WEEK 10 GIFT GRAB LOCATION NOT AVAILABLE?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I hope they did, easy to check though... 

I just went back to the location and it really is Adult, but that means LL has specifically (maybe unintentionally) excluded everyone that doesn't have their settings at Adult. That just seems a bit odd to me for something like the birthday hunt.

@HarleyQ420 - Open your preferences and on the General tab, check your content settings to ensure you are set for Adult.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 1

What is the most active Linden on the forums theese days we can tag summon to band aid this in time (only two days left)? Patch or Keira? *Holds up some summoning cookies*

EDIT: I cannot react both "thanks" and "sad" at once to LittleMe'S post :( I wish I could both ...

@Linden Lab please fix this

Edited by Fionalein

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just went back to the location and it really is Adult, but that means LL has specifically (maybe unintentionally) excluded everyone that doesn't have their settings at Adult. That just seems a bit odd to me for something like the birthday hunt.

@HarleyQ420 - Open your preferences and on the General tab, check your content settings to ensure you are set for Adult.

i found it ingame as i was looking for it on the site like crazy! and i am 27 years old, and have my bday set as such, so y would that ban me from being able to enter?! lmao sucks i have to " re-tell " the game " yea im an adult, let me get my fricken gift that i have no idea how to use except hold in my hand like an idiot! " just weird. 

this gem make my butt look big.PNG

You have to unpack it, that big crystal is the "box"

And no, you do not have to tell them you are adult again - login tells them you are adult, the content filter tells them what content you want to see, some adults just opt out, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

you have to unpack it, that big crystal is the "box"

it said it was a crystal hoverboard. so i figured it was a giant crystal shaped hoverboard. how do i unpack this? im really new and still trying to get a handle on the controls. oh and if it really was an adult room then this guy shouldnt be allowed in here. dont matter if he made the room or what he did with it, 13 and in an 18+ room?! not cutting it. 

adult only eh.PNG

12 minutes ago, HarleyQ420 said:

i am 27 years old, and have my bday set as such, so y would that ban me from being able to enter?! lmao sucks i have to " re-tell " the game " yea im an adult

Sometimes even the adults in SL don't want to go to the Moderate or Adult sims, thus the setting where you can set what you want to have access to.  Since all here are supposed to be adults, I think the setting is just to keep people from accidentally going to an adult sim if they don't want to do so.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQ420 said:

it said it was a crystal hoverboard. so i figured it was a giant crystal shaped hoverboard. how do i unpack this? im really new and still trying to get a handle on the controls. oh and if it really was an adult room then this guy shouldnt be allowed in here. dont matter if he made the room or what he did with it, 13 and in an 18+ room?! not cutting it. 

adult only eh.PNG

It is not set to auto-unpack, so you'll need to drag it from inventory to the ground -- use a sandbox, if you don't have another location that will let you do that.  Then right click it and select Open and in the popup window "copy to inventory" and you'll get a new folder from it.

Oh and Guy Linden is one of the true LL folks, so he has God powers and can go anywhere and do anything.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sometimes even the adults in SL don't want to go to the Moderate or Adult sims, thus the setting where you can set what you want to have access to.  Since all here are supposed to be adults, I think the setting is just to keep people from accidentally going to an adult sim if they don't want to do so.

but there should be a way to block younger ones from being able to access it if under the age of majority in their area. just seems like kids r asking to be preyed upon when u allow them into 18+ rooms. i can understand taken adults wanting only friends and sticking to the not so xxx rated rooms, but for young ppl to wanna go into them its like ew. y would u want to? 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQ420 said:

adult only eh.PNG

That's his avatar age, not his real age  ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is not set to auto-unpack, so you'll need to drag it from inventory to the ground -- use a sandbox, if you don't have another location that will let you do that.  Then right click it and select Open and in the popup window "copy to inventory" and you'll get a new folder from it.

Oh and Guy Linden is one of the true LL folks, so he has God powers and can go anywhere and do anything.

tbh idgaf if hes the pope, if hes underage to be in the ADULT rooms then he shouldnt be allowed. just wrong.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ok i have no place to drag it to as it says im not allowed. how do i get my own room so i can unpack it and open it?

19 minutes ago, HarleyQ420 said:

dont matter if he made the room or what he did with it, 13 and in an 18+ room?! not cutting it. 

don't let them make jokes, that number is of course his SL age he has been on SL for 13 years.. RL (real live) ages are not shown, 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQ420 said:

ok i have no place to drag it to as it says im not allowed. how do i get my own room so i can unpack it and open it?

Go to a sandbox or even better: ask some tutors at the newcomer instuction places if they can spare a moment and show you how to open stuff,

here are two I highly reccomend:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Caledon Oxbridge/92/198/28

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Social Island/142/107/35

Welcome to SL btw.

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

don't let them make jokes, that number is of course his SL age he has been on SL for 13 years.. RL (real live) ages are not shown, 

Go to a sandbox or even better: ask some tutors at the newcomer instuction places if they can spare a moment and show you how to open stuff,

here are two I highly reccomend:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Caledon Oxbridge/92/198/28

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Social Island/142/107/35

Welcome to SL btw.

what do u mean go to a sandbox? i guess this game is more advanced than most social games like this ive played. 

• Moles

Hi Harley :)

If you press CTRL+M to open your world map and type in "Sandbox" you can rez there and open it. Or just follow this SLURL http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sandbox Cordova/132/199/26 A sandbox is a place where anyone can rez objects and build things. It normally 'cleans' itself after a few hours and deletes anything left behind. It is a place for residents to play and experiment with building things.

The region Maturity Ratings limit what type of content is allowed in a region, but it by no means indicates that the content there necessarily *is* for adults only. I can assure you that nothing in that region where the gift box is would be considered adult content. So even if someone changed there settings temporarily just to get into the region to get their gift, they should not be exposed to anything in the immediate area that is inappropriate. 

And I can attest that Guy is definitely over 18 :) 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HarleyQ420 said:

what do u mean go to a sandbox? i guess this game is more advanced than most social games like this ive played. 

Oh yes it surely is you can do lots of stuff and even build a lot inwold yourself, even if you do not build the objects yourself you can have pretty much fun rearranging rescripting or repurposing them... It will take some time until you learn how to do stuff and find out what you like to do, don't let the wild options scare you away, you do not need to use them ;)

A sandbox is a region where you are allowed to rez (materialize) stuff, you usually are not, but some places dedcated to building or shoping have them so you can unpack and or build your stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.