Any review for Signature Alice?

elixdude

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not that I reviewed it, but I can give you my thoughts, not that I think I am an expert.

Will it be mainstream? I think it's released too late. The market is saturated.

The new TMP body had a surge in popularity, and had a lot of content produced in just days after the release.

This is good marketing work, but I am not sure if the Signature team can pull off the same. I think they are weaker in marketing. Their new male body, Geralt, don't have so much mesh content made for it as Gianni, and it's over a year old.

The bodies are Omega compatible, so any skin with Omega appliers can be used on it, so the skins should not be an issue. Plus that BoM is already provided for it.

But as many mesh compatible clothes as the others? I doubt it. Sooner or later, the clothes designers reach a limit for how many bodies they can reach for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elixdude said:

I planned to buy for alt, is this body gonna be as mainstream as Maitreya or Belleza soon? Are any clothes designer gonna make their clothes compatible with this body? Are any skin creator gonna made for this body? Thank you!

It's been around since 2015 and you can see how many things have been made for it... (The new body is updated from the original but it obviously never took off.)

https://cutesexycool.wordpress.com/mesh-body-reviews/womens-bodies/signature-alice/

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

Ouch.  I saw this this and it hurt:

The worst bits:
  • The body isn’t compatible with Slink hands/feet, which is always a big downside for those of us with a tonne of shoes. It also begs the question of when creators can/will start making shoes to fit the body.

[ETA]

I did find a review that says Alice feet are compatible with Maitreya Lara shoes. \o/

I knew they had to be compatible with one of the big 3.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

From the little i know its been around longer than TMP Legacy but there's very little clothing support for it, a specific search yields less than 100 results. Unless it's compatible with clothes made for more popular bodies or standard/fitmesh size clothing i can't see it coming anywhere near close to mainstream 

efc924387d6ac5ffad50d1ed048281cc.png

Since we talk about shoes, Maitreya fits seamless with Slink hands and feet, meaning that body can wear 99,99% of all shoes of newer date. I often wear Slink hands, they are a bit prettier than Maitreya.

Looking at the Alice body, something is... odd... with the hands? It can be just me, but it is something unnatural with the relaxed hand.

Another video review:

• Like 1

Quick run down: It’s a very nice body. It comes with omega preinstalled and is BoM ready. It’s super responsive to the shape sliders so doing a shape for it was a snap. I just threw a fresh catwa on it and was good to go.

The shine is gorgeous, I’d say it has the best out of the box shine I’ve seen yet. It seems to be comparable to Maitreya, but Maitreya sizes don’t fit. Actually, it’s more comparable with Belleza Isis, which is also comparable to Maitreya. So it’s definitely in that market. 

The only minus is clothing obviously. There were a couple of outfits at the signature store. Just as my sister and I were critiquing the body, a designer sent an update with an item for Alice in it. So time will tell how much support it actually gets.

I haven’t had a chance to snap some pics, really weird weekend. When I get the chance I will share though.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:00 AM, Marianne Little said:

Looking at the Alice body, something is... odd... with the hands? It can be just me, but it is something unnatural with the relaxed hand.

Another video review:

I didn't notice the hands as much because the first thing that jumped out and grabbed my attention right at the beginning is how awkward in the way the shoulders move. It also has the same under arm awkward "cut" that goes way too high like Maitreya Lara does, though the Maitreya shoulder move more naturally so it's not as noticeable. But on this one the awkward way the shoulder move make it a lot more pronounced. And, yes, I do know it has to do with the AO animation being used, but that's not an extreme-movement AO.

Also, in the first review video, the bent leg looked strange to me at the knee from the profile, as though it were made of rubber and "crinkling" on the back side.

I may grab a demo just to verify or debunk these impressions, though I suspect I'll stay with my fist choice body for these reasons. I do hope it becomes successful because I'll admit: the Signature HUDS snd features are amazing and for that I am envious and I know most people don't pay attention to these things or notice them. I, myself, do pay attention to detail and since I'm the one seeing myself 99.44% of the time, I have the be happier wearing it than anyone else.

In the end, more choice is always the best option!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I gave the demo a try. 

Obviously my V-tech chest and my arm mod don't fit, and she is too curvy for me.

Otherwise very nice, if you never wear anything but shoes and applier layers. No mesh clothes come even close to fitting, except for the very tiny few in the Signature store and a dozen more things in the MP.

I guess a long-sleeved, up-to-the-neck dress would work... 😑

Yeah, a smarter move probably would’ve been to release the dev kit first. Make a big hoopla about that, so some clothing options would be available. 

Original mesh creators don’t really grow on trees.

Now it’s going to be a chicken or the egg thing. “It’s nice, but nobody makes clothes for it. I’m not buying it.”Or “It’s nice, but nobody’s buying it. I won’t create for it.”

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.