Question Regarding Child Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

If I get on that bed and the menu that I get has options like 'cowgirl' and 'rough doggy'... this is probably NOT in relation to female ranchers or sled dogs...

It is SL... so it could be... but I'm guessing the animation I will get will be something else...

So the real question comes to this:

Suppose the bed is in privately-owned (not some SL freebie sex-park), inside a private "residence" or whatever. The animation you've chosen has you sitting and reading a book. However, because you see "Cowgirl" and "Doggy" on the menu: Are you breaking CS or TOS if you continue to sit there? Or does CS and TOS *require* you to stand up and move to another space immediately on pain of being abuse-reported and banned? (Rhetorical question) - I believe it is the former, not the latter.

Almost everything said in this thread are great comments. However, I genuinely believe it really boils down to *CONTEXT*.

I believe: the "proximity" portions of this subject refer to publicly-available objects, etc., like one of the utterly countless sex-parks, and so on. Is it abuse-reportable if a child avie goes into an and adult-rated sim, that happens to house a mega-store full of "adulty" furniture just because they want to go shopping? (Again: rhetorical).

I believe most playing child avies who end up in places they shouldn't be in do so by accident or otherwise by consequence (such as the example of being dropped at the Zindra Info HUB on login, etc.). And once they realize it will leave immediately, save for the time it takes to rez things out in order to realize it.

It's about context.

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Alyona Su I suggest that you go back to page one, scroll down to the 6th post (mine) and see who 'liked' it. It tends to confirm what you wrote.

Yes, ditto.

I know a lot of "SL Kids" and they invest into their avies, many are premium accounts. They aren't stupid enough to risk that. Though to be truthful, there also are a lot of ... twisted-minded types out there, too. I think (hope?) they are in the minority. As for furniture - and as you described in your post with the furniture store - if it's marked clearly as an adult-rated or "sex" bed, sofa, whatever - they will often steer clear, Otherwise, a lot of furniture cannot be determined by the design alone. So if they jump on one the first thing most will do is look at the menu. If those "adulty" options appear, they usually jump right off and move on.

I've been following this thread since the beginning, but late to contribute, and chose to for just a couple days ago an SL Kid friend of mine went shopping for a "family-friendly" bedroom. There are the regulars, such as *AR* design - and they're great. But wanted to look around. SO in SL search we find an advert for a furniture store who sells "all types" including "family-friendly" versions - it said so right there in the advert. All we found were the Dutchie Specials (though not actually Dutchie LOL)

We roamed the entire store, ALL of it. Not a single piece of furniture without the naughty in it. We were hopping on and off beds and sofas and anything just to see if we could find any, ANY. Nada, zip, zilch. And none were marked as "adult" furniture, but all of it was. So, this is a real-world example where context means everything.

As for the thread in general: LL is not stupid. If they get an AR about the subject I have no doubt they will look into it thoroughly. At the same time, I'm also sure they will take many factors into account: Is it a "throw-away alt on freebie account" with zero investment into the avatar at all? How old is their account and how often is it used? Are they on Premium? Where do they spend most of their time (which sims, etc) - because let's face it, there are a few that can be considered questionable.

I may be biased because I know a lot of people who play SL kids (and most have their "Bigs" when they intend to go "adulting",) but in general, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt if I see one because the context is everything to me. In general, if you play an SL Kid, you don't have to look over your shoulder all time and you don't have to worry about the occasional "Whoops, I shouldn't be HERE" scenario if you make a good-faith effort to know your role and play by the rules. LL is on the look-out for the sickos who actively seek that which the TOS is intended to put the kerplunk on because we all know they're out there.

I supposed the short statement would be: "Any reasonable person witnessing would come the conclusion that..."

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

IMO if a child avatar is on adult land, any situation violating the TOS should be fully that child avatar accounts responsibility. Even if they go there to pick flowers and pet unicorns, if something happens there it should be on them. They are adult people and know what SL is about, and what adult sims can contain. If they choose to visit adult sims, the responsibility and with that the risks, should be on them alone.

So I'm shopping somewhere as a child avatar and avoiding any adult content (because there are a lot of normal stores and places on adult rated land), and someone walks up to me and tries to lure me into their sex dungeon. How exactly is that my fault? That's not how the law works, and that's not how the ToS works. The person who breaks the rules is the one who should be punished, not the victim.

Just because a parcel is on adult rated land does not mean that there is adult rated content there. This conversation will never go anywhere until people realize that. Child avatar players do need to be careful, but they shouldn't be banned or witch hunted because someone else decided to be inappropriate towards them.

12 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Child avatar players do need to be careful, but they shouldn't be banned or witch hunted because someone else decided to be inappropriate towards them.

I completely agree about witch-hunts, but...

Understand, Zeta was set up and actually perma-banned by the Lab for age-play last week. Although that ban was quite unusually lifted, her comment can be coloured in that light.

18 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I completely agree about witch-hunts, but...

Understand, Zeta was set up and actually perma-banned by the Lab for age-play last week. Although that ban was quite unusually lifted, her comment can be coloured in that light.

Twitchy trigger-finger Lindens notwithstanding and full scenario of what Zeta's situation being unknown, if she was unbanned then I feel even more confident that LL is not stupid: they will investigate to find the truth - they have access to logs, IMs, chat histories and all the rest. Stuff we can't even imagine. My general point simply being: It's okay if you want to do the SL Kid thing, but also be alert as this is an example of what can happen: you have ner-do-wells on both sides of you: those that really are sickos (and you should AR them if it's beyond any reasonable doubt) and those who will try to sabotage you (always be alert and don't fall into any traps) just because they think you're creepy or something ... um, childish. (Pun intended) :)

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Twitchy trigger-finger Lindens notwithstanding and full scenario of what Zeta's situation being unknown, if she was unbanned then I feel even more confident that LL is not stupid: they will investigate to find the truth - they have access to logs, IMs, chat histories and all the rest. Stuff we can't even imagine.

Without the forum posting here being seen by a Linden, who then likely contacted governance. I doubt the ban would have been lifted, because this sort of ban is never lifted.

As we now we know - if you are AFK then you are responsible for all TOS violations that occur with your uninhabited avatar.

• Like 3

There is a difference too, between shopping at a general store that happens to be on an adult sim - for example, a house creator had one of his house demo sims as adult (didn't see anything visible as to why it would need to be, especially in the demo area) - and a sim that is not only adult, but has indications that it is an afk sex sim and that child avatars are not allowed.  A child avatar that lands on a sim like that - and stays - you have to wonder about, and if something wrong happens you have to wonder about the child avi being completely innocent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

As we now we know - if you are AFK then you are responsible for all TOS violations that occur with your uninhabited avatar.

Precisely!

11 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

A child avatar that lands on a sim like that - and stays - you have to wonder about, and if something wrong happens you have to wonder about the child avi being completely innocent.

Ditto. And where I reiterate that context is everything. :)

21 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

... someone walks up to me and tries to lure me into their sex dungeon. How exactly is that my fault?...

I think your example is cutting too short... the "something" in the "Even if they go there to pick flowers and pet unicorns, if something happens there it should be on them" remark probably comes up after the petting the unicorn part. More like a "riding without requiring a saddle" part to which the rider has happily agreed...

Where to you see the issue in an attempt to lure a child avatar into a sex themed area? Most of all, the avatar in question hasn't actually been to that place at this stage and even if they'd end up there for whatever reason, chances are high that they'd TP out before any offending acts could even occur. 

A proper child avatar hopefully has no weird force-TP or force-animation gear open to any random stranger, which could "accidentally" tie them to a bed all nude. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2018 at 5:33 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

A proper child avatar hopefully has no weird force-TP or force-animation gear open to any random stranger, which could "accidentally" tie them to a bed all nude. 

Actually, a huge majority of kids do, especially the toddler and baby crowd. Many kids run around with RLV on so they can be held, picked up, or parented. While there are things in place to usually prevent strangers from doing wrong, the only difference between a kid being timed out or changed and an adult being dominated is the intent; it is mechanically identical.

On 27/02/2018 at 11:25 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

IMO if a child avatar is on adult land, any situation violating the TOS should be fully that child avatar accounts responsibility. Even if they go there to pick flowers and pet unicorns, if something happens there it should be on them. They are adult people and know what SL is about, and what adult sims can contain. If they choose to visit adult sims, the responsibility and with that the risks, should be on them alone.

I completely disagree with that. In fact, you are wrong. If someone tries to get the child av into adult situations, then the fault and responsibility is wholly with the 'someone', and not the child av. If a child av goes along with the adult activity, or tries to initiate it, then the responsibility lies with both parties.

As you said, child avs are adults and know what SL is about. All other avs are aslo adults and know what SL is about. In all cases, SL is not about a.g.e.p.l.a.y, and anyone taking part in it, or trying to get a child av into it, is guilty. Anyone rejecting it, whether a child or adult av, is faultless concerning it. In case anyone does not know what SL is about, one part of what it's about is that, unless a sim's owner prohibits child avs in the sim, Adult sims are about ALL avatars, and not just those that are not child avs.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Indeed, I did think of such parenting uses relying on RLV. 

Parent Helper devices do use RLV, but are 100% "owner list", they don't respond to strangers. They also have a lot more safeguards - like no relay, no random teleporting, no leash (but there is a hand hold), no stripping and so on.  They really are a very G-rated use of the tech.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

Of course I know not all adult rated sims are actually sex sims, a lot of them are stores or generally innocent areas. But how likely is it that something can happen on those innocent sims that would cause an age TOS? When you just go shopping on an adult rated sim you will not breach the TOS. @ge play only happens when the child avie is actively involved in sexual activities, and they just cant be involved without their consent. They have to agree on animating their avatar trough a HUD or sex furniture.

20 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

unless a sim's owner prohibits child avs in the sim, Adult sims are about ALL avatars, and not just those that are not child avs.

Here you strike a very valid point. But apparently even on a 100% sex sim with "no child avatars" in the description, in the rules, in the landing point warning, in signs all over the sim, a child avie can still visit that sim and get someone's accounts terminated.

• Like 2

Only if it gets involved in @geplay. If it doesn't get involved, by standing and watching sex happening, for instance, the particpoants can get up and go somewhere else. An uninvited child av in a place where there's sex can be darned annoying, but, on its own, it can't get someone banned from SL.

You'll remember the recent case of the AFK sex sim. Leaving an avatar on a sex animation and going AFK is asking for trouble, and, if trouble comes, the AFK owner can't claim innocence, because leaving an AV in that situatoin, where anyone can arrive and hop on, is inviting all-comers to have sex.

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Leaving an avatar on a sex animation and going AFK is asking for trouble, and, if trouble comes, the AFK owner can't claim innocence, because leaving an AV in that situatoin, where anyone can arrive and hop on, is inviting all-comers to have sex.

Of course is it an invite, that's why we sit them AFK. To invite people have sex with them and leave a tip. But its on a designated sex sim. Like I mentioned earlier, a sim where everyone goes to to have sex, that has sex in every part of its description and look, where the only furniture is sex furniture and by the hundreds of them. That has signs saying Child avies are not allowed, warnings when you land saying it, its in the description, its in the rules. Its in everyone's common sense that a child avie should not be on that sim. Someone should be safe to leave his or her avatar AFK on a sim like that. An aduld playing a child visiting and participating on a sim like that should be the only one who gets terminated.

And yes, I remember that AFK sim very well because it was my sim and all my accounts were terminated ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.