Change avi name

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i wish on sl we could change our name like in other games,yes we can change it but i mean change it complitely ,so no one will be know who u was before,this way no need make alts and spend money to new inventory,and LL could make more money they will be charge for new name,tell me if u like this idea!

12 minutes ago, Heath Juran said:

i wish on sl we could change our name like in other games,yes we can change it but i mean change it complitely ,so no one will be know who u was before,this way no need make alts and spend money to new inventory,and LL could make more money they will be charge for new name,tell me if u like this idea!

useless

it didn't happen

it won't happen

discussed so many times they had to redesign the whole site for second time now

• Like 2

On the whole, I'm against the idea of being able to change names. At first I thought that maybe they could be changed in the first week or two - a time limit - in case anyone was unhappy with the name they'd chosen. But I changed my mind about even that, simply because it's easy enough to abandon the first name and create another account with a prefered name.

Probably the main reason that I'm against name changes is stalking and related activities. We probably all know people who have broken up with someone, only to find that, soon afterwards, a new aquaintance is made, who turns out to be an alt of the one who was let go. If a name change could be had, and inventory maintained, then some people would do it, just to get back at the one who had broken up with them. If they have to start an avatar from scratch to do it, it makes it less attractive.

1 hour ago, Heath Juran said:

i said something wrong??? sorry my english not perfect,i dont wana threat no one xD

No... I'm just not submitting a ticket :)

38 minutes ago, Rya Nitely said:

and what about your friends list? Although many people, like me, wouldn't be any wiser with another name they don't remember friending. 

I would suggest that the friends list stays intact. It would be up to the individual to remove anyone they no longer wanted as friends prior to changing their name.

I'm going to go and say no to this idea,  it's a bad idea. would cause to many issues and let people play games that many of us do not want and not wanting the drama that would come along with it, sorry.   but if you really want it, 3,000 usd sounds like a good price per name change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Probably the main reason that I'm against name changes is stalking and related activities. We probably all know people who have broken up with someone, only to find that, soon afterwards, a new aquaintance is made, who turns out to be an alt of the one who was let go. If a name change could be had, and inventory maintained, then some people would do it, just to get back at the one who had broken up with them. If they have to start an avatar from scratch to do it, it makes it less attractive.

The cost of doing this should be made high, perhaps in the region of L$ 20-30,000. Then it becomes an unattractive propostion and a money maker for LL.

3 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm going to go and say no to this idea,  it's a bad idea. would cause to many issues and let people play games that many of us do not want and not wanting the drama that would come along with it, sorry.   but if you really want it, 3,000 usd sounds like a good price per name change.

3,000 USD O.o

I think its safe to say that no one would take up that offer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tem Haalan said:

The cost of doing this should be made high, perhaps in the region of L$ 20-30,000. Then it becomes an unattractive propostion and a money maker for LL.

L$ 30,000 is only about $120 US - I've met many creeps here in the last decade that would easily drop that to be able to stalk an ex.  

Besides, LL is always wanting to get their numbers up.  They wouldn't do anything that might keep people from creating new alts.  It doesn't matter if many of the new accounts are alts, they just want the total number of accounts to stay high and preferably increase.

• Like 1

Stupid idea, the whole asset server system is based around your unique id, your login name. Maybe we can manage not to petition for something that's likely to break SL, since SL is what generates the income that pays for everything LL do, hmm ?

Besides which, what kind of new name would you get? Can you imagine sole olf Lastnamer paying through the nose fopr a rename and being told you can only have the 'new' Resident style names. Or worse the howls of outrage from Residents who fork out on being told that a fancy-shmancy Lastname is only available to people who already had one, Class divisions in SL between Lastnamers and Residents are bad enough as it is. Can we NOT make yet another attempt to reinstate Lastnames for some, but not ALL.

Edited by Klytyna

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, but it takes a lot more work - building up a some inventory to create the new look and such.

Ok... but you're using the example of stalking an ex. I would imagine you could create an alt and kit them out with all the latest stuff for less than L$30k if all you wanted to was stalk someone.

There's two sides to this. What about the person who wants a fresh start because they want to get away from a creepy or abusive ex?

13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

If everyone in SL watched a JIRA request for this, LL would not do it. They don't base decisions on popular opinion, and if they did, this one would not fly, esp with merchants and landlords.

Of course, this is the practicle reason why it's unlikley to happen. But as the OP rightly said, there are plenty of other online platforms where you can do a name change for a payment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Besides, LL is always wanting to get their numbers up.  They wouldn't do anything that might keep people from creating new alts.  It doesn't matter if many of the new accounts are alts, they just want the total number of accounts to stay high and preferably increase.

People make alts for lots of reasons. That will continue to happen. What the OP is suggesting is just another service.

Say someone wants a redelivery -- but the merchant or redelivery terminal has no record of purchase by that account. And really doesn't want to spend hours trying to verify that two accounts are really the same. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.