Streaks Emanating from All Avatars

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the Linden viewer, and even downloaded the Firestorm viewer, but in both viewers I see streaks emanating from all avatars...like...long lines touching all points of the avatars' silhouette and stretching into the distance....like the kind of cartoon lines you might see if a cartoon character were running fast.  See the image I attached.

I have been experiencing this since yesterday.  Yesterday, it was on-and-off.  Today it's non-stop.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  How can I fix it?  I tried clearing my cache but that didn't work.  I tried fiddling with the "Me / Preferences / Graphics tab / Quality & Speed" and "Avatar Maximum Capacity" settings but that didn't work either.36103105_ScreenShot2018-09-03at1_21_14PM.thumb.png.779f498387a589510d549d8634b1d75a.png

Edited by RuchiVee

@Claireschen HestenI tried disabling VBO.  It helped, but only about 50%.  I still see streaks. 

@Fionalein: I downloaded the newest Firestorm viewer, and still had the same problem. 

@Skell Dagger:  I don't know how old my graphics card is...how do I find out.  If it's too old, what do I do?  Replace it?

@Skell Dagger:  I don't know how old my graphics card is...how do I find out.  If it's too old, what do I do?  Replace it?

In Firestorm you can go to HELP > About Firestorm and you will get a page with all you computer info. You can copy to clipboard and paste in here.

image.thumb.png.1ddbe6c7f770ca91d4e35faaa2492d0f.png

6 hours ago, RuchiVee said:

I don't know how old my graphics card is...how do I find out.  If it's too old, what do I do?  Replace it?

If you've never replaced it before then it will be as old as your computer is. They do fail eventually, and those streaks were a sign that I noticed prior to one of my old cards failing. I'd suggest running some tests on it first to see if that is the issue, because replacing a card isn't cheap; a decent one will run you to a few hundred, depending on which one you buy and where you get it from.

Edited by Skell Dagger

I haven't seen that particular effect for  long time, but it used to be mildly common with AMD/ATI graphics cards that were using extinct drivers.  Before you panic too much, try downloading and installing current drivers for that card.  Yours may have been messed up somehow.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.