Ban for no good reson

Tosha772

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi i just got my sister's computer payed her $800.00 US. Doller's, 

Then around a few week's back i made a Second life Avatar Added over all most $1,000 US. Doller's ,

Now today i seen that i lost my Account !;

There was no reson for this i never broke the rule's thay will not tell me why?

Only thing i can think of is that  this was my sisters computer we live in the same house and yes she was Ban from SL before for haveing her friend on her Account from a nother computer .

Why is this comeing back on me the IP. Address? we donot have the same name this is so f-up- please can someone write me and help ,  the e-mail i use is <Removed> ty

Edited by Kristin Linden
Removed Email for Security

11 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hi Tosha772!

I have edited your post to remove your Email Address for your security. 

As stated previously by LittleMe Jewell & Innula Zenovka, if you have any questions or concerns about your account please contact us by submitting a Support Case. If you have already contacted us, we ask that you do not submit multiple cases.

• Like 6

See the Wiki article Why is my account on hold for what to do -- basically, as LittleMe says, open a support case using Second Life Login Issues as the issue type.

LL don't just ban by IP address.   They ban machines, too, so they're used to people sometimes having problems when they buy second-hand computers.

Edited by Innula Zenovka

You may be totally out of luck.  Linden Lab has no way of knowing that you are not your sister, just pretending to be a new resident.  When your sister was banned, Linden Lab blocked access to any accounts from that IP address, so that she could not simply create a new alt account.  Your new account looks like an alt for her, so it is blocked too.  You can try to explain your situation to Linden Lab by opening a support case, but I doubt that they will accept your explanation.  Your sister's past behavior has screwed things for you.

• Like 1

You put in $1,000 USD, and you've just started SL?  If true, that was most unwise.  But if you'll pardon my saying so, the situation sounds awfully fishy to me.  I'm pretty sure LL is likely to feel the same way, especially if someone in your household has done something serious enough to get an IP or a MAC address ban.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Zenlady said:

I am just curious can someone be banned from a public sim for no reason or just because they don"t like your group?

Of course. Sim owners can ban for any or no reason at all. Because it's their sim.

• Like 1

Yes.  If it's owned by a resident, not by Linden Lab, it is a "private" region.  Take a good look at the TOS that you agreed to when you joined ( TOS, sect 4.8):  "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."

Edited by Rolig Loon

1 hour ago, Zenlady said:

Let me rephrase my question? LL gives you the opportunity to have a welcome center for new people but because the owner of that land does not like them they can ban you?

Rolig already answered but to clarify a bit: being banned from a sim or parcel is no big deal, it's happened to everybody and there are still 23,686 other sims to choose from. Anybody can call their place a "welcome center" and Linden Lab has often been quite liberal about which they officially approve of and they don't really keep track of what happens on all the old ones. Best thing to do is jsut shrug and move on. Do you really want to hang around at a place you don't feel welcome?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.