Where Can I Find The Lindens?

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just curious...

I'm interested to know what is going on in SL, with them involved.  ...Do they attend meetings or something, where they discuss things, and the public are allowed to go and observe?  Or is it much more of a secret "behind the scenes" type thing?

I have seen them at shows sometimes, which has been really neat.  And I totally understand they are just like us, who want to sometimes just relax and have fun.  I have also seen them kindly doing behind-the-scenes stuff to land, and didn't bother them.  But I'm more curious to see them in a "business" or "professional" like environment (where there might be a Q&A or anything of the such?).  And am curious which Lindens I might run into at those types of things.

...I don't have a bunch of questions or anything that I need to bombard them with.  I'm just curious, and it's more like an "I really like this place, I'd like to learn from them" kind of thing... Because you tend to emulate role models of things you have a lot of passion & respect for.  That's all.

Thanks! 😁

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

Just curious...

I'm interested to know what is going on in SL, with them involved.  ...Do they attend meetings or something, where they discuss things, and the public are allowed to go and observe?  Or is it much more of a secret "behind the scenes" type thing?

I have seen them at shows sometimes, which has been really neat.  And I totally understand they are just like us, who want to sometimes just relax and have fun.  I have also seen them kindly doing behind-the-scenes stuff to land, and didn't bother them.  But I'm more curious to see them in a "business" or "professional" like environment (where there might be a Q&A or anything of the such?).  And am curious which Lindens I might run into at those types of things.

...I don't have a bunch of questions or anything that I need to bombard them with.  I'm just curious, and it's more like an "I really like this place, I'd like to learn from them" kind of thing... Because you tend to emulate role models of things you have a lot of passion & respect for.  That's all.

Thanks! 😁

If you follow the blogs there are announcements there https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

Most recent meeting was this 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

There was a period in SL history when Lindens were strongly advised not to spend any time in world. The opposite is true today, so you're much more likely to see them at public functions. Those are the best times to ask questions and share ideas.  Usually, however, Lindens and Moles (independent contractors working on LL projects) are being paid to fix something or create something when you bump into them in world, so don't be too surprised if they can't take time to be chatty. Also, don't be offended if they reject a friend request. Lindens I have met are friendly and polite, but they are in world on company time to get a job done.  

• Like 2

Besides the occasional Town Hall meetings, there are User Group meetings.  Here's a list of them: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

Some Lindens used to hold Office Hours in world, but I can't find any current information on that, so perhaps the User Groups are performing that function now.

• Like 3

Our current crop of Lindens spends more time in-world than we can know. They all have an official avatar with the last name Linden. Many if not most have an Alt. If they are on recreationally or experimenting or... whatever they may use the Alt. So, we wouldn't recognize them.

The User Groups are often inconvenient to attend unless you live in the PST zone. Inara Pey (blog) and I (link below) blog about SL. Both of us cover a technical side of SL. Inara has remained interested in Sansar. I've lost a lot of interest because they haven't yet started to support VR devices other than Oculus and their controllers. Both blogs go back years covering SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.