Stop full bright large object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Other than asking them, and maybe sending them a screenshot of what their items look like at the midnight time setting (because they may always use a daylight setting and not realise how ugly they look at night) then there's nothing you can do to "stop them" from having the items rezzed out.

However, if you're using the Firestorm viewer, you can derender the items so that you no longer need to see them.

You could try an appeal to vanity. You could tell them that advanced lighting makes them look so much better and actually improves performance. They might then have the vanity to try it and then they will see how ugly their full bright boat looks and then they might ask how to change it.

35 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Other than asking them, and maybe sending them a screenshot of what their items look like at the midnight time setting (because they may always use a daylight setting and not realise how ugly they look at night) then there's nothing you can do to "stop them" from having the items rezzed out.

However, if you're using the Firestorm viewer, you can derender the items so that you no longer need to see them.

I did your 2 steps. Step 1 got simply ignored. Step 2, the problem is yacht so large, it become invisible moving object to block me sailing.

3 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Step 1 got simply ignored.

Presumably you'd already done this before I suggested it? Because otherwise less than one hour isn't really enough time for someone to see your message. (Not everyone is present at the keyboard, even if their avatar is inworld.)

4 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Step 2, the problem is yacht so large, it become invisible moving object to block me sailing.

If the yacht is so large that it's encroaching onto your property then you can simply return it. Keep on doing this - over and over, if necessary - until the neighbours get the hint.

If, however, it's not over your property then you must be sailing through their property, in which case are you sure it's the yacht that's causing the issue and not something else, such as No Object Entry settings on their land? (Also, we're then getting into the whole "who has right of way/right of privacy" thing, which is already being thrashed out elsewhere on this forum, for the enth time.)

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

You could try an appeal to vanity. You could tell them that advanced lighting makes them look so much better and actually improves performance. They might then have the vanity to try it and then they will see how ugly their full bright boat looks and then they might ask how to change it.

Hmmm ... for the average user I expect that they come to the conclusion that AL is bad and switch it off. They made something ugly? nah never. It has to be someoen elses fault. 😎

3 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

How to convince other stop to use or make large full bright object? Such as yacht and house, they are mostly permanently rezzed in world. 

Derender is your friend ! Right click offending object, More>More > Derender > Blacklist. Your welcome :D

Edited by rasterscan

Don't know the if it's still the case and may be graphics dependant but many years ago when I first started out in SL I had a system that could only manage graphics on minimum and I rezzed something fiddled around with full bright and glow to see what it did and wasn't seeing anything happen to the thing I rezzed so I left the full bright and glow maxed out and a friend had to tell me how bad the object looked and did I mean to make it look like that. So could still be possible there are people that can't see the effects of full bright/glow 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.