Can't use my Nvidia graphics card on Firestorm

Orionof

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Computer has a Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I use the Firestorm Viewer. SL was running fine until firestorn informed me that it was no longer using my nice Nvidia graphics card, and that it is using my internal Intel Graphics card instead. Now there is too much lag for my avatar to even walk sometimes.

How do I tell firestorm to actually use the better graphics card?

12 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Orionof said:

My Computer has a Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I use the Firestorm Viewer. SL was running fine until firestorn informed me that it was no longer using my nice Nvidia graphics card, and that it is using my internal Intel Graphics card instead. Now there is too much lag for my avatar to even walk sometimes.

Right click the desktop.  choose Nvidia control panel.  When that opens go to programme settings.   Select a programme drop down.  choose firestorm.  ADD .. done

d94741c3be91551e61b3278f5bddf668.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

often right click the shortcut to launch the viewer, and pick the right line in the menu that appears ,leads you directly to the choice of GC, or as second choice to check the setting like Cindy shows.

The message you get comes up at mine sometimes too, mostly when i click SLURLS from websites when i'm not logged in yet or after updates in windows.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

25 minutes ago, chalox said:

this was no help what is the pic for  there is guide on what you check or uncheck it is just a pic with no info 

Read my text above the picture.  

On 2/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Right click the desktop.  choose Nvidia control panel.  When that opens go to programme settings.   Select a programme drop down.  choose firestorm.  ADD .. done

17 hours ago, chalox said:

here something to upgrade your info on https://gyazo.com/544c51b0aa5cd9053f74fcbb0933327c Your info is out of date stop using it 

You are free to do whatever you want. 

Those of us that have been tweaking SL Viewers for performance for years understand Microsoft and NVIDIA do not include custom settings in their systems for SL. If you want optimal performance in SL, or any game, you will use the NVIDIA provided controls and build a custom settings set for your game. It is obvious NVIDIA knows this and so provided the customization options as game specific sets. Microsoft makes the generic simple to use settings for the.... computer novice.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, Orionof said:

It does it when your battery is low...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.