AERIAL VIEW OF YOUR LAND/PROPERTY (why did you choose this lay-out?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it is indeed a different approach using furniture first as 'footprint', but the idea is not so bad at all! When I buy houses I always end up buying more and more furniture because the houses I choose do get bigger each time (:smileyvery-happy:) ..... I like your concept and I do respect the fact that you are building it yourself, it looks stunning Seicher!!! :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My inventory would put Macy's NYC to shame! I have several houses, from a gorgeous but tiny Irish cottage, to a few huge places (medieval & renaissance), to a barn, to a Japanese tree house, to a modern skybox...and all the furniture for each! Believe me, each time I get stuck trying to figure out "now how do I mesh that triangle into that area and have everything line up???" with this build my hand hovers over the "unpack house" option of one of the many in my store rooms!

The reason I went to the furniture footprint (besides the whole "this is how I did it in The Sims" thing) was because this is going to be kind of a small, cozy, funky cottage. Think B-52s (group not the plane) and that kind of fun, colorful & funky. So I didn't want to go too big but I did want to have enough room for certain areas. The find the furniture in inventory then get the floorplan method was ideal from that stand point. It gave me scale and an idea of the space needed.

I'm coming up on my 2nd rez day and I think subconsciously I felt I "should" do something in SL like build! :smileyhappy:

OK - this is my wee spot - it's my version of an Irish Pub (bit more 'real' than some). It's on a 2816 parcel and I have a small skybox/office in the sky (wayyyyy up).

Indigo

And this is a pic of the small bedsit/flat above the pub...

Flat above the pub.png

Lovely to see veryone's places from unusual angles. :smileyhappy:

It's not a 'commercial' build but it is very open and welcoming for anyone to visit and spend time there. The music is kind of good (according to me) mostly, the dances are pretty cool, and it's got a relaxed, fun atmosphere (I think). There are no private bits to it - it's meant for people to wander about and see what they can see, and of course, I'm still faffing about with it so little things change all the time.

Okay Wildcat!  I at last have an Aerial Snapshot of the sim.

lagrange_001.png

In the Center is the ground Landing pad.  Bottom left is the bowman land where there are horses.  Sigh. This is also tha parcel where Hippiestock took place.  Residents have land all around the outside.

Peace!

• Sandbox - where we build/play (right)
  • Playground - free butterflies for guests and some inventory displays using my web vendors (left / center)

specs: 4096 with an adjacent 2048 for prims. The neighboring region (left) has a lovely land wall which has been raised for years; ever since i, regrettably, taught her how to terraform selected land. (vs. using bulldozer)

Lot's of history with this parcel. At one point it had an airstrip that auto rezzed a plane that would take off from 'crimson', fly above the clouds, heading ~12 regions south and landing (unannounced) at 'abbotts' airfield. It would taxi to the end, take off and land safely back in 'crimson'. We (friends & i) used to take that ride ~ every morning for weeks. Ah, digital nostalgia. 

crimson.png

Wildcat Furse wrote:

that looks very beautiful Wicked ... I love the house and the set-up ... keep it that way *meows*

:smileywink:

tyvm Wildcat... I toy with the idea of changing things around.. then I walk around and remind myself at the time and care I took setting it all up.. and decide against it (for the moment anyway) ;)

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.