Close up portraits

jeaneos7

I have been working on the first issue of my new SL Magazine called TAUNT - This is one of the covers ( We have multiple planned ) I wanted to share this picture here first because I know we all love close ups! 

It will be a real magazine you can read in SL - And have posters to hang on your walls of the pictures within the magazine, coupons for deals in world etc.

And also an online magazine - 

TAUNT MAGAZINE (@taunt.sl) • Instagram photos and videos

TAUNTSMALL.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Skylar Woodford said:

A picture I recently finished for a client ❤️ 

I have some slots open if anyone here would like to commission a portrait. 

Pole8-2.jpg

Love this!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skylar Woodford said:

Thank you!! If you would like a picture done ~ Please message me xo

Thanks!!! i do my own though. But I'm sure some people will contact you.

Careful with the advertising here. Put it at the bottom where it's allowed. I don't mind personally, but some here might get a bit uptight about it.

I'm working on an alt's new profile pic. What do you like? 

I read that Firestorm only display 1:1 format now... It means I have to do it over. 🤔

It is too close for me if I crop it to 1:1 now....

Edit to add: I can't stop looking at the hair part that looks like it cut in his cheekbone. It does not, it is the hair that's cut straight over. But I can't stop looking at it and think that it is clipping in his cheekbone.

aa_005edBW1024.png

aa_005ed1024.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 11

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm working on an alt's new profile pic. What do you like? 

I read that Firestorm only display 1:1 format now... It means I have to do it over. 🤔

It is too close for me if I crop it to 1:1 now....

Edit to add: I can't stop looking at the hair part that looks like it cut in his cheekbone. It does not, it is the hair that's cut straight over. But I can't stop looking at it and think that it is clipping in his cheekbone.

aa_005edBW1024.png

aa_005ed1024.png

I see what you mean. I took a min to add add a few strands to reduce the cut look, and also show it as 1:1 in both.  What looks better to you, the strands (very roughly and quickly) altered, or the squashed image (which is what it will exactly look like if it's uncropped)?  If you don't like either, why not take a few mins to get another pic? 

Marianne Little's pic 1 to 1.png

Marianne Little's pic 2.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I see what you mean. I took a min to add add a few strands to reduce the cut look, and also show it as 1:1 in both.  What looks better to you, the strands (very roughly and quickly) altered, or the squashed image (which is what it will exactly look like if it's uncropped)?  If you don't like either, why not take a few mins to get another pic? 

Marianne Little's pic 1 to 1.png

Marianne Little's pic 2.png

I like the strands a lot! Can I use the pic?

I took another pic because I thought the first will be too close now.

I am not 100% sure about the new one. I like the very close cropped one. It is more interesting?

aa_002square1024.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not 100% sure about the new one. I like the very close cropped one. It is more interesting?

aa_002square1024.png

Speaking just as an interested bystander, I find the close-cropped one more dramatic, striking, but enjoy this recent one for the increased detail of all your facial mods and jewelry it shows.  Realistically, once your final image is reduced to profile pic size, won't the first, closer, one retain more impact?  Pondering the question while I reach for coffee..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

aa_002square1024.png

You absolutely CAN use my pic!!! I'm flattered that you like what I did!!! I just threw it together in ten mins, not thinking you would want it.

Your second pic is nice too, but the angle isn't as dramatic.  If you want, I can take one for you. Just message me here or inworld.