.