Is it just me or are there less stores now? And where do you find a place with non-AFK people? Virtual worlds really are in decline, sadly.

LennoxGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Tarani Tempest said:

I take it , you never did anything just a tad bit naughty when you were 8?  I know I did.  I walked to the store with my best friend, no adults, no permission...at 8 years old.  Mom was not happy, I got grounded for a bit....and life went on.  But it did not mean that by the time I was 20, I was still not allowed to go to the store on my own :P  And that is just one thing I did ... I did plenty of boundary pushing.  He is not the first , I am sure.

As for being 'world weary'..... maybe that is a stretch, but ...so? A lot of residents are now explaining how things are.  No harm done.  Much worse goes on in SL and in RL.

exactly what does his age when he joined SL have to do with the whole topic of his thread?

His original post might end up with the award for the longest troll post ever.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..sounds like something we all did at my age 8, when neighborhoods were safe and the corner store sold good stuff.

true whats so "naughty" about that.

dunno how old i was but i was in a store by myself getting some candy.  the clerk said i didn't have enough money so I said ok i'll get more and I ran outside to where my parents were to get more money, with the candy still in my hand.

When i came back in with the money the clerk said "I didn't expect to see you again"

I couldn't understand why she said that, but i paid for my candy and left.

Edited by Phorumities
fixed stuff

25 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

true whats so "naughty" about that.

It was "naughty" for me because it was a rule I broke.  I was not allowed to go w/out permission and w/out an adult.  It was just one example of rule breaking at a young age.  Insert w/e experience you want there. I don't know any perfect children that did not/do not break a few rules on their way to adulthood.  That was my point. If you were the perfect 8 year old, then kudos to you and your parents :P

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..sounds like something we all did at my age 8, when neighborhoods were safe and the corner store sold good stuff.

Close but not quite.

I was 6 and I went looking for my brothers at the Shriner's Circus. It was a circus and I wanted to go. I thought my parents had let my brothers go but I wasn't allowed. I found out later they were supposed to have gone to a baseball game. The ball fields were all right there in the park and the circus was in the biggest one. That was one loooooong walk for a 6 year old. I wasn't scared I would get I trouble. I was scared I couldn't walk a half mile back home and be home in time for dinner. Luckily my Uncle Soda Pop (yes Soda Pop) was a Shriner. He saw me and took me home. Never did get that spanking I just knew I was in for. xD

• Like 1

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Close but not quite.

I was 6 and I went looking for my brothers at the Shriner's Circus. It was a circus and I wanted to go. I thought my parents had let my brothers go but I wasn't allowed. I found out later they were supposed to have gone to a baseball game . The ball fields were all right there in the park and the circus was in the biggest one. That was one loooooong walk for a 6 year old. I wasn't scared I would get I trouble. I was scared I couldn't walk a half mile back home and be home in time for dinner. Luckily my Uncle Soda Pop (yes Soda Pop) was a Shriner. He saw me and took me home. Never did get that spanking I just knew I was in for. xD

As for my brothers, my oldest brother (9) abandoned my other brother (8) at the ball field so neither one of them was where they were supposed to be.

And why in the world did it quote my post when I clicked edit? :S

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Close but not quite.

I was 6 and I went looking for my brothers at the Shriner's Circus. It was a circus and I wanted to go. I thought my parents had let my brothers go but I wasn't allowed. I found out later they were supposed to have gone to a baseball game. The ball fields were all right there in the park and the circus was in the biggest one. That was one loooooong walk for a 6 year old. I wasn't scared I would get I trouble. I was scared I couldn't walk a half mile back home and be home in time for dinner. Luckily my Uncle Soda Pop (yes Soda Pop) was a Shriner. He saw me and took me home. Never did get that spanking I just knew I was in for. xD

When I was 6, I walked home from school with a “girlfriend” but followed her instead of going home. Got lost. Oops.

• Haha 1

I must be the only freak here who'd rather have a root canal than go to an in-world store - or worse, an event - but the only in-world stores that can draw me out (by force, because they don't generally sell on the MP) are those selling bento heads and certain appliers.

For everything else, this lil bunny buys from the MP and tries demos from the MP - no MP demo, no sales for you - 1 year!

3 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I must be the only freak here who'd rather have a root canal than go to an in-world store - or worse, an event - but the only in-world stores that can draw me out (by force, because they don't generally sell on the MP) are those selling bento heads and certain appliers.

For everything else, this lil bunny buys from the MP and tries demos from the MP - no MP demo, no sales for you - 1 year!

/me chuckles  - I do pretty much feel that way about events, but usually I don't mind store shopping.  Some places that are always crowded, I will avoid.

I always shop in-world for home & garden stuff because I want to see it and there aren't tons of demos for that kind of stuff, but again, I prefer to go to the store and avoid the events.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.