Returned Items from Partner

Dune Ravenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

There are few things more disappointing (in SL) that receiving a snotty, unhelpful response from a creator you respect and admire and have spent thousands of lindens with. 

My parcel is not full (I currently have 32 prims available) and none of the other auto-attach drink dispensers I have from the same creator work this way. I'm currently sitting here with a glass of lemonade from the same creator that attached just fine. 

I'm extremely disappointed.

I will definitely make a note about this creator. I don't buy from rude ones.

What sucks more is that I bet it's no mod, like the other items I have bought from this brand, so you can't even rip it apart to see what's going on in there. Have you tried rezzing the thing on another parcel to see if anything different happens? Or rezzing a new copy where you have one now? Sorry if these are obvious and you've already done them, just trying to think of something that might help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I will definitely make a note about this creator. I don't buy from rude ones.

What sucks more is that I bet it's no mod, like the other items I have bought from this brand, so you can't even rip it apart to see what's going on in there. Have you tried rezzing the thing on another parcel to see if anything different happens? Or rezzing a new copy where you have one now? Sorry if these are obvious and you've already done them, just trying to think of something that might help.

*removed by me*

Edited by Beth Macbain
Inappropriate thread for discussing a particular creator.

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Yes, I took it to my other parcel and it worked fine where I have a ton of extra prims. So I picked up a few items and tried again and it worked. I guess a single glass of champagne is something like 40 LI?? I tried to rez the glass to see if I can see how many prims but since it's auto-attach, I can't just rez a glass other than the decor version. No idea why the champagne is so much higher in LI or prims than her other items, including the flaming cocktails and she doesn't seem to be open to answering any other questions that might give those answers. 

That's what my best guess was, that it was a very primmy glass. I just went to her store and got a glass but couldn't really inspect it, and neither the vendors nor the MP ads give any idea of the LI of the items. That's ridiculously high if you can't rez even one glass on a parcel with 32 LI free!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I'm pretty sure the way it works is that the object has to rez in world first then it can attach. You can right-click and wear a rezzed object, but you can't wear directly from a rezzed object.

Ahh, so it all has to do with how a said item gets attached and where from.  In thinking about it, that does make sense.

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Yes, I took it to my other parcel and it worked fine where I have a ton of extra prims. So I picked up a few items and tried again and it worked. I guess a single glass of champagne is something like 40 LI?? I tried to rez the glass to see if I can see how many prims but since it's auto-attach, I can't just rez a glass other than the decor version. No idea why the champagne is so much higher in LI or prims than her other items, including the flaming cocktails and she doesn't seem to be open to answering any other questions that might give those answers. 

If something is going to give an item for you to wear, and it is going to use LI as part of its process, I think that the creator should include that in the description on the MP, and in an info NC with the product.  I know I've bought furnishings before that have rezzed items as part of a scene, and they've included info about how much LI to be sure to have available to use that feature.  I like getting that kind of 'heads up' so I know what to expect when using the product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

If something is going to give an item for you to wear, and it is going to use LI as part of its process, I think that the creator should include that in the description on the MP, and in an info NC with the product.  I know I've bought furnishings before that have rezzed items as part of a scene, and they've included info about how much LI to be sure to have available to use that feature.  I like getting that kind of 'heads up' so I know what to expect when using the product.

In very generic terms, not mentioning any specific creator, I agree, especially when the item in questions has a high land impact and to keep it specific to the Linden Homes forums, we are all watching our prims/LI closely since it's limited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

In very generic terms, not mentioning any specific creator, I agree, especially when the item in questions has a high land impact and to keep it specific to the Linden Homes forums, we are all watching our prims/LI closely since it's limited.

When I hear of people only having a few LI left, it makes me wince.  I get nervous when I only have 40 or 50 left available.   It's tempting to add so much decor to use everything up, especially with the yard or the houseboat decks in addition to the interior. I found decorating in the new LH's much more difficult than in the old homes.  It's wise I think,  to have some available for unexpected needs. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

When I hear of people only having a few LI left, it makes me wince.  I get nervous when I only have 40 or 50 left available.   It's tempting to add so much decor to use everything up, especially with the yard or the houseboat decks in addition to the interior. I found decorating in the new LH's much more difficult than in the old homes.  It's wise I think,  to have some available for unexpected needs. 

I did... I had 32 left. I had to pick up enough stuff to have 42 or something like that left before I could attach... the thing

And yes, decorating on the new homes does seem to be more difficult. Maybe because they're so nice we actually want to live there instead of just having them as extra places? We actually want to make them look nice? My old one just had a few things tossed down and I didn't really care because I had another main house. My houseboat IS my main house now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I did... I had 32 left. I had to pick up enough stuff to have 42 or something like that left before I could attach... the thing

And yes, decorating on the new homes does seem to be more difficult. Maybe because they're so nice we actually want to live there instead of just having them as extra places? We actually want to make them look nice? My old one just had a few things tossed down and I didn't really care because I had another main house. My houseboat IS my main house now.

I was speaking in generalities.  It's some of the comments I've seen in some of the picture threads (like "I still have 5 LI left, so ...")  that make me wince. 

It will be interesting to find out what the cause of the OP's return of items from partner is - whether it is related to some kind of permissions glitch, or related to some type of LI issue.  There's a lot of nuances that I don't think we've had to really worry about it other areas where we've lived that haven't had the concentration of people, vehicles, etc., that exists in the new linden home areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

.  There's a lot of nuances that I don't think we've had to really worry about it other areas where we've lived that haven't had the concentration of people, vehicles, etc., that exists in the new linden home areas.

When I’ve lived in private sailing estates, the covenant required leaving 32 prims available on a parcel to allow passage of water or aircraft. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

When I’ve lived in private sailing estates, the covenant required leaving 32 prims available on a parcel to allow passage of water or aircraft. 

It used to be that a vehicle could not exceed 31 prims + a seated avatar making 32.  It's been a very long time, but I am pretty sure that was  it. If you got a a parcel with only 5 prim unused for example, you simply bounced off the parcel because it was too full.

The limitation has been either raised a whole lot or removed entirely because many boats etc are well over that amount, and as they pass over a parcel they are using a different stash of prims/LI so the remaining LI on the parcel no longer matters

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I agree that decorating these new homes is much more challenging that the older ones.  And yes, it seems that we all want these homes to like nice.  This is why I am finding I have to stick to the smaller homes for now.  Once I get comfy decorating those ones I am going to move on to the bigger ones.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.