Returned Items from Partner

Zero Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone else having an issue where my houseboat I own is set to group so my partners things can also be rezzed and every few days I log on to find it gets all returned to his inventory. Starting to look like I am secretly returning his stuff. This is getting to the point of being infuriating having to constantly redecorate. Happens every few days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Is anyone else having an issue where my houseboat I own is set to group so my partners things can also be rezzed and every few days I log on to find it gets all returned to his inventory. Starting to look like I am secretly returning his stuff. This is getting to the point of being infuriating having to constantly redecorate. Happens every few days.

1) Do you have auto return on?

2) Is your partner rezzing out his items under the designated group?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

No auto return and yes everything rezzed under group otherwise he would not be allowed to rezz as it is group only. It lasts 2 or 3 days and the n poof.

That sounds very strange... i would be interested to see if this is isolated to your plot or if others had that happen too... To be sure though double check to make sure they are rezzed for that group, I seem to remember rezzing things once having a particular group on but somehow they were rezzing out under a different group.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I've been doing all of the rezzing at my alt's houseboat and have not had any problems at all.  I'd double/triple check that you don't have Build enabled for Everyone with a return time of 2-3 days -- yeah, I know, highly unlikely.   I'd put in a Support ticket on the issue.

33 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

That sounds very strange... i would be interested to see if this is isolated to your plot or if others had that happen too... To be sure though double check to make sure they are rezzed for that group, I seem to remember rezzing things once having a particular group on but somehow they were rezzing out under a different group.

Unless 'Build' is set to Everyone, the system won't even let you rez the item on the parcel without the group tag active.  There is a Firestorm option you can set to tell it to always rez objects using the parcel group rather than whatever group you have active.  However, since the parcels are "set" to group rather than "deeded", it only works for the actual parcel owner and not other group members.   My alt, who owns the parcel, can rez with any group tag active and it rezzes with the proper group.  I have to actually have the correct group tag active or the system will not let me rez an item.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

My experience is exactly the same as Lil's, so I will throw out a long shot idea here. Is it possible you have something on your parcel that periodically is rezzing things, somehow pushing you over your prim limit? It seems like that couldn't happen, and that if the limit was reached, the item just wouldn't be able to rez whatever, but I keep thinking about that glitch that happened in SL a while back where mesh items suddenly went way up in LI, and entire regions were flying back into residents' inventories.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I keep thinking about that glitch that happened in SL a while back where mesh items suddenly went way up in LI, and entire regions were flying back into residents' inventories.

Oh gawd my wife had that happen to her in one of the Nautilus sims... Entire sim had HUGE amounts of stuff randomly sent back... The whole sim looked like it was in a post apocalypse

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Oh gawd my wife had that happen to her in one of the Nautilus sims... Entire sim had HUGE amounts of stuff randomly sent back... The whole sim looked like it was in a post apocalypse

If you have a disaster like that on your own region, you can file a ticket and get a roll back

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoffeeDujour said:

If you have a disaster like that on your own region, you can file a ticket and get a roll back

that's exactly what we did... basically every resident on the sim was affected, even many of the linden owned things disappeared too... They fixed that very quick too... probably within a couple hours of filing the ticket it was fixed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My experience is exactly the same as Lil's, so I will throw out a long shot idea here. Is it possible you have something on your parcel that periodically is rezzing things, somehow pushing you over your prim limit? It seems like that couldn't happen, and that if the limit was reached, the item just wouldn't be able to rez whatever, but I keep thinking about that glitch that happened in SL a while back where mesh items suddenly went way up in LI, and entire regions were flying back into residents' inventories.

This gave me an idea. If I have my settings to not allow object entry and a boat sails into my land it poofs when the person stands but I wonder if this pushes the prim limit up and returns his stuff....????

• Like 3

Sit on vechs are usual temporary, the countdown gets to zero and the only continue to exist because an avatar is attached to them. once the avatar stands they vanish.

Oh .. and to add . Object entry applies to objects that are not attached to an avatar, so bullets rather than boats

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Yep, that's exactly what the Lindens were saying to do. I was an estate manager of one place that had the issue, and immediately requested a rollback. They were getting to them right away, so everything got sorted quickly. (Second time in my SL I've had to request one; the first time was all my fault. lol)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

No auto return and yes everything rezzed under group otherwise he would not be allowed to rezz as it is group only. It lasts 2 or 3 days and the n poof.

Are these part of a link set which might be touching the property line?  I think I read someone else had the same problem in another thread and there was a flag pole which needed a nudge from the line and it corrected the problem.  Hope you get it corrected Ziggy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I am thinking that when I come home to my houseboat dock and I only have 10 prims left the boat overloads the prims and sends his stuff back. I hop off the boat and it poofs.

As Coffee mentioned though, avatar attachments should not count towards the land LI.  You could probably test this out fairly easily (though the item return is a pain).   Or is the boat actually rezzed and then you ride it?

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I thought this, too, but I have one of the ********* champagne dispensers and it currently won't let me have a glass of champagne because it tells me the parcel is too full. Even more odd is that the wine, lemonade, martini and beer dispensers work fine. 

It's all those bubbles. *runs*

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Removed brand name per request.
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

it shouldn't be annoying me as much as it is, but... it's totally annoying me. I'm having a cocktail party tonight for the Bellisseria X people and I would love to serve champagne. 

#SLFirstWorldProblems

Hmm I'm getting drunk testing the vermouth set. It doesn't appear to rez anything that would count against LI, but I have no idea how these gadgets work. Maybe the glass rezzes for an instant and I'm not seeing it? *pours another*

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

All the other dispensers I have work fine... like the vermouth. 😜

I sent Lilo a notecard about it. We'll see what she says!

And please update us, as this goes totally go against the way I understood those things to work.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Hmm I'm getting drunk testing the vermouth set. It doesn't appear to rez anything that would count against LI, but I have no idea how these gadgets work. Maybe the glass rezzes for an instant and I'm not seeing it? *pours another*

I'm pretty sure the way it works is that the object has to rez in world first then it can attach. You can right-click and wear a rezzed object, but you can't wear directly from a rezzed object.

Maybe let the bottle breathe a bit so there are not as many bubbles and it will be lower LI?  Though I am not sure of where the bubbles would go while it breathes. Maybe they use the extra LI that vehicles use. Just do't let it sit too long. Flat champagne is nasty.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

All the other dispensers I have work fine... like the vermouth. 😜

I sent **** a notecard about it. We'll see what she says!

In case you don't hear back from her, I suppose you could temporarily pick something up from your parcel to free up more LI. Do you have a vehicle or something else high LI that could be put away for a night without messing up the decorating scheme? 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Removed creator name by request.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.