Block/Ignore feature?

So Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there, I love prowling the forums a few times a month, though have done so a lot more lately, who knows, maybe I'll return to actually posting regularly.

Anyways, I've become rather annoyed with a frequent forum poster, is there any way I can ignore/block this user so none of their posts or threads show up? I've never had the need for such a feature in a forum before, but honestly, it's getting ridiculous and scrolling past their many posts in a row (postcount++ ftw?) is even more annoying.

If there is no such feature (if there is, please point me to it I have yet to find it!) can this please be implemented? Would sit well as a button next to the 'Follow' button.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Hello there, I love prowling the forums a few times a month, though have done so a lot more lately, who knows, maybe I'll return to actually posting regularly.

Anyways, I've become rather annoyed with a frequent forum poster, is there any way I can ignore/block this user so none of their posts or threads show up? I've never had the need for such a feature in a forum before, but honestly, it's getting ridiculous and scrolling past their many posts in a row (postcount++ ftw?) is even more annoying.

If there is no such feature (if there is, please point me to it I have yet to find it!) can this please be implemented? Would sit well as a button next to the 'Follow' button.

hover over the name, there are ignore possibilities..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17.3.2018 at 6:47 PM, Syn Anatine said:

frequent

On 17.3.2018 at 7:11 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Is it  just me pondering who this  block worthy poster might be?

Its easy to guess.
Even though, that wouldnt be a trigger for me to block someone. And i like the pictures attached to the posts.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2018 at 6:07 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

One note - it will only not show you direct posts by the person.  If anyone quotes the person, you'll still see those posts (or at least I think I read that here someone)

You do still see the quoted writings. I have one forumite blocked, so I know these things :)

You also see when the person has posted in a thread, but it's not in your face. It's just a line or two saying something like, "You have chosen to ignore..." where the post would normally be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.