We want Chouchou Sim in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have received the sad news that Chouchou Sim will disappear from SL in the next month of June.

It is a loss that many of us are greatly regretting.

Many in the SL community think and honestly believe that this place, Chouchou, Memento Mori, Islamey ... should stay in SL!

It is part of the history of SL, it is a beautiful example of the art that some people have created in our virtual world and it is a beautiful symbol for many of us.

I sincerely believe it would be a big mistake to let that place disappear from SL

https://flic.kr/p/SaoudH

This is just a small example of a part of SL that wants to support that place and that deeply regret the idea of Chouchou disappearing from SL

Edited by Kira Balestra
  • Like 15

Chouchou  is in Second Life since 2007! Thats a big thing! 

I'm in Second Life almost 13 years and not many places impressed me as much as Memento Mori did. It's about build, about mood, about music, about idea, about art. 
As you probably heard - next month Chou Chou Sim might disappear from SL. 
I hope that wont happen. And I send my appeal to LL to keep and protect this art sim as part of our "virtual history". 

How much Chouchou means to SL community, you can see by the photos on Flickr ❤️ 

We Can't Loose Utopia, Chouchou Sim Forever

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Chouchou is not a simple beautiful place, it is a symbol in our community for recent people and for people who have been in SL for many years, Chouchou is pure art! Art should not disappear, that's always a sad mistake :( 

#WeCan'tLoseUtopia, #ChouchouSimForever, 

Edited by Kira Balestra
  • Like 11

Chouchou was one of the first places I visited in SecondLife. What struck me was the mood. The soothing music, the lighting, the interactive HUD you were given to make it a more immersive experience. I loved the hidden areas up the ladder.  When I first visited there were three.

When I lost my RL father, it was the first place I went the day I logged in from returning from his funeral. I had also lost my SL daughter not many days before. I found some quiet there. The music calmed me. I'm certain that many go there for those reasons. It is a place for solitude, a place for peace and Memento Mori is a spiritual solace in itself. It's become a place to be sad, to grieve, to heal and to share photos of those feeling with others. Kira Balestra is right, it is a symbol of our community. It should be saved just like a heritage building in any City in the RL world. 

#WeCan'tLoseUtopia, #ChouchouSimForever, 

Edited by Mirabelle Sweetwater
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

ChouChou isn't just a SIM.
A building in ChouChou is not Just a building. 
It is a great work of art.
It is the  "virtual historical heritage"
ChouChou continued giving much inspiration to the resident who loved art. and
Chouchou gave quiet peace and music for the person who seeks healing
It is a big loss of Second Life to demolish it.

47088551914_337d5bf5ce_o.jpg

Edited by rikutojam
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

LL always said that the most important thing about SL was the creativity of the people who are part of this community, if that really is true, this would be the best example of it, if they really love the creativity of the people who live in SL, they They should also do something symbolic with Chouchou.

I met in SL who was my husband in RL for 7 years. he and I went together to Chouchou on several occasions before being together in RL, I knew that place thanks to him, he died two years ago and that place keeps reminding me of beautiful things, painful but beautiful memories, that place without any doubt has something special and magical and we should not let that be lost.

There are some people who think that people are not going to visit Chouchou anymore, that's not true, the sim will not be full, but whenever I've gone, there's always someone there, and that does not happen in many SL sims.

There are many beautiful Sims in SL, made with love, but few are as special as Chouchou Sim, Chouchou is not only a beautiful place, it is pure art and magic.

We simply can not see how that disappears as if it were nothing, that place must remain with us as a beautiful symbol of creativity and sensitivity in Second life ♥

*and yes, I know my English is not good, but at least I make the effort to try ;) 

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

Hello, I've been in SL since 2009 Chouchou was one of the very first sims that made me fall in love with this platform. I've been going there on and off for 10 years now. I have horrible anxiety and depression and I've always been able to go there and put on the music and be calm. I (along with so many of my friends) would be absolutely devastated to lose Chouchou. So if there's a petition going around or something we can do to keep it sign me up. Please save Chouchou.chouchou2019_001.thumb.png.6e80ac98d2e891224738987d1f71f86e.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Chouchou is a great piece of Art, visual & sound. The most beautiful build i have seen on Second life and who deserve to take part of our SL collective memory.

I don't want to lose this so peaceful place.

I can't believe it will happen. Do you realize the sacral beauty of this place ?

I can't imagine Second Life without Chouchou & Memento Mori. I have no word to explain how i feel so sad and orphan if happens.

When all is dark, and we know how our rl world is so so dark, Chouchou have a so special healing and inspirational light. 

Spend a few hours in this place brings goodness, comfort and calmness. It would really be a huge loss for many of us.

Sorry for my poor english, but it’s my heart and my pain that speak

Memento Mori - January 2015.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Chouchou is not only a wonderful place! More than that it's an example of our creativity, an art exhibition, a source of inspiration. When i popped in sl for the first time, i discovered their music, the sim they built with their soul. I felt in love with Second Life because they inspired me. I bought their music and it's still on my iphone since years now. To me they improved sl, bringing in their touch. If there's a place which gives us the ability to express ourselves through art it's second life. I really wish from the bottom of my heart Linden Lab will do something to preserve this place, to keep up living and still inspire all the community like it did through time until now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Chouchou was one of my first sim I've been to when I started SL. It was always a place to hide from the worls and relax for me. I can not imagine to be without this sim in SL. Please LL keep this wonderful sim. We do need ART! Best, Phae

Edited by Phaenomene
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Taking away Chouchou would be like taking away the Golden Gate Bridge, The Smithson, Big Ben, The Eiffel Tower, The Taj Mahal, The Great Wall of China......These are places and Landmarks the divine or world and history.  Taking ChouChou is taking away an important part of SL's history and one of the greatest Landmarks it has.  PLEASE, do not let this happen!  This is the world YOU created for us, and this is something YOU can prevent from happening.   Its not only an historic part of SecondLife, but a peaceful and beautiful place to go when life in this real world gets ugly and twisted....a place to just sit and let all of it melt away.  Please do not take it away!     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I hope Linden Labs will designate Chouchou an SL Landmark and preserve it for as long as Second Life exists. We have lost so many wonderful builds here ... some remain only as Windlight settings. Let's act now to preserve our Second Life heritage.  Chouchou has been an inspiration to me and to many others.

954208262_AsIce_edited-1.thumb.png.dd42eee3dca789ae7f385a392558912b.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would love for Linden Lab to decide to keep ChouChou, its been my go to sim for many years, ever since I am in Secondlife, I am going there now to take pictures of the many people enjoying the sim, it is a work of art and a landmark I hope Secondlife will not loose ❤️ 

recent pictures of visitors: 

ChouChou - Visitors -  Isabella & Dan He whispers: "I love you".

ChouChou - Visitors

some of my pictures of the years  

Many underestimated you. Most of them are dead now.

I wish you love

Copperheart

If the heavens ever did speak...

Glitter for Sneak Peak!

12380695663_4b6628398b_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have loved this sim forever. I would also call on LL to please preserve our history in a way that such amazing places and our history are not lost. Maybe there is a way to have it voted into continuity by the SL community at large. Please allow us to keep it going...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also try to add your photos to my special "Expo" for Chouchou Sim, although I can not collect all of them, due to the technical problems in Flickr and that some users have their Flickr configured in a way that does not allow adding the photos, if any of your photos is not yet added to my expo, please do not hesitate to tell me with a Flickrmail

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kira_balestra/galleries/72157680448170878/

Definitely the most important thing is to get those photos in the Second life official group, as the friend Rikutojam says, please add your photos in Chouchou SIm, to the Second life official group!

https://www.flickr.com/groups/secondlifeofficial/pool/

Edited by Kira Balestra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

That looks like a very nice place indeed, any of you considered donating to the owner to keep it online?

Thank you for your precious opinion.
I apologize with lack of my explanation.
The close down is not only an economic reason.
Anyway, the owner decided close down.
we talking abut After an owner parted with land.
We wish ChouChou the save by Linden As some SIM was saved by Linden, 
I know that it was reopened by Liden which some SIM closed more.
I wish a thing same as it is applied to chouchou.

However, we decided it at the time of first discussion.
we want to convey our feelings to ChouChou.
Our heart will not clouded even if it isn't realized.:D

And this activity is free participation.
The person who does not know ChouChou.
 It is natural that a person without memorable emotions for ChouChou thinks oddly. 
 we want to entrust forum with a feeling.
please forgive for my expression to be strange. because english is not a native language as me.

Edited by rikutojam
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.