AERIAL VIEW OF YOUR LAND/PROPERTY (why did you choose this lay-out?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey All, while taking an 'aerial picture' of my plot today, it made me think about the reason why people choose for a certain lay-out, is it just a choice made straight from the brain or was it planned weeks or even months before. Some people choose for a small 512sqm plot others go XXL!

Could you post an 'Aerial picture' of your plot and describe short the main lay-out? :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

This is mine;

• photostudio and gallery (left)
  • my home (right)
  • dock for boating and seaplanes (middle)

I love the sea, beach and tropical islands....and modern housing (glass, concrete, steel)

WILDCATAERIALPIC.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm ...How to describe it....Random!!! Whistle.gif

Derelict Mansion, Docks, Lighthouse, Castle, Cave, Sci-Fi area with giant Bender Robot, Opium Den, Farm, Games, Pond, Pixie meadow which has all sorts of bizarre stuff in it, including a giant Gullivar pinned to the ground lol24.gif

Scallywag.jpg

Great thread idea, Cat! :smileyhappy: Here is my 4480 sqm plot at Cozy Isles. The owners of this sim have such a perfect taste for tropical landscaping I did not have to do much more than rezzing my house, my dogs and a little beach cabin to completely feel at home!

JASMINE.jpg

Hi Wildcat!  Great thread.  My picture is not aerial, but I will post another one when I get home.  On the ground is resident parcels, all around the perimeter of the Island.  In the center, is the Landing Pad, and rez area.  Also the Land office is in the center.  At about 1200 Meters up is the shipyard where ships are born!  At about 3000 meters up is the main station Valhalla, used for War games and fellowship!  Like I said I will post an Aerial Picture when I get home from work!

lagrange.jpg

Peace!

My primary home is on Baker (mainland).  It is a modest 3584sqm and sits on the SE edge of the sim where two rivers meet.  Most of the rest of the sim is commercial.  My neighbor to the north (the modern dwelling) is usually never home and has owned his property since 2006.

Baker home_001.jpg

I have another home on Zindra that I just finished decorating but I do not know how long I will hang on to that property.  It is another simple home that I rezzed facing a bridge.

Zindra home.jpg

I also have a Linden home but I use that primarily as an escape zone when sim restarts are happening.

I'm cheating because this isn't a plot per se, but it is an aerial view of our home up in the sky! :smileyhappy:

It's a dome with an Asian-themed pavilion inside, and it has pretty views and even a little beach area. The plot that is way below it is not all that interesting, mostly commercial stuff but there is a very nice large body of water for boating.

Pavillion2_001.jpg

PussycatsLandFromAbove.jpg

The lot was originally only 2/3rds as wide as it is now (top-bottom), but always this long (side to side). Road to south, my 'meditation building' to north. Shop at top. Top right corner has a gazebo and a giant mushroom. A sign along the road there gives a LM to another of my lots.

I 'live' in the sky. This layout was chosen due to the size and dimensions of the land cut. Its also wider than it looks - that's I think a 3200m lot or so.

Venus Petrov wrote:

My primary home is on Baker (mainland).  It is a modest 3584sqm and sits on the SE edge of the sim where two rivers meet.  Most of the rest of the sim is commercial.  My neighbor to the north (the modern dwelling) is usually never home and has owned his property since 2006.

Baker home_001.jpg

I have another home on Zindra that I just finished decorating but I do not know how long I will hang on to that property.  It is another simple home that I rezzed facing a bridge.

Zindra home.jpg

I also have a Linden home but I use that primarily as an escape zone when sim restarts are happening.

Hi Venus!  I have a Linden Home too.  I call it my dog house.  I run to it when I get into trouble.  LOL!

Peace!

So, this is the majestic ariel view of my property. No, no.. not all of them.. see the arrow?.. Yep, that's mine! I did not actually choose the place, Linden just kinda slap-dumped me in that location but since it is right at the edge of a protected land, I was lucky enough to have an open view... I'm soooo proud of my Linden home.. :smileyhappy:

Linden Home_002.jpg

sky-garden_001.jpg

I have small mainland plot, so I built a garden on a sky platform. I've had houses up there from time to time, but I never really used them, so now it's just the garden. The layout speaks for itself really; I tried to get as much in as I could without crowding, with some water for movement and the variety of patio, grass and trees. It doesn't show on this picture, but the 'land' slopes up by a few metres from the water to the top-right corner. The sculptie grasses look more natural from a normal perspective, and at night the smaller tree is haunted by clouds of fireflies. The whole thing is about 30m x 40m, and 100m or so below I have another flat platform which serves as a workspace.

What a great place Hippie!!!! You must have done a lot of planning to achieve this result. I have visited the shipyard or space station in the past, but you weren't home :smileysad: ..... but was truly amazed about your place though :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

We just doubled our space. Nevermore is shared among seven girls, and our homes are in the sky.

A week ago it was like in this miniature. The island was used as a common place for us, to socialize.

Nevermore antiga.jpg

The new areas are

Nevermore atual.jpg

* Abrico Beach - Praia de Abricó is a naturist beach in Rio de Janeiro State, and Moni made the group Abrico in 2006. Now the beach was moved to this place, for group meeting.

* “dark forest” – Lou is still building it, I don’t know what she is doing there :smileyhappy:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

What a great place Hippie!!!! You must have done a lot of planning to achieve this result. I have visited the shipyard or space station in the past, but you weren't home :smileysad: ..... but was truly amazed about your place though :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

Thank you Wildcat!  It was truly a group effort, and a work in progress.  Come visit anytime.  You are always welcome!  I will post a aerial view when I get home!  Woot!

Peace!

I remember I visited your place during the 'forumcartel home tours' but didn't found the teleporter at first (guess I had too much baileys that day :smileysad:) but finally got there and explored your amazing place, it is really worth visiting :smileywink: *meows*

Was rushing out of the house when I posted this morning so I only got up a quicky of my ground place.

Here's the real areal shot of home:

PussycatsSkyLandFromAbove.jpg

A small skybox that could fit a 512. For a long time I had a much larger one, but found I wasn't using most of the space. Wanted something cozy, so I put this together. Originally intended as just a product I would sell, I quickly found it just right and made it my home.

Despite appearances the bedroom down in the bottom of the 'main acorn' is spacious enough to fit a bed (-not- a sexbed, but one I got from a PG place), a posing stand, and a few pictures.

And until this morning, a box I rezzed months ago with something I'd bought in it that I'd just never bothered to clean up... :)

Very lovely thread!

The ground level of our land is a ~50000sqm public park with access to protected water for boating. There's a huge build platform in the sky for private (group) use, though every once in a while I have to evict strangers from it.

For my own purposes I assembled this little 32x32m skybox:

Jennis Temple Ruins Aerial.jpg

The whole skybox is built so it gives a permanent impression of nighttime, even during a normal SL daytime cycle. In addition it is purpose-built for shadow-enabled viewers, using it as a learning experience.

It's build like an old ruined temple/fort, dark though not evil.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.