J4NE Zane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, J4NE Zane said:

Can somebody tell me if there is a minimum Second Life age to visit Adult sims, I keep getting 4 day old newbies visiting my Adult sim.

Obviously some of them are alts, but i'm sure I read somewhere that you had to be a few weeks old at least, thanks

Jane

There are no LL imposed age limits for any sim.  Many adult sims have their own limit set on the age of the account and most of them deny access to child avatars.

1 minute ago, J4NE Zane said:

Thank you for all your replies, I'll sit on the roof with a shot gun. lol

Make sure you enable life first.

I wanted a friend of mine to set up his property for the gold hunt quest, then we could at snipe anyone that showed up, but he was afraid there would be something ARable about that. 

:)

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

We have visited this topic before.

No one has to justify banning any individual, or class of individual from their property

...and just like that, I'm free to ask for a "why" and from an opinion about the reason presented. People are free to be assholes, but everyone else is free to see them as such.

6 minutes ago, J4NE Zane said:

No no I just like to uphold the rules of SL

But...thats not a "rule of SL". If it was, if new accounts weren't allowed by the ToS to visit any sim rated A (or even M, which by the way is both only for adults), SL would have died long ago.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

...and just like that, I'm free to ask for a "why" and from an opinion about the reason presented. People are free to be assholes, but everyone else is free to see them as such.

But...thats not a "rule of SL". If it was, if new accounts weren't allowed by the ToS to visit any sim rated A (or even M, which by the way is both only for adults), SL would have died long ago.

The reason is I don't like kids, they are creepy and  I don't want them on my land. They have every right to be in SL, just not on my property.

I don't appreciate being called an a s s h o l e just for setting my own rules about who can be on my land.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line, spaced a word to avoid the censor

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The reason is I don't like kids, they are creepy and  I don't want them on my land. They have every right to be in SL, just not on my property.

I don't appreciate being called an ***** just for setting my own rules about who can be on my land.

I think we misunderstand each other. My reply to the first quote that sparked this debatte was not the part about child avatars, but the last part, about account age which was the original topic of the OP, before child avatars got mentioned later in the comments.

• Like 2

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

I think we misunderstand each other. My reply to the first quote that sparked this debatte was not the part about child avatars, but the last part, about account age which was the original topic of the OP, before child avatars got mentioned later in the comments.

Oh okey, my bad

:)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, J4NE Zane said:

Thank you for all your replies, I'll sit on the roof with a shot gun. lol

There are age detectors available at MP that would disallow any age access to your sim. You set the age limit (30, 60, 365 days...) and the detector will block those under the chosen age, access for you. They are relatively inexpensive, but quite effective.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Have those new accounts done anything bad to you...or do you just feel they aren't worthy to visit your place?

Syo, when i first started in SL i used to hate the "no avatars under 30 days " rule so many sims had.  i can't imagine doing that to others either. i know an annoying person could use it to mess around but honestly keeping 500 people out to deal with 1 bad person is what really made me mad back then.   i still don't like when people discriminate against new people rather than helping them.  i always try to help new people as SL has a huge learning curve and i want people to stay...not leave due to things that make their new SL harder.

but, i guess everyone is welcome to make whatever rules they want in their sims.  they pay the bills so they can decide who comes onto their land.

3 hours ago, lostsoul2017 said:

i know an annoying person could use it to mess around but honestly keeping 500 people out to deal with 1 bad person is what really made me mad back then.   i still don't like when people discriminate against new people rather than helping them.  i always try to help new people as SL has a huge learning curve and i want people to stay...not leave due to things that make their new SL harder.

It's not about not helping new members, but there are special regions for that. Problem is more that new members run to adult sims even before they know how to put shoes on... they don't want help, they want sex... and so soon as possible.

And.. keep 500 out .. it's perhaps a bit harsh,  but ever had a flock of griefers entering your sim?.... you really don't miss that 500 if you'r under such attacks.

Also the word "discrimination" ... come on...

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's not about not helping new members, but there are special regions for that. Problem is more that new members run to adult sims even before they know how to put shoes on... they don't want help, they want sex... and so soon as possible.

And.. keep 500 out .. it's perhaps a bit harsh,  but ever had a flock of griefers entering your sim?.... you really don't miss that 500 if you'r under such attacks.

I vote we put all new AFK sex places RIGHT by the exit of the newbi rez zones.  that way they can have their Slex and don't even have to look for sims for it.  that way once they are done and all Slex'd out, they can go into SL properly.   *starts passing out a hat so they can collect lindens to purchase properties around starting areas. wonders if some of the male/female/furry/vampy avatars would mind going afk in those places....as a 'social service'*.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

honestly that is what it is ...here is the definition:

"treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: "

i did mention in my comment that sim owners pay for their sims and can discriminate based on avatar age as it's not a human rights protected area in most countries.  simply calling it what it is as per it's definition. 

this is just a general comment but i do find it interested that people that are ok with the act of discriminating against others (not saying you Alwin) usually find it hard to have it called discrimination.  i'm sure there are much other words that people use to make it sound better. 

in the end, every person in SL is allowed to run their sim as they want.  some will discriminate against furies, babies , newer avatars or many other groups.  as long as they don't discriminate based on sex, race or other protected grounds, i may not like it but it's not my sim so not my choice to make.  the people being discriminated against can always find many other sims to go to where they feel more welcomed. 

one interesting thing to note for myself, a lot of the sims that i had gone to when i first started that had these rules.  i ended up putting them on a blacklist for myself.  have actually never gone back.  as someone that gets regularly discriminated against daily in real life, i refuse to normally frequent businesses that discriminate.  i've found that mentality carries into SL for me.  it's interesting as i never realized i was doing it subconsciously until this topic here.  it's interesting what you learn about yourself when reading forum topics and thinking about your own replies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.