Avi not loading completely

HylianWarrior91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there, so I just logged in to firestorm like I normally do but my avi would be missing a lot of parts... I tried relogging and tp back and forth to see if that would make it load all the way but it doesn't seem to fix it, what's weird is that when the few parts that do become visible show up... there are this tiny pyramid htingies popping up around my avi but they disappear after a while... but my avi is still very incomplete and if I check what I'm wearing what I originally had shows up as "having it on" but it just won't be visible... anyone know what it is? :v

What has worked for me for a long time is keeping a folder with the four basic items in it.  Pick ones that you do not use any place else, shape – skin – eyes – hair base.  When I log on and I am a cloud, and that is  most of the time, I select that folder and select replace outfit.  I have yet for it to not work.  After you are standing there naked then select a folder of one of your normal outfits and get dressed.  Like I said, it always works for me.

• Like 1

I am facing the same problem. In my case it is the Maitreya body. Sometimes a part of lower leg keeps floating along with some part from the mesh hair. I have tried all tricks like clearing the inventory cache and rebaking etc. Earlier it was happening only on Firestorm but now the same problem started on SL viewer. 

The usual advice for this is to remove everything, and put on one of the base avatars from Library.  Now relog.  If everything seems OK, try adding the parts of your normal avatar one by one.  If everything works you are fixed, but you may find one thing that is causing the trouble - then you have something to go on.

Hi, without defending LL or whoever.

IMHO, only non-active (empty) sims are parked in the cloud and the asset-servers stay the same as always.

This can make things slower when entering an parked sim but for the rest it´s just the usual lag thingie.

Best is what anna2358 said because some things are harder to load -> extensive use of huuuge textures and stuff.

And of course, do not use SL via Wireless it´s not designed that way.

Monti

18 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Since moving to 'the cloud' SL is becoming grindingly, painfully slow. 

It would be interesting to find out why some people see a slow down and some don't.  Because I don't see a slow down, SL is about the same for me as it has been for some time, speed wise that is.

7 hours ago, lavalois said:

I agree. Especially texture loading has become excruciatingly slow over the last month or so?

Same here. And often some things just don't render at all no matter how long I wait; the only solution seems to be to TP out and back in. I was wondering was it my fault, some change I made in my graphics settings, but everything there seems normal.

Edited by angeoco

3 minutes ago, angeoco said:

the only solution seems to be to TP out and back in. 

Oddly, I find that this quite often resolves the issue for me too.  Interestingly enough, this not only applies to textures that seem to want to stay grey, but sometimes parts of buildings and other objects that don't rez.  I TP out & back and suddenly everything is there and crystal clear within 1-2 seconds of re-arrival.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, rasterscan said:

Since moving to 'the cloud' SL is becoming grindingly, painfully slow. 

The SL system ha not moved to the cloud. That is in the plans and some of backend services have moved and others were there long ago. But, AFAIK most of the system is still running on Linden Severs.

When logging in there is a lot happening. The servers and viewer have a lot to discuss. If you have a network problem or have you viewer's Max Bandwidth set above 1500 or more than 80% of your Internet speed, the UDP traffic can lose information and you have these problems.

You can use Viewer Stats (Ctrl-Shift-1) to check packet loss. Open the panel before logging off. Then you'll be able to see it as soon as things start to rez. If you are losing packets check your Internet connection. A good general Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. See http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

A large flat inventory can cause similar problems. Flat being a huge number of items in a single folder... Consider a 1,000 items per folder a soft limit. Around 5,000 problems can get serious, like not being able to get logged in.

Logging into a busy region can cause similar problems. Or a region that is having problems connecting to the backend of the SL system. Travel to another region, preferably a deserted empty region, Furball, Pooley, ... log off and log in.

All of these are related to how well the server and viewer are communicating. If it gets out of sync on something and times out, you can be screwed for the whole session. Relogging into a different region is the common solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.