Sex Offenders on SL

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just saying,The whole situation would make me leery of them and that I wouldn't be clicking any links they gave me..

If someone creeps me out in world,here is what I do almost instantly..

How do I type the sound for a dial tone? 0o

I just don't stick around any longer than I have to. Same with people that start to get really dramatic and angry.. I vanish like a ninja.. Swhoosh!

hehehe

Wait, WUT!? Isn't this what all the people debating *against* you have been saying? Because this is exactly what you *should* do: remove yourself from anything that makes you uncomfortable. So why the want for a police-state to broadcast everyone's flaws or sins? This is SL, not RL - whatever happens in RL does not apply here. This is the point I am trying to make. But so be it, I've made my point and you have endorsed it yourself. :)

2 hours ago, RuchiVee said:

Indeed.  I am relieved to see that Linden Labs will not tolerate convicted sex offenders having accounts on SL

You've misunderstood. This is what the particular paragraph from the ToS says:-

2 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

We may terminate your Account(s) if we learn, or in good faith believe, that you are a registered sex offender, that accessing the Service may violate a condition of parole or probation, that you have engaged in or attempted to engage in conduct with minors on the Service that violates this Agreement, or that you for any other reason may pose what we deem to be an unacceptable risk to the Service community.

There's a big difference between "We may terminate your Account(s)" and "Linden Labs will not tolerate convicted sex offenders having accounts on SL".

People keep advising you to report it and leave it to LL, which, of course, is your only option if you want it to be dealt with to your satisfaction. You keep replying, 'how do you know I haven't reported it'. What I can't understand is, if you've reported it, why you've so far failed to say so. You are allowed to say that you've reported it. You did earlier in the thread.

Have you reported it to LL, yes or no?

If you have, then I suggest that this thread is over. If you haven't, then I suggest that you're just wasting everyone's time.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Wait, WUT!? Isn't this what all the people debating *against* you have been saying? Because this is exactly what you *should* do: remove yourself from anything that makes you uncomfortable. So why the want for a police-state to broadcast everyone's flaws or sins? This is SL, not RL - whatever happens in RL does not apply here. This is the point I am trying to make. But so be it, I've made my point and you have endorsed it yourself. :)

I think you are wanting the OP,I haven't been debating with anyone in this thread.. hehehehe

Holy friggen frijoles batman!! 

It's not often I regret posting in a thread, actually it's not often I regret anything.

Now I regret giving you real advice, and thta makes me feel bad, and you should feel bad for making me feel bad, that's not nice, and I was nice. 

Your intentions are less than savory, the overreaction to others' posts are, umm...I can't finish that sentence and still be nice, and I prefer being nice. 

You're using rl infractions, rl reasons for why we have a public SOR to begin with, and trying to apply them to characters that aren't even people, but pixels, and behaviors that can't even BE unlawful on the context given 

IF anything ever was as you said it was...GO TO WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If you're unwilling to do that, I'm unwilling to believe you, or take anything you have to say seriously. hmph

8813663.png.d2aae032ddcce644486aaec6e799aff4.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think you are wanting the OP,I haven't been debating with anyone in this thread.. hehehehe

Oh, oops. I goofed, I'm sorry! (I guess I had the false-hope the OP came to their sense.) Which, in turn, it's great to see you definitely have yours!  LOL

10 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Have you reported it to LL, yes or no?

If you have, then I suggest that this thread is over. If you haven't, then I suggest that you're just wasting everyone's time.

Phil, can you ever see the big picture instead of running along in your little pedantic rut with blinders on?

Notice how after Innula posted in a kind way the OP thanked her for her kindness and the thread had ENDED until people started attacking her again. That's what the woman wanted! A little kindness.

She may have not stated that clearly, but she obviously wanted some sympathy ALONG with a way to solve this problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Phil, can you ever see the big picture instead of running along in your little pedantic rut with blinders on?

Notice how after Innula posted in a kind way the OP thanked her for her kindness and the thread had ENDED until people started attacking her again. That's what the woman wanted! A little kindness.

She may have not stated that clearly, but she obviously wanted some sympathy ALONG with a way to solve this problem.

Kindness was given, whether or not received, on page one, by more than one person.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh, I see. I can't believe I missed that. I'm usually so good at discerning what a person really needs/wants. My brain must have been getting tired :(

Edited by Phil Deakins

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Tari, wth is wrong with you today..

Hmmm, nothing that I can think of, I'm doing just cherry. You? 

I gave very good advice, on page one. I discussed the very real, and rather personal without disclosing my actual personal information, opinions dealing with this topic in rl in the thread as well...while STILL giving what I perceive to be very good advice. I'm not sure how anyone can find fault with that, but if you have...could you kindly explain why, where, and how? Or not, your choice of course. :) 

4 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Kindness was given, whether or not received, on page one, by more than one person.

I said sympathy...

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I said sympathy...

And I maintain that was achieved early on :) 

Perhaps you ought to go back and read my earlier posts ;) 

Heck I even shared my own experience with what I believe(d, at the time) to be a similar situation. 

Shrugs

Can't pleas 'em all, I guess :D

Edited by Tari Landar

1 minute ago, Tari Landar said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I said sympathy...

And I maintain that was achieved early on :) 

Perhaps in your initial paragraph on page 1....I will reread it more carefully.

That does not negate all the subsequent attacks by many other people AND you...

Really? The posts you wrote to both me and Tari were so far seperated from reality, so I naturally assumed that you were just kidding.

But I'm not gonna argue the toss with you. You are free to think what you like, and to take the thread down a hitherto uncharted sidetrack.

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Okay, I read your post on Page 1. You were kind, yes, but I did not see sympathy.

Sympathy is when you respond to someone's emotion about something disturbing, like saying you understand how that would be scary or difficult to deal with. This should be done before all the advice. Her experience obviously was/is upsetting to her.

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That does not negate all the subsequent attacks by many other people AND you...

To be perfectly honest, I haven't seen any attacks against the OP in this thread. The OP certainly assumed attacks, but they didn't exist. Or, if they did, I missed them.

And whilst you're on the subject of sympathy, it's merely your opinion that the OP came for it, rather than for what she posted. It doesn't actually sound like she's in need of sympathy, because she cut the person off, and she doesn't claim to be traumatised by the experience.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.