WEEK 10 GIFT GRAB LOCATION NOT AVAILABLE?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Let's try @Patch Linden and/or @Keira Linden and/or @Alexa Linden.   Surely one of those will be monitoring things.

Ohai! 

So, we did think a lot about this location before choosing it.  Our intent on putting these gifts out was to showcase special areas of Second Life.  Horizons was one of our most ambitious projects, so we wanted to include one of those regions in this hunt.  The specific region chosen was one that contains none of the, how shall we say it, more sensitive content in Second Life, but instead showcases the build itself.  In regards to minors accessing the region, any accounts designated as 16 or 17 would be restricted to only General rated regions and would not have been able to participate in the hunt on any of the moderate regions either.   So, in order for Residents who are old enough it is a quick switch to access the Adult regions, then a quick switch back to exclude Adult after you get the gift.

Not all places in world designated as Adult are ... um ...you know ... Yes, I know a lot of it is (my alt is telling about it all the time), but our intention using this region in the hunt was to show that some isn't.  I'm truly sorry if having this on an Adult rated region offended anyone but I promise the content there is very clean.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Ohai! 

So, we did think a lot about this location before choosing it.  Our intent on putting these gifts out was to showcase special areas of Second Life.  Horizons was one of our most ambitious projects, so we wanted to include one of those regions in this hunt.  The specific region chosen was one that contains none of the, how shall we say it, more sensitive content in Second Life, but instead showcases the build itself.  In regards to minors accessing the region, any accounts designated as 16 or 17 would be restricted to only General rated regions and would not have been able to participate in the hunt on any of the moderate regions either.   So, in order for Residents who are old enough it is a quick switch to access the Adult regions, then a quick switch back to exclude Adult after you get the gift.

Not all places in world designated as Adult are ... um ...you know ... Yes, I know a lot of it is (my alt is telling about it all the time), but our intention using this region in the hunt was to show that some isn't.  I'm truly sorry if having this on an Adult rated region offended anyone but I promise the content there is very clean.

Your logic makes sense, though it might have helped some to have mention in the blog posting that it was an Adult location and if their settings did not typically allow such that they would need to do a short modification - and assure them they would not come in contact with any truly adult content.  

Those that still lack some SL knowledge, might not even consider the content ratings setting in the preferences (like the OP) and just keep assuming there is a problem with the region all the way up until they ran out of time to get the gift.  

• Lindens
On 8/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your logic makes sense, though it might have helped some to have mention in the blog posting that it was an Adult location and if their settings did not typically allow such that they would need to do a short modification - and assure them they would not come in contact with any truly adult content.  

Those that still lack some SL knowledge, might not even consider the content ratings setting in the preferences (like the OP) and just keep assuming there is a problem with the region all the way up until they ran out of time to get the gift.  

Totally fair point there, LittleMe.  Lesson learned, and if we do have any more events such as this one (depending on how it all goes in the end), I will make sure that if we do include an Adult region we'll give a little disclaimer in the hint post for that week.  ?

• Like 3

I think one important point is that "now" those who have been coming every week and didn't or couldn't go to the Adult rated sim won't have the opportunity to get the "big prize" at the end. This doesn't affect me personally, but it does seem pretty UNinclusive for a Linden sponsored event.  And as LittleMe said, confusing to those that couldn't get to the sim. 

And -- not picking on you :D -- for some folks the ALCOHOL would have been a problem.   It isn't just kinky sex that has folks turning off adult content.   

So some thoughts for the future maybe. 

I have "adult" unchecked, being a child avie, but it didn't take me too long after doing that to be able to recognize when a TP didn't complete due to it being an "A" rated parcel.  Hopefully avies that have been here long enough to have started with week 1 of the hunt have had enough experience to be able to recognize and remedy that issue.  

Figuring that the location for the hunt would be a public (linden owned) location, and that except for one time, the gift crystal was always in sight from the landing point, I changed my access preferences, TP'd in, quickly clicked and accepted the gift, then TP'd right back out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pam Tigerauge said:

Semi-related to this thread, I sadly have missed weeks 8 and 9 gifts, and the crystal boxes are no longer at either location. Is there any chance of a catch up on these?? Since we need all 15 for the final gift, kinda bummed.

Nope.  The original notice stated that you had to get the prize each week and each prize would only be available for one week:

image.thumb.png.6fa177ac431c22cd5b3d5cb965268d55.png

This whole noninclusive thing is still bothering me :D. 

Not about folks missing a week -- I mean they did have a WEEK to pick up a prize which takes maybe two minutes to do. But that "not everyone can get there" issue. Anyone YOUNG missed the opportunity to go to some of the spots because of the sim rating. Let alone the adult sim which really was a bad plan IMHO. 

But it is what it is. It has been fun to see what the gift of the week is. My favorite is still the crystal bear. 

39 minutes ago, mistyway said:

Now Week 12 place is unavailable. >__< And it is a "General" sim...

1.png

You need to accept the experience. For me, the box regarding the experience with the option to accept it popped up another window on my screen.  After I accepted it and confirmed the box you put shown above to close that, I was able to successfully teleport to the location.  I did end up with a few attachments for the game controlled by the experience when I arrived, but I quickly went out the barn door and to the right, where the gift chest is, and got the gift.  When I TP'd away, the attachments for the game disappeared.  The gift chest was very close to the barn, so I didn't really have to worry about what the game was about in order to get the gift.  There may be other ways to get there to get the gift, but that was what worked for me. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.