Singing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sing in 4 SL venues each week, an hour-long set of traditional and modern ballads which usually works out around 13-15 songs which I accompany on one of my two guitars.

Am I any good? The miserable state of the tip jar some weeks would argue not but other weeks are a real confidence boost . I've never been asked to leave a pub music circle or booed off the stage in RL and I've been performing live for 30 years so "good enough" is probably honest :)

For the second question the answer is a definite YES. There are plenty of awesome vocalists streaming to the grid. Too many to count and some of them I just listen and am awe of their control and musicality. I'm not naming names because I'm certain there are many many more than I could list - If you go looking for 'em you'll likely find somebody I've never heard.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I can touch-tone dial phone numbers with my singing.

Wow. You must be really good!

I'm not good at singing. I do enjoy hearing people sing in Second Life. Looking at an avatar on a stage as they sang and seeing the crowd of other people just listening was one of the first things that really showed me the possibilities of a virtual world. I don't think I can name any good SL singers though. Except for Maddy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.