What's your favorite food?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I gave it a long thought.  There are so many foods I love and a few I call my binge foods it was hard to narrow it down to one.

My husband just now gave me the right answer.  He told me if I go missing he is going to put my photo on coffee bags instead of milk cartons.

My favorite food is coffee.
If coffee doesn't qualify as food, then I will change my answer to "coffee NOW!"

Let's call it a coffee soup, guess that it qualifies as a food.

for me it's coffee and various types of sweet buns, so called fika bröd. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 2:19 AM, ChinRey said:

This time of year?

Strawberries. But they have to be ripe (and not overripe) and eaten no more than half an hour after they were picked.

We recently discovered that we have wild strawberries growing underneath our mulberry trees, like, a crap ton of strawberries. They were well hidden in a lot of overgrowth I couldn't get to while our weed whacker was out of commission. I say trees because, well, about 9 years ago, someone had the bright idea to try and cut down the mulberry tree in our backyard, someone thought it was a nuisance. That someone failed to actually REMOVE said mulberry tree.  We now have 4 separate mulberry trees growing up from the old one's trunk....and it's awesome, 4 times the berries!! The wildlife, and my children, love the mulberries. The local wildlife also love the strawberries, apparently, or at least the bunnies, deer and raccoons living in the backyard do.

4 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

We recently discovered that we have wild strawberries growing underneath our mulberry trees, like, a crap ton of strawberries. They were well hidden in a lot of overgrowth I couldn't get to while our weed whacker was out of commission.

We bought our house about 17 yrs ago.  Seven years ago we discovered one of the trees in our back yard was a bing cherry tree.  Apparently they require cross pollination with another cherry tree and someone must have planted one nearby.  A truly wonderful discovery.

16 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I'm one of, probably very few, people in the world that cannot stand coffee. I do like the smell of coffee, but the taste...blech.  I like tea though :D 

As much as I love my morning coffee, I must have it hot.  Not only can I not stand it cold, I cannot stand anything coffee flavored.

19 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I'm one of, probably very few, people in the world that cannot stand coffee. I do like the smell of coffee, but the taste...blech.  I like tea though :D 

Same here, I tried it once years ago, and I so love the smell. But it tasted disgusting. Then few months ago on a birthday, they let me try again, needed more milk they said... Now i am sure I never ever drink it again. But why does it smell so good??? :D

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As much as I love my morning coffee, I must have it hot.  Not only can I not stand it cold, I cannot stand anything coffee flavored.

That must be a conundrum 

I do use coffee as an emergency ,knock the twitchy nerves down a notch so actual medication will work..and I can manage taking it, treatment for migraines when they get to that excruciating "just cut my head off" stage. That's a product of benign tumors that randomly grow on, and in, my head though. They cause debilitating migraines due to pressure, but can only be removed when they get large enough-at least the size of a grape tomato, to not pose as much of a threat during surgery.  The lil guys are far too intertwined in important gobbledy*****(yes that's the technical term :P ) to be safely removed, so I get to grow them, like I'm some kind of tumor farmer.  Actually just had a couple removed earlier this year. 

Haha, I didn't think it would bleep that word...but I see why it did, that's a derogatory term all by it's lonesome I suppose.  LL weird word filters strike again :D 

Edited by Tari Landar

My favorite food, maybe one of them, because I like a lot, healthy and not healthy, must be Kale ( boerenkool). 

Heard it get's more and more liked in NY. 

img_006188_445x297_JPG.jpg.1d73e9e5985238dfccd82d9580606a99.jpg

For sweets and stuff, not really into that, but I love stroopwafels. If you never had those, try them. 

stroopwafel-voor-boven-pagina.jpg.87d7f0a38aa0b68968a45354afb7d4db.jpg

And to really hit the gym after the weekend, frikandellen and kroketten

frikandel-kroket-bella-napoli.jpg.bf155eec985e4544138412982c0727e4.jpg

But to be honest I like much more

Edited by AnnistynSL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnnistynSL said:

For sweets and stuff, not really into that, but I love stroopwafels. If you never had those, try them. 

stroopwafel-voor-boven-pagina.jpg.87d7f0a38aa0b68968a45354afb7d4db.jpg

OMG - I had forgotten about these.  I absolutely love them, but do not get them often because it is hard to make myself not eat them all at once.  I have a neighbor that works for Frontier and so he has access to lots of them, and will sometimes bring us some for free.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - I had forgotten about these.  I absolutely love them, but do not get them often because it is hard to make myself not eat them all at once.  I have a neighbor that works for Frontier and so he has access to lots of them, and will sometimes bring us some for free.

Some people don't like coffee, or something else, never ever met someone who don't like stroopwafels. And the eating all at once, I understand ;)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AnnistynSL said:

Some people don't like coffee, or something else, never ever met someone who don't like stroopwafels. And the eating all at once, I understand ;)

Once I ate them covered with chocolate. Foodgasm! 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.