Sex Offenders on SL

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Perhaps in your initial paragraph on page 1....I will reread it more carefully.

That does not negate all the subsequent attacks by many other people AND you...

So, posting to me, with "wth is wrong with you today", directly, because loads of others "attacked" her, is..what, exactly?

It's not often I am even remotely mean, let alone "attacking" anyone. I'm not fond of how it feels, and I'm generally just not fond of doing it at all.

Anyone that's posted with me in these forums, and all other prior incarnations, can quite likely tell you that, including those with whom I've had disagreements. 

You didn't like my approach...that's cool. But considering it was one post out of all the others I made, I'm not sure that's a very fair assessment of me, or whether or not there is something "wrong" with me, for that matter.

All gravy, at any rate :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

To be perfectly honest, I haven't seen any attacks against the OP in this thread. The OP certainly assumed attacks

When you tell someone that their experience smells 'fishy', that is a kind of attack.

Likewise, telling them to basically shut up (as you did) because the problem has been solved -- that is an attack in my book.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When you tell someone that their experience smells 'fishy', that is a kind of attack.

Likewise, telling them to basically shut up (as you did) because the problem has been solved -- that is an attack in my book.

Then you have a very strange book lol.

Incidentally, whoever told the OP that something was fishy, was talking about the nature of this thread, and not the OP's experience with someone inworld.

Edited by Phil Deakins

2 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

So, posting to me, with "wth is wrong with you today", directly, because loads of others "attacked" her, is..what, exactly?

Tari, yes I attacked you for jumping on the attack bandwagon against the OP after the thread had finally died down.

It's not how you usually act, and I was shocked.

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Then you have a very strange book lol.

I like my book, where responding to people's emotions is as valuable as attempting to fix their problem.

Often you will find that once you respond to someone's emotions they will find the solution to their problems on their own..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Incidentally, whoever told the OP that something was fishy, was talking about the nature of this thread, and not the OP's experience with someone inworld.

Phil, really.

Ethan said:

"For me this ongoing subject starts to smell fishy in a way and nearly get the idea there is some personal issue behind it."

What do you think Ethan is saying about her?

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Often you will find that once you respond to someone's emotions they will find the solution to their problems on their own..

Similarly, my Hindu guru teaches that it is more important to determine why someone says/asks something, then what they actually said or asked.

• Like 4

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Similarly, my Hindu guru teaches that it is more important to determine why someone says/asks something, then what they actually said or asked.

I like that :)

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I like that :)

"Why do you ask?" is something I ask often, probably because I'm too think to sense it.

By "too think to sense it", do you mean you might be operating from 'thinking mind' too much and not paying attention to 'intuitive mind'?

27 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Tari, yes I attacked you for jumping on the attack bandwagon against the OP after the thread had finally died down.

It's not how you usually act, and I was shocked.

It wasn't an attack, it was a direct response to the OP's subsequent erratic textual behavior in a thread where perfectly sound, and even sympathetic(though you and I don't seem to agree it was) advice was given on page one. 

You see tomatoes being thrown, I see pasta sauce. 

Now it's lunch time. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Phil, really.

Ethan said:

"For me this ongoing subject starts to smell fishy in a way and nearly get the idea there is some personal issue behind it."

Ethan was saying that something is starting to smell fishy about the subject. That's what he wrote in the part you quoted, and I assume that that is precisely what he meant. What he didn't do is say that the OP is fishy - whether he thought it or not.

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

By "too think to sense it", do you mean you might be operating from 'thinking mind' too much and not paying attention to 'intuitive mind'?

Well, I misspelled "too thick" as "too think" (which you quoted). I then changed that to "too dense" (after you quoted me).

I am highly analytical, and come from a "no visible displays of affection" family. People sense that, and find me intimidating. I will say "Why do you ask?" as a way of opening the door, though I sometimes think people might see that as an invitation to step into an open elevator shaft.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The question is, why would someone exhibit erratic textual behavior?

• trolling
  • not liking previously reasonable advice given
  • having a bad day
  • just their personality
  • desiring more sympathy than already given
  • likes seeing their own words on the screen
  • bored
  • thinks the possibility of other, better, answers exists
  • likes to argue
  • on something
  • having a  laugh (not the same as trolling for some, lol)
  • completely unhinged and unable to re-hinge one's self

Ummm,  I lost my train of thought, now I'm thinking about lunch.  

I'm sure there's loads more reasons, I don't presume to know everything going on in the head of others. I can't even presume to know everything going on in my own head at any given time. I can only go by what's put on the screen for me to see, and it was...waaaaaay over the top, thereby offering plenty of room for situational doubt in both the poster AND the situation itself. :D 

I still say I offered sympathy in sharing my own experience, and I will maintain that belief :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Err,... wasn't all said and done 3 pages ago? You folks continue arguing for agruing's sake again?

*Strolls away in boredom*

Sometimes we like to hear ourselves talk-think. To work out the trauma-drama of the thread, with no drama-llama. But with compassion and grace.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:
50 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Phil, really.

Ethan said:

Ethan was saying that something is starting to smell fishy about the subject. That's what he wrote in the part you quoted, and I assume that that is precisely what he meant. What he didn't do is say that the OP is fishy - whether he thought it or not.

Ethan said he's starting to think there's some personal issue behind the subject, that it smells fishy.
If you say there's some 'personal issue' behind the subject (the subject the OP brought up), and that it smells fishy, well that is a pretty big insult.
As I said, it's an invalidation of their EXPERIENCE -- I never said Ethan said the OP IS fishy as u just accused me of.

But I am not going to discuss this with you further, as you are trying to derail the thread into some point you imagine you can win, as you already lost the main point. Just your usual tactic.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, I misspelled "too thick" as "too think" (which you quoted). I then changed that to "too dense" (after you quoted me).

I am highly analytical, and come from a "no visible displays of affection" family. People sense that, and find me intimidating.

Would you be upset if I said I liked Snugs better? ;0

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.