Forum party in somebody house?

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Doesn't the forum cartel place still exist? There used to be get-togethers there.

it does and there are some, plus the weekly breakfast with varying hosts... plus there´s the Forum Cartel Groupchat and the Tourist group  who both rose from this forum (or the previous versions of it ^^) - the groupchats are mainly dead though, maybe starting there would be ...yeah... a start^^ and see where it goes from there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

it does and there are some, plus the weekly breakfast with varying hosts... plus there´s the Forum Cartel Groupchat and the Tourist group  who both rose from this forum (or the previous versions of it ^^) - the groupchats are mainly dead though, maybe starting there would be ...yeah... a start^^ and see where it goes from there

Well not during european hours though. Whenever i go there its always empty :)

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Well not during european hours though. Whenever i go there its always empty :)

For the big holiday parties (halloween, new year's eve) we used to do a full 12 hours in order to cover the different timezones.  Now days, for the parties, it is just up to whomever decides to have one.  As to just general gatherings, that is real hit or miss these days, even during US prime hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Doesn't the forum cartel place still exist? There used to be get-togethers there.

Yes, but I don't think anyone involved in that place is actually a forum user anymore. Or at least, many of them are not involved here. It is kind of a creation out of the forums we had a little less than a decade ago.

I actually think the idea of a weekly social the rotates around different people's homes has some potential. Think of Hippie Bowman's "breakfast club" that was on Sundays - members volunteered to host it (the list eventually got so long you'd be signing up to host 6 or more months down the line). That party still goes on but under a different manager now.

Simply put up a thread, pick a regular time and frequency it will occur, and have people get to host on a first post first get basis.

Whoever is central to organizing it should be someone who stays on these forums regularly, without breaks (disqualifying me), and has done so for a few years or more.
- Mostly so that it doesn't suffer the Forum Cartel problem. The Forum Cartel is, I think, one of two groups composed of "former forum users" moreso than current ones...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yes, but I don't think anyone involved in that place is actually a forum user anymore. Or at least, many of them are not involved here. It is kind of a creation out of the forums we had a little less than a decade ago.

I actually think the idea of a weekly social the rotates around different people's homes has some potential. Think of Hippie Bowman's "breakfast club" that was on Sundays - members volunteered to host it (the list eventually got so long you'd be signing up to host 6 or more months down the line). That party still goes on but under a different manager now.

Simply put up a thread, pick a regular time and frequency it will occur, and have people get to host on a first post first get basis.

Whoever is central to organizing it should be someone who stays on these forums regularly, without breaks (disqualifying me), and has done so for a few years or more.
- Mostly so that it doesn't suffer the Forum Cartel problem. The Forum Cartel is, I think, one of two groups composed of "former forum users" moreso than current ones...

@Maureen Boccaccio is quite active here actually  ;) and @GoSpeed Racer is the new manager of the Breakfast Club^^

this is where the Forum Cartel ppl hang out quite frequently... or...some of them ;)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.