And it's starting again and again and angain...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen something sort of TP-related (in Catznip's beta which might be the whole problem). Several times recently after a successful teleport, while objects and textures are loading and I'm camming around frantically hunting for something rezzed-enough to look at, the viewer crashes to the desktop. One time this happened without a teleport but still while camming deep into previously unseen territory causing heavy object and texture loading. But it hasn't happened again the past couple days so I haven't dug into logs or otherwise investigated further.

Thing is, from the OP's description, this may not be relevant because I haven't seen a single tidy teleport logout,  only these crashes to desktop. Also no exceptional problems crossing sim borders, and as for "lag"...

... yeah, you know, I want to rant about this. I really don't want to hear about "lag" without more specifics. It's meaningless. MEANINGLESS (now that only UPPERCASE words are important). You got "lag?" Tough. You want anybody to care? Tell us enough to at least know whether it's server-side or viewer-side and what specifically feels slower than before. Then open the Statistics Bar and read the numbers to at least take a shot at categorizing what might be happening.

Because otherwise, sure, anybody you see will always say "oh, yeah, the LAG IS SO BAD, yeah, worst ever LAG!" even though whatever's ailing them has nothing to do with what's bothering anybody else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I've seen something sort of TP-related (in Catznip's beta which might be the whole problem). Several times recently after a successful teleport, while objects and textures are loading and I'm camming around frantically hunting for something rezzed-enough to look at, the viewer crashes to the desktop. One time this happened without a teleport but still while camming deep into previously unseen territory causing heavy object and texture loading. But it hasn't happened again the past couple days so I haven't dug into logs or otherwise investigated further.

Possibly this crash, which can happen any time a new Animesh is rendered by the viewer, so can happen at login, quickly after a TP or when camming further away.
The number of people suffering from this crash is pretty high.

BUG-227559 - Crash on login: ERROR # newview/llface.cpp(467) LLFace::setTextureIndex : Face with no texture index references indexed texture draw info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not seeing anything unusual. My overly complex scripted NPCs are running normally. The bikes drive fine. The escalators are running. I just toured Kama City in a helicopter and that went fine, except for two ban lines and a security orb. I visited my place in Bellesaria and things were fine there.

The recent scripting bug should only affect rezzers. The only broken scripted object I've seen recently is a stuck traffic light at Strute and Vallone in Kama City.

I've been on Firestorm on Linux, Firestorm on Windows 7, and the LL viewer on Windows 7, and they're all behaving about the same.

17 hours ago, animats said:

I'm not seeing anything unusual. My overly complex scripted NPCs are running normally. The bikes drive fine. The escalators are running. I just toured Kama City in a helicopter and that went fine, except for two ban lines and a security orb. I visited my place in Bellesaria and things were fine there.

The recent scripting bug should only affect rezzers. The only broken scripted object I've seen recently is a stuck traffic light at Strute and Vallone in Kama City.

I've been on Firestorm on Linux, Firestorm on Windows 7, and the LL viewer on Windows 7, and they're all behaving about the same.

Well to mention some of the problems I encountered:

• Sailing HUD not working -  reset and rerun solved it
  • AO stopped, redeliver solved it
  • My reliable sailing boat rezzed at lighthouse near my home, Bellesaria, could raise sails, but not sail/move
  • Very slow script executions/runs different sims, for example sitting on furniture, using poses in different sims

All above random where I was, it seemed - on some sims I encountered no problems at all.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, Solar Legion said:

Crashes that appear to only be affecting a somewhat specific world region - the recent script issues nonwithstanding.

Or are we to believe that some of those responding here are lying?

Yes of course, I'm stupid and loosing my time moaning here for peanuts... THINK once  : why would I complain if everything was ok ???  Don't you think I'd be better inworld chatting with friends or sailing ???    Come on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Yes of course, I'm stupid and loosing my time moaning here for peanuts... THINK once  : why would I complain if everything was ok ???  Don't you think I'd be better inworld chatting with friends or sailing ???    Come on...

Read what I said - repeatedly. Read it until you properly understand what was said. 

For that matter, read the entire thread again. 

Your response is for a post and meaning that does not exist. At all. 

• 1 month later...

I had two instances of TP-attempts crashing to desktop yesterday, two fails in several hours of region-hopping, I don't think there's enough evidence there to support the return to the bad old days. Neither of them were to or from the same location, and neither of them were repeatable, the log files simply said there was no response from the region (but no easy way to tell if it was the going-to or jumping-from region). Once I had logged back in again I was able to repeat the attempted hop successfully.

What I do seem to be seeing is reported TP-fails and login fails peaking at weekends, so it might just be that the increase in people trying to use the facilities is causing some issues? I've had no problems at all during the weekdays.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

45 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

I think LL really wants to sink SL...

I wouldnt be that dramatic... but i can confirm the issues. Two weeks ago it happened 3 times in a row, within 20 minutes or so. And last week i got logged out while teleporting on 2 separate days.
It doesnt seem to be fixed 100%.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.