TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Big hugs congrats! You'll never look back :)

Thank you. That's what I always thought with all the others, though I kept going back to my Belleza, though I genuinely believe this time that will be the case. :)

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I cannot wait :D

Likely tomorrow. I don't move at the speed of SL (Prolly why I'm always single LOL) - so a quickie unpacking and organizing, then in the morning the real fun begins.

• Like 1

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Likely tomorrow. I don't move at the speed of SL (Prolly why I'm always single LOL) - so a quickie unpacking and organizing, then in the morning the real fun begins.

It took me a few days until I actually made a blog post or took pictures showing off the new body.

6 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Touche!!! But free in what way, is it group gift free? Where you have to pay a few hundred linden to even have access to it, or actually free and it costs jack diddly?

Sorry! Didn't see this at the time.

No, Amara Beauty body appliers have always been free and they're available at her inworld store in fatpacks.

PUMEC generally includes their body applier in the same pack as the skin you purchase and they now have Legacy body appliers at their inworld store as well.

Neither require you to be a group member to have them.

• Like 1

Pleasant surprises are always very nice! I've been updating my outfits with the deformers (adding them to folders so when I use CTS Wardrobe it all comes together) and I have to say the means by which those body creates Auto-Alpha is the best and easiest (and most efficient) way I've ever experienced. What a fantastic system. And so far, every old outfit I have (designed for Maitreya and Belleza) have been a perfect fit with the deformers (and almost never have to use the auto-alpha).

I am becoming even more impressed as I discover what others have already and I can see why those who did purchase this body are seriously raving about it. Price-to-quality ratio: definitely worth the asking price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Pleasant surprises are always very nice! I've been updating my outfits with the deformers (adding them to folders so when I use CTS Wardrobe it all comes together) and I have to say the means by which those body creates Auto-Alpha is the best and easiest (and most efficient) way I've ever experienced. What a fantastic system. And so far, every old outfit I have (designed for Maitreya and Belleza) have been a perfect fit with the deformers (and almost never have to use the auto-alpha).

I am becoming even more impressed as I discover what others have already and I can see why those who did purchase this body are seriously raving about it. Price-to-quality ratio: definitely worth the asking price.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That is one of the main reasons I had to keep Maitreya, all the Maitreya only apparel I have. That they keep their style HUD is still a big negative factor. It will probably be better as more BoM stuff is made, a way to circumvent that blasted HUD.

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That is one of the main reasons I had to keep Maitreya, all the Maitreya only apparel I have. That they keep their style HUD is still a big negative factor. It will probably be better as more BoM stuff is made, a way to circumvent that blasted HUD.

Not sure I understand what you mean, Marianne?

You can still wear your Maitreya-only clothes on the Legacy body - you just 'add' whichever (or more) of the three Legacy deformers you need, depending on what clothes you're wearing.

Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Not sure I understand what you mean, Marianne?

You can still wear your Maitreya-only clothes on the Legacy body - you just 'add' whichever (or more) of the three Legacy deformers you need, depending on what clothes you're wearing.

Oh yes, we are talking about 2 different HUDs. The deformer sound promising.

But I understand that they have kept their style hud, where you inject makeup and other applier stuff? That style HUD was filled up when I used the old TMP, and I have problems looking at the icons (too small). Besides, I could not see the difference between fresh, faded, colored tattoos. Same with a lot of things. Small, confusing images. And spending time to find what I need in that style HUD. It was slow to load and I could not use it in busy places. Have they still a style HUD?

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But I understand that they have kept their style hud, where you inject makeup and other applier stuff? That style HUD was filled up when I used the old TMP, and I have problems looking at the icons (too small). Besides, I could not see the difference between fresh, faded, colored tattoos. Same with a lot of things. Small, confusing images. And spending time to find what I need in that style HUD. It was slow to load and I could not use it in busy places. Have they still a style HUD?

Ohh I see - not sure, since I'd never tried it/probably wasn't around then, but I've taken 3 snap shots of the HUD tabs - do they look the same?:

https://gyazo.com/807b2121c1a314de8e407f068ba63c07

https://gyazo.com/9327f35d33f0d02036c0d7195016c0bc

https://gyazo.com/cf923004011154976031b308af144900

9 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Ohh I see - not sure, since I'd never tried it/probably wasn't around then, but I've taken 3 snap shots of the HUD tabs - do they look the same?:

https://gyazo.com/807b2121c1a314de8e407f068ba63c07

https://gyazo.com/9327f35d33f0d02036c0d7195016c0bc

https://gyazo.com/cf923004011154976031b308af144900

Back in the old days, when I bought something that should be applied, I had to wear the Style HUD and the object with the textures that should be applied. The textures was then "injected" in the style HUD. The only way to apply something was to find a small icon on the style HUD, let us say an eyebrow icon, open it and go through small images, 6 on each page, until you found the brows you were looking for.

This was not so annoying for brows, but for eyemakeup and lipstick? It soon became page upon page.

Same with clothes appliers. A latex suit, a bikini, and it was split up in parts, the shirt/undershirt was under that icon, the lower body under another icon.

It was a mess.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The deformers are attachments - so you just add them to your outfit folder, though it does take a few seconds to "activate", once it does the effect is amazing. There is still the style HUD, but I've used it only once: to select my skin. Other than the only real use is to set your foot height. But I don't even do that, I keep my feet at flat, then just auto-hide my feet when wearing heeled boots, etc. Only ever need to change them if wearing open-toes or something. I've always done that on all my bodies because too lazy to keep changing foot height and perpetual tippie-toe looks really stupid to me.

And once BOM becomes more saturated across the grid and such, it will practically eliminate the need for that HUD, except when when you actually need it. As for makeups and things, that should be your head HUD, unless you also use a TMP head?

Edited by Alyona Su

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The deformers are attachments - so you just add them to your outfit folder, though it does take a few seconds to "activate", once it does the effect is amazing. There is still the style HUD, but I've used it only once: to select my skin. Other than the only real use is to set your foot height. But I don't even do that, I keep my feet at flat, then just auto-hide my feet when wearing heeled boots, etc. Only ever need to change them if wearing open-toes or something. I've always done that on all my bodies because too lazy to keep changing foot height and perpetual tippie-toe looks really stupid to me.

And once BOM becomes more saturated across the grid and such, it will practically eliminate the need for that HUD, except when when you actually need it. As for makeups and things, that should be your head HUD, unless you also use a TMP head?

Yes, I remembered that I was fully equipped in TMP from top to toe. It is not so bad for the body, then. When I don't use a head from TMP.

My fault that I included my rants about the Style hud in a discussion about the body only. The terrible Style hud, I could not get rid of TMP fast enough when other pretty things came out. Even if I liked the look of the body itself.

I see that BoM tattoos and such is starting to come. The policy of not using appliers, like all other mesh body and head creators did, is something they should have let go now. Soon the style HUD is just a faded memory.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I see that BoM tattoos and such is starting to come. The policy of not using appliers, like all other mesh body and head creators did, is something they should have let go now. Soon the style HUD is just a faded memory.

I concur. As for the BOM aspect, tattoos and the rest are all moot until you can find a good system skin that you like because until then, you have to go with an applied sking, which covers up any system layer stuff. :)

Also, as of right now the option is to "Apply BOM" - so it is *still* using the skin layer of the four onion layers of the body. Though you only need to click that button once and then detach the HUD entirely - the BOM will continue going as expected. One option that I'm not sure I understand its use is the ability to hone the bottom (skin) layer, which basically hides the entire body (skin layer)  and if you hide all four layers then the body is invisible. Surely someone may find a useful reason to do this, but it's a mystery to me why anyone would want to do that. 

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

I'd have to imagine that they're working on a version without onion layers/appliers. At least I hope they are, unless they want to fade into obscurity very quickly.

Once that happens I'll actually put my money where my mouth is and buy it.

I don't think creators will get rid of onion layers all together, there are still gonna be people who want to use appliers. You can't get rid of appliers and expect people to be happy. People will still want choice.

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

I don't think creators will get rid of onion layers all together, there are still gonna be people who want to use appliers. You can't get rid of appliers and expect people to be happy. People will still want choice.

It'd be simple enough to have the layers as a separate attachment. Or just have two versions of the body, one with and one without. But both options need to be there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

It'd be simple enough to have the layers as a separate attachment. Or just have two versions of the body, one with and one without. But both options need to be there.

I think SLink is the only one that doesn't give you an option with their new Redux update. Which tells me, that they are not gonna do well.

10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think SLink is the only one that doesn't give you an option with their new Redux update. Which tells me, that they are not gonna do well.

My alt is using the Redux, but I honestly doubt I will do it. It is too bare bones. Maybe Redux will do better when it's more BoM, the downside is that people may have moved away from it/found bodies they like better.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

My alt is using the Redux, but I honestly doubt I will do it. It is too bare bones. Maybe Redux will do better when it's more BoM, the downside is that people may have moved away from it/found bodies they like better.

Speaking of other Bodies, the last body I want to get is the Signature Alice. As it has both the old non BOM one, and the no layer BOM one.

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I'd have to imagine that they're working on a version without onion layers/appliers. At least I hope they are, unless they want to fade into obscurity very quickly.

Once that happens I'll actually put my money where my mouth is and buy it.

I will not buy a body that has a full set of layers, and a zero layers one. I want a body with 1 layer. The body also need a toefix and a crotchfix. Wearing stockings that wrap around every toe can work for some cases, but not on sheer stockings and pantyhoses.

713dojU8j-L._AC_UX679_.jpg.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.