Bloodlines

Benjiatwork

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm so mad, i had to close my seven years avatar because a damn vampire bitten me when i was noob, and of course my soul gone at first try, and now, if i want to continue with it i should drink a 14L  apple potion, everyday,  to stay human..... Roleplay yes.... But at what cost ? if i knew it was irreversible because now that stupid vampire got a necklace that protect them from being killed, she can now enjoy my soul forever and YOU make nothing to cancel that. Got a lot of friends in the same case. and it's nothing to say, we are disgusted. i made a cross on a long time avi and many linden spent just for a damn vampire acting as jerk and says "no i will never get ur soul back, hahahahahahaha" If u aren't aware that everyone is tired of that sick mind, NOW u know. You should no let that kind of experience ruin the sim and make people gettin' angry.

Please provide a good answer to this.

Benji

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 answers to this question

OK, let's be clear about something.

There are many games in Second Life, created by residents.  Bloodlines is one of these.  Whatever happens in Bloodlines has NOTHING TO DO with either Second Life or Real Life.  If the game says your soul has been stolen...so what?  It's a damn game, and if you don't want to play, simply ignore it.  Don't spend any money on potions or anything else.  All of that only has relevance in the context of the Bloodlines game, it has nothing to do with Second Life.

I'm sorry you have spent money trying to fix this totally non-problem.  Don't spend any more.  If you want, get a FREE "Garlic Necklace" from the Marketplace.  Wear it, left click the garlic bulb and choose "Activate".  Then detach the necklace, and go about your Second Life.  You should not get any further bite requests from Bloodlines players.

Um.... your avatar is all pixels.  It doesn't have a soul.  The whole vampire thing is a game, so just ignore it.

4 minutes ago, Benjiatwork said:

YOU make nothing to cancel that.

4 minutes ago, Benjiatwork said:

You should no let that kind of experience ruin the sim and make people gettin' angry.

We're all residents like you.  WE didn't do anything, and Linden Lab isn't going to do anything about what goes on in some game as long as it doesn't violate the TOS.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Benjiatwork said:

if i want to continue with it i should drink a 14L  apple potion, everyday,  to stay human.....

not true

27 minutes ago, Benjiatwork said:

Please provide a good answer to this.

move on with your life, your avatar and all things you did before, it is just Role Play, nothing happened really to your avatar.

Avatars have no soul, have no life, have no blood, have no cider.... and don't need apples...

if you join such game, perhaps read their rules, and other things, it's all publicly avaiable.

But again... it's nothing, just a game, if you don't want to play it, simply don't and nothing will happen.

I agree with Lindal, just get a garlic necklace and ignore it. However, I do think that Linden Labs needs to shut Bloodlines down because for the most part, the victims of bites are newbs who are just a day or two old. I personally think Bloodlines, Progeny, A&D and all the other vamp RPers are nuisances that need to go bye bye.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MackConway said:

I agree with Lindal, just get a garlic necklace and ignore it. However, I do think that Linden Labs needs to shut Bloodlines down because for the most part, the victims of bites are newbs who are just a day or two old. I personally think Bloodlines, Progeny, A&D and all the other vamp RPers are nuisances that need to go bye bye.

so should they also not allow people to join the forums and start posting nonsense as first post....

• Haha 1

There are three vampire roleplay game systems I know of:  Bloodlines, The Hunger, and Progeny.

Of the three, Bloodlines is the only one that actually asks your permission to bite you.  This makes it a little more annoying, but also easier to avoid.  Simply refuse animation requests from strangers.

The Hunger and Progeny don't ask your permission.  In fact, you won't even know you've been bitten unless you sign up for the game at some point.  There's a free Progeny Vampire Detector Ring though, and it will tell you if anyone nearby is wearing Progeny attachments.  I believe that you're safe from them if you keep 2 meters or more away.  If you want a copy of this ring, come to my Avatar Safety class at Caledon Oxbridge University, Sundays, 10 am SL Time.

None of the games will do you any real harm, even if you're "bitten".  You should not let any messages from vampires alarm you, and above all, don't pay any money for "cures" or "protection".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The Hunger and Progeny don't ask your permission.  In fact, you won't even know you've been bitten unless you sign up for the game at some point. 

no Lindal - it is more ridiculous - they reset you when you change from game asset to customer - you won't even know then... pffft wannabe vampires -  back in my days vampires were the ultimate predators - you knew they meant your doom and still would fall for them - now "vampires" are some cowards who have to hide in the unknown...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

You have two, 2 fang marks on your neck.  Ah ha ha ha ha!

count.jpg.d0ad216b1da20c6dd39c7e91f5aca996.jpg

You're right, Fiona.  My favorite depiction of vampires are Barbara Hambly's "James Asher" mystery novels.  Her vampires, even the sympathetic character of Don Simon Ysidro, are predators who are so egotistical that they kill, repeatedly, over hundreds of years, to prolong their own existence.  The first of the books is "Those Who Hunt the Night" and I highly recommend it.  Hambly's vampires are much more believable than the sparkling nancy boys of "Twilight."

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 6:26 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

There are three vampire roleplay game systems I know of:  Bloodlines, The Hunger, and Progeny.

There is also A-World, that is fairly new with the same concept of you do not know you're being bitten. As far as I know, it does not harvest souls and you do not have to wear a garlic necklace to be left alone. I guess A-World is a branch off of Progeny somehow?

On 5/29/2018 at 6:26 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

You should not let any messages from vampires alarm you, and above all, don't pay any money for "cures" or "protection".

The same goes for "being pregnant" by a prim-dick. I recall reading about someone "being raped" and to get rid of the baby they had to "pay 200L" to have it aborted at some clinic.

O.o

5 minutes ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

The same goes for "being pregnant" by a prim-dick. I recall reading about someone "being raped" and to get rid of the baby they had to "pay 200L" to have it aborted at some clinic.

O.o

that is just sick ... but yeah from what I see in SL (And read in an infamous afk brothel thread) gettig avatars virtually pregnant is a major kink in SL...

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

that is just sick ... but yeah from what I see in SL (And read in an infamous afk brothel thread) gettig avatars virtually pregnant is a major kink in SL...

Sick is a nice way to say it, at least in a public forum it is! ;)

I only know of this is when I was at Lar's Bar a few years ago, a GM called out in local that someone who came in was wearing that very prim-dick that would get a random woman pregnant via virtual rape... Scan the area and pick your victim. At the said brothel, it would be appropriate, but outside those areas -- it's just a sick (again, polite term) way to grief people.

/me shudders...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.