So frustrated this afternoon!

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Home alone, SL plans afoot...... get comfy.

Firestorm doesn't fully load and freezes.

Ok....relog, and noe I get error message 105, something about name not recognised. So rashly I uninstall, and so far it won't reinstall.

Tried the SL viewer.....crashed me out.

Tried my old laptop.......super super laggy and crashed me out.

Just sitting here sobbing uncontrollably......when will it all end?????????

😥😥😥😥😥😥

• Sad 4

Ahhhhhh……….after much switching on and off, and contacting the line provider, it seems we may have resolved the issue...……...

Firestorm has loaded and I just have to test it now before I can relax...…………...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Oh no! I looked at grid status and nothing seems to be afoot. Did you try fiddling with your router/modem? I always try that when I have no idea what else to do.

Hugs!!

Yeah it may have been the modem, the online diagnostic showed a poor connection....now seems OK!!!!!

Still not right..…..just booted me out and now can't connect to a simulator...……….

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Home alone, SL plans afoot...... get comfy.

Firestorm doesn't fully load and freezes.

Ok....relog, and noe I get error message 105, something about name not recognised. So rashly I uninstall, and so far it won't reinstall.

Tried the SL viewer.....crashed me out.

Tried my old laptop.......super super laggy and crashed me out.

Just sitting here sobbing uncontrollably......when will it all end?????????

😥😥😥😥😥😥

You're first mistake was thinking reinstalling is going to fix everything. It won't. Also, if you don't do a "clean" reinstall, you're leaving behind files that could be corrupted and installing over the top of them won't uncorrupt the files. 

On the bright side you didn't mention clearing cache. :D

Step 5: Clear Cache

Clearing cache should only be done when there is a problem with the cache, or when there is a significant change in the viewer that requires it (such as a change to the KDU render code). The viewer will automatically clear cache in such cases, but manual clearing may be quicker.

When downgrading, you should always clear the cache.

If you have to clear cache in order to use the viewer version you are about to install, please see this page.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

29 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're first mistake was thinking reinstalling is going to fix everything. It won't. Also, if you don't do a "clean" reinstall, you're leaving behind files that could be corrupted and installing over the top of them won't uncorrupt the files. 

On the bright side you didn't mention clearing cache. :D

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

Not too bad again now...….but this cache thing? I wouldn't know where to look!!!!! Seriously!!! 😜

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Not too bad again now...….but this cache thing? I wouldn't know where to look!!!!! Seriously!!! 😜

It's all there on the wiki. That is the purpose of the wiki. A tool to use for troubleshooting and fixes. Do yourself a favor and bookmark the wiki. 

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/

• Thanks 2

On 8/22/2019 at 2:19 AM, Aethelwine said:

If it happens again, and it seems to plausibly to do with a bad Internet connection then turning the router off for 20 seconds, then turning it on again can work wonders 

It does but sometimes the password needs to be entered and sometimes I forget that. It becomes a vicious circle. 

1 minute ago, CheriColette said:

It does but sometimes the password needs to be entered and sometimes I forget that. It becomes a vicious circle. 

Might be time for a new modem/router.

If you lease it then you don't want to let them get any older than 5 years because (at least with Comcast and Frontier) at that age they are no longer in the companies' system as they have been discontinued and are no longer used. We learned that the hard way. It's a good idea to check with your provider at least once a year to see if the equipment needs to be updated. You might even be able to renegotiate your bill (in the US) to a lower monthly rate.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Might be time for a new modem/router.

If you lease it then you don't want to let them get any older than 5 years because (at least with Comcast and Frontier) at that age they are no longer in the companies' system as they have been discontinued and are no longer used. We learned that the hard way. It's a good idea to check with your provider at least once a year to see if the equipment needs to be updated. You might even be able to renegotiate your bill (in the US) to a lower monthly rate.

Switching to a Mesh home network system was a wonderful move for me!  There are several versions on the market that are affordable and scale-up as your needs expand.

Edited by JennCrossSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.