how to get... long finger nails for Mara avi...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You will most likely want nails that attach to your Matreiya Lara (is that the body you mean?) body's bento hands as opposed to applier nails. SlackGirl used to have some free ones available as gifts if you want to try some out without spending anything.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sagadin said:

You will most likely want nails that attach to your Matreiya Lara (is that the body you mean?) body's bento hands as opposed to applier nails. SlackGirl used to have some free ones available as gifts if you want to try some out without spending anything.

Thank you for the comment abut bento hands because I was not sure about that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Thank you for the comment abut bento hands because I was not sure about that.

You are welcome! And if you wear bento nails you also need to hide the built in nails on the maitreya hands -- there is a spot to click somewhere on the body HUD to hide the nails.

2 hours ago, Sagadin said:

You are welcome! And if you wear bento nails you also need to hide the built in nails on the maitreya hands -- there is a spot to click somewhere on the body HUD to hide the nails.

I'm dealing with the nails now...  Can you tell me if I still need to worry about hiding the 'build in maitreya nails' if I am using 'bento hands?  Also...  Am I just missing it?  Or is there a way to make bento nails extra long which is what I want from somewhere on the hud?  Or do i have to buy extra long nails?  I'm just wondering before I start buying nails.  thanks

Hiding the nails is simple, and yes, you should do it. In the last tab of your Maitreya HUD is a small box towards the right side (under foot positions, I think) with pictures of different nails. The one with a slash line through it is to hide the nails. The others are for different lengths and shapes. 

You can get kind of long nails just with what's built into the Maitreya bento hands, but for really long ones like in the picture, you need to buy add-on nails. I have some from Astralia, but as others mentioned, there are many options. Just make sure the ones you choose work with Maitreya hands. 

6 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I'm dealing with the nails now...  Can you tell me if I still need to worry about hiding the 'build in maitreya nails' if I am using 'bento hands?  Also...  Am I just missing it?  Or is there a way to make bento nails extra long which is what I want from somewhere on the hud?  Or do i have to buy extra long nails?  I'm just wondering before I start buying nails.  thanks

Bento just refers to the bunch of extra bones in newer avatars that move in more complex ways. By default the Maitreya body comes with bento hands which you attach to the ends of your arms (you could also use the older non-bento hands too). Normally the nails built into the hands are displayed unless you turn them off and they have three different size options. Bento nails are basically little objects that get attached to each finger and they are usually sold in one length as a set though there may be designers who sell different size nails together. I'd go to some nail shops and demo some nails to see what sizes, shapes, colors, patterns, extra bits like rings, etc you like.  For Matreiya hands you need nails rigged to fit right otherwise your nails will be floating around away from your fingers or embedded in the tips. Since those nails are stuck on the ends of your fingers that's why you need to hide the original ones. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.