Is this new?

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning a friend sent a TP, I figured he wanted sex, and didn't have time or the desire for that but figured I would go there a few minutes everywhere. Once there I discovered he was there with another girl, both of them in fantasy warrior type outfits. I think ok this might be interesting. He then tells me to buy an outfit and follow him. The outfits were 888L, and I tell him I can't afford it. The girl then starts telling me the money is for a good cause. When I again said I could not afford it she just starts in with a guilt trip about poor Serbian refugees. Now do not get me wrong, I have compassion for Serbian refugees, but 1, how do I know these two are not just keeping the money? And 2, in a world full of hurting people what gives them the right to tell me who to help. So anyway, I just wondered if anyone else has run info people trying to sell things claiming it's a charty

Gonna bet the outfit was being sold by that girls alt. my sister and i where hanging out in a sandbox when some guy tried to sell us a bunch of jewelry, claiming the money would go to orphaned kids. luckily she'd seen the guy before and the vendor was owned by his main account.

On 13/12/2017 at 3:51 AM, MaggiJin said:

Gonna bet the outfit was being sold by that girls alt. my sister and i where hanging out in a sandbox when some guy tried to sell us a bunch of jewelry, claiming the money would go to orphaned kids. luckily she'd seen the guy before and the vendor was owned by his main account.

Did he open his coat to reveal jewlery stuck to the inside? That's all that came to my head when I started reading that.

Edited by Hintswen Guardian

I'm curious. Were there any signs saying that sales went to a charity? It wouldn't make any difference but I'm curious as to whether or not you were expected to just take their word for it.

I would never donate to such a thing. I contribute to several charities on a monthly basis, but I'm very fussy about which ones. I wouldn't trust most of them. Even some very big ones have the reputation that only a small percentage of the donated money actually gets through in the form aid to those who need it, most of it being spent on the organisation itself. There is no way I would donate to anonymous people online. There are too many thieves/scammers in the world for me to trust anything like that.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.