Sex Offenders on SL

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

it was...waaaaaay over the top, thereby offering plenty of room for situational doubt in both the poster AND the situation itself. :D 

Hmmm...I'd like to know why you thought it was way over the top.

I just saw it as being very thorough...like someone with a legal mind...or someone going round and round without quite being able to get to the main point.

Nevermind, I may not want to hash this out more as I should be working :)

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Ethan said he's starting to think there's some personal issue behind the subject, that it smells fishy.

Likely because of the OPs ambiguous replies and hinting on the action they had already taken but choosing not to let us know and just responding to keep the thread alive.  I have asked the OP twice now to let us know how they have chosen to deal with it as hinted to many times throughout the thread.  Not speaking for Ethan, just my take on the fishy comment.  I happen to agree with him if that is what he meant.

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ethan said he's starting to think there's some personal issue behind the subject, that it smells fishy.

Likely because of the OPs ambiguous replies and hinting on the action they had already taken but choosing not to let us know and just responding to keep the thread alive.  I have asked the OP twice now to let us know how they have chosen to deal with it as hinted to many times throughout the thread.  Not speaking for Ethan, just my take on the fishy comment.  I happen to agree with him if that is what he meant.

I can agree, in a way.

But I think we'd disagree on just what might be hidden...I think some felt what was hiding was something consciously manipulative, and a manipulation for the OP to get something she should not get, as if we're being played somehow -- but I did not.

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Hmmm...I'd like to know why you thought it was way over the top.

I just saw it as being very thorough...like someone with a legal mind...or someone going round and round without quite being able to get to the main point.

Nevermind, I may not want to hash this out more as I should be working :)

Because the responses started with...lemme find it, lol....

Oh

"You're attacking me, I'm reporting you"-paraphrased, but it's on page 2...and only got worse from there, with more claims of "you're breaking the tos by being mean to me", and claims that someone was trying to solicit the specifics-which was a bold faced lie(and anyone can actually read the thread to see it was, as no one was asking for specifics and no one wanted them), while claiming the person being responded to was doing that very thing(another bold faced lie). It's a general tactic when someone starts to go off kilter to start injecting untruths.  That's not thorough, that's just...honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, other than to say it ventured into way over the top response, lol.

Your interpretation may vary..but that's mine. :) 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can agree, in a way.

But I think we'd disagree on just what might be hidden...I think some felt what was hiding was something consciously manipulative, and a manipulation for the OP to get something she should not get, as if we're being played somehow -- but I did not.

Can we also ar the op, her idea of this megans list I regard as a threat to the community. As to sympathy sorry I have none. Dont like what is happening, block, walk away, x out ar whatever. Frankly no idea why I should give her any sympathy or why anyone thinks she deserves any when she chose to stay in that situation for so long. Personally I find the op as creepy as the guy she is talking about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Incidentally, whoever told the OP that something was fishy, was talking about the nature of this thread, and not the OP's experience with someone inworld.

True, but I have since thought about it and decided the there is something fishy about the OP's experience.  I'm not saying the person she refers too was not inappropriate with her, but after considering things, I truly think that she was being trolled by someone.  It is well documented that the vast majority of pedophiles do not like experiences with adults - they have a young fetish.  Thus, if this person was truly the supposed sex offender that was guilty of 'internet luring of a child', that indicates pedophilia tendencies and thus it is highly unlikely that said person would try to get an adult to have any sort of relations with them.  Thus, logic says that if the person was trying to have any sort of sexual experience with the OP, then said person is not the sex offender they claim to be.

(you got quoted just because your statement is what made me start thinking of this - I'm not responding specifically to you)

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Often you will find that once you respond to someone's emotions they will find the solution to their problems on their own..

People come here with questions that I answer if I can.  It is not my job, nor do I desire, to deal with their emotions.   In many cases, what people need is to get out of their emotions for a bit and think logically about something.

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

The question is, why would someone exhibit erratic textual behavior?

The "why" is not really important to me.  I do not need to know the why to answer the questions put forth.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People come here with questions that I answer if I can.  It is not my job, nor do I desire, to deal with their emotions.   In many cases, what people need is to get out of their emotions for a bit and think logically about something.

That's pretty much how I operate when answering questions, as well.  

Also, on a slightly different aspect of things that have been brought up in this thread...  If I was an OP and if after the main subject had been addressed, personally I would be very uncomfortable if others than came into the same thread to analyze about what I may have needed in an answer, or trying to figure out what might have been the reason for how I was behaving.  That's probably why I've never been an OP :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

It looks like this thread has run its course here. End of the line, folks!

Gentle reminder here that violations of the Terms & Conditions and/or Terms of Service should be reported using the in-world Report Abuse system and illegal activity affecting your First Life should be reported to the appropriate authorities. Points to those who have already pointed this out in the thread (go you!).

Edited by Jagix Linden
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.