MAN TRYING TO STEAL MY WIFE

Sangton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

THERE IS A GRIEFER ON SECOND LIFE TRYING TO TAKE MY WIFE FROM ME

BUTTERING HER UP WITH CREEPY SLEAZY SMARM AN COMMENTS

WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED 2 YEARS NOW, THIS CREEP JERK HAS COME OUT OF NOWHERE TO WRECK IT ALL

HOW CAN I REPORT THIS SCUMBAG, GET HIM REMOVED FROM SECOND LIFE AND IP BANNED FOREVER

Seriously, LL will tend to view this as a resident to resident dispute. It's doubtful they will get involved.

You and the wife can block the individual and not hear anything else again, provided you or the wife not respond. This is what the romeo is betting on.

Off the record...grow a pair and stand up for your woman.

BTW, a sign up date of today goes against your statement of a wife over two years unless you're talking RL. If that's the case, more reason to block the griefer.

The short answer is you can't.

You can file an AR against him IF he violates any of the Terms of Service, but stealing your wife isn't one of them.  LL would consider this a resident to resident dispute and not get involved. 

Even if he violates one of the TOS, that doesn't mean he'll be banned for life or forever.  Only LL can decide what measure to take against him and that can be anywhere from a few hours, days, weeks, or months suspension to a lifetime ban, depending on how serious a violation THEY think it is.  Rarely do they ban people unless they commit a very serious offense or have been repeatedly disciplined for prior violations.

You wife has free will and a mind of her own.  She can make her own mind up if she wants to stay with you or not.  If you give her a hassle yourself over this guy it may just push her away from you further.  Calmly talk to her about it instead and find out what she likes about him and what she thinks is missing from your relationship that this other guy is providing.  Then try to provide with what's missing and then some.

BTW when you deal with the guy don't lose your head a retaliate by committing a TOS violation yourself.  It may be what this guy is itching for and he'll report YOU.

Sangton wrote:

THERE IS A GRIEFER ON SECOND LIFE TRYING TO TAKE MY WIFE FROM ME

BUTTERING HER UP WITH CREEPY SLEAZY SMARM AN COMMENTS

WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED 2 YEARS NOW, THIS CREEP JERK HAS COME OUT OF NOWHERE TO WRECK IT ALL

HOW CAN I REPORT THIS SCUMBAG, GET HIM REMOVED FROM SECOND LIFE AND IP BANNED FOREVER

If your "wife" is even partially normal and does not care for displays of wealth or attention, you will be fine. Otherwise you probably should kick it to the curb before he/she trades up.

the decision of who she wants to be with is up to her, if you are happily married, you can trust that he is not going to get her no matter what, you don't have to worry about anyone stealing your wife because she is happy with you.

now, having someone else flirting with your SO can be bothering, I understand that, ask your wife to block him if she is feeling bothered by the flirting, and block him too. and continue be happily married.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.