Mesh Head

Ischmierdaoine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi, can anybody help me with my avatar? i m german, my english sucks. my clothes doesnt fit with the avatar and i cant wear any hair on the mesh head evan, because i dont have a head anymore when i try to wear hair, the color of the skin from the body dont fit with the head. i need help. thank you (maybe in german)

if i were you i'd first look around for some weeks in SL, get the ropes about the basics. Diving into the deep without this will haunt you for a very long time and slow you down in the understanding of SL. And if you don't do that, you have a huge risk you spend thousends of L$ buying lot of items you will never look at again later because you went for items that are obsolete for most of us.

There are lots of posts in this forum about starting with mesh, and the problems you'll encounter, however if english isn't your strong point you'll need to use a translator, google might be of help in that. https://translate.google.nl/m/translate

10 minutes ago, Ischmierdaoine said:

thank you

forget to mention the little tip: do not use "wear"  but "add" if you change your outfits/hair ..and so on...

"wear" is a very old remaining option in the viewers that's not very userfriendly.

Your body has several attachment points, if you use "wear" and the new item uses a attachment point that is already in use, it will remove the first item.
When using "add" the system can add multiple items to one point without removing others.

• Like 1

That's quite good English, better than some other stuff we see here! Unfortunately my German is close to non-existent, so I'll stick with the former. xD You don't give much detail in your post, but I will cover the basics.

Since you say you have a mesh head, I'll assume you also have a mesh body. First, you have to wear the full-body alpha layer that is supplied with the mesh body/head, to completely hide your system body. Then, certain types of clothes will not work at all on a mesh body - system layer clothes, that look "painted" onto system bodies. So, with a mesh body, your choices are mesh clothes (normal loose clothes) and applier clothes (that look painted on, like underwear etc.).

With mesh clothes, wear the size most suitable for your body (ideally a size specially designed for your body model), and if you see your skin cutting through in places, use the "alpha" panel of your mesh body HUD to hide small sections of your body until it looks right.

Applier clothes are supplied in the form of a little HUD that you click once to paint the clothes onto the body, where they stay until you remove them using your mesh body HUD. An applier will work only with the body/head model it was designed for, apart from Omega appliers which work with most mesh bodies/heads. If you want to use Omega appliers, then you will most likely also need to get an Omega "relay" or "installer" for your body/head, to make it Omega-compatible.

Now, are you saying your head disappears when you try to wear hair? That may be because you are "wearing" the hair on the same attachment point as the head, so the hair replaces the head. What you need to do when wearing your hair, or anything else, is to "add" the hair to your body — right-click the hair in your inventory, select "add" instead of "wear".

Regarding matching the skins of your body and head - if you can't find a good match using the skins supplied with your body and head, then you will need to buy a third-party skin to cover them both. What you need is a skin package that includes appliers for both your particular body model and head model, or a full-body Omega applier (see explanation above). Alternatively, a skin package for your body and another for your head, both in the same skin tone from the same creator.

If you could give us more details of what mesh body and head you are using, and what exactly the problems are, people might be able to give more specific advice.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.