The Mesh bodies

BlaireBlaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How would I get started with a mesh body? I know of Maitreya Lara and TMP but I'm looking to go into Maitreya or Slink. How and where would I find the actual bodies? in store? in marketplace? Where should I look to get started on how this works?

2 hours ago, BlaireBlaze said:

How would I get started with a mesh body? I know of Maitreya Lara and TMP but I'm looking to go into Maitreya or Slink. How and where would I find the actual bodies? in store? in marketplace? Where should I look to get started on how this works?

The Mesh Body Addicts website (see link in Fionalein's post above) has great articles and tutorials on everything mesh.  They also have links to where you can get the bodies. 

I'd recommend staying away from TMP - all indications are that they are going under soon and their bodies will have very limited functionality when that happens.

ebody has a couple of mesh bodies that you can get for L$1 -- they are very limited in functionality, but a good way to get a feel for mesh bodies for super cheap.  Altamura has some free & super cheap ones also - their group join fee is currently only L$50 - but again, the free and cheap bodies will be limited in functionality.

Get demos of anything that will cost more than a few L$ and play with those demos lots.  Get demo skins to play with on the demo mesh bodies. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Maitreya, Belleza and Slink have inworld stores. The Belleza and Maitreya bodies have the hands and feet included. Slink had hands and feet prior to their mesh body being released, so many users already had them and did not need to purchase them with the body. However, now, Slink has included a whole "bundle" pack for those either new or who didn't have slink feet/hands and want to get them with the body. 

I agree with staying away from TMP, and definitely check out the blog links that you have been given, as they will be very helpful. Also, as they stated prior, be sure to demo each one prior to purchasing and see which one you like the most. Each body has a slightly different build and will adjust differently.  The free bodies are very limited in functionality but they are a good way to get you started to see how to use them. 

Good luck!

I'm just getting started myself and what at first was so intimidating, is quickly becoming more understandable.  I'm going to parrot the eBody Store's $1L limited mesh body.  With it I am learning a new function every day.  I've picked up a few group gifts of clothing and shoes for free at Maitreya and have added those to my Mesh 101 folder.  I've also found the Mesh Body Addicts Blog, Facebook Group and in world group.  There are also groups dedicated to mesh freebies. 

I've also just learned that you cannot get Applier's (to paint on underclothing) with the $1L eBody, so I've leaned how to use the alphas to "alpha out" my pertinent parts so that I can go out in public and find more mesh to demo.   It's more expensive to go with mesh, so be sure that you end up with what you are truly happy with, and like everyone else says, demo, demo, demo everything you can before letting loose of your $L 

• Like 1

Mesh body parts are surprisingly interchangeable. So, mix and match bodies work well.

With mesh heads designers matched the neck to the classic body, well nearly all of them did. Bodies were designed to work with the classic head-neck because so many of us started with mesh hands and feet then got a mesh body but, stayed with the classic head for some time.

The point is almost any mesh head will work with most any mesh body.

The only complication to mixing brands of body and head is skin. You have to find skin with an Applier for both brands. Fortunately, Omega covers the major brands and provides Omega Relays for smaller brands.

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Mesh body parts are surprisingly interchangeable. So, mix and match bodies work well.

With mesh heads designers matched the neck to the classic body, well nearly all of them did. Bodies were designed to work with the classic head-neck because so many of us started with mesh hands and feet then got a mesh body but, stayed with the classic head for some time.

Same is true for hand and feet, most brands were designed to fit slink hand and feet, the slink wrist fit kinda became the generic connector for other hands as well.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.