Omega applier for TMP?

VanityLace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Fusion actually does work with Omega. I helped the Omega scripter with the 2 bodies I have on an alt from them to be sure that they worked. I'm using Omega appliers without any problems.

Right now, of the major bodies and mesh in SL, the only ones that don't support Omega are TMP and Slink. Both have closed systems. The TMP is the more "dangerous" of the two since it uses the Style Hud. Designers upload the UUID's into the TMP server and when you use an installer, you install the links to those textures. So, since they are not stored within the SL system, when the TMP servers are down, the Style Hud doesn't work. This also means that if The Shops decides to close and turn off their servers, the TMP owners are stuck. At least with Slink, the info is within the SL servers and designers can continue to make clothing and skins for it. Same way they are for Wowmeh and Phat Azz that are no longer sold and the makers have left SL. They are still usable. TMP won't be.

Also, the Omega appliers don't work on the Belleza hands and feet since the maker decided to use their own texture maps rather than the SL ones. Omega appliers depend on the target parts using the SL texture map.

TMP and Slink, might, in the future, support Omega, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they did, it would probably be a bridge like Maitreya uses.

Only the very old Slink that still have notecards. The newer ones don't have the notecards and as such can't be converted. So basically, anything in the last 18 months or so, meaning the mesh feet/hands/physique appliers CAN"T BE CONVERTED. Please quit putting that false info out there. ONLY the older Slink that have notecards.

my little contribution about TMP , that little the joke to tell people you got 36 color skin yeah amazing but lol , has you purchase 2 color skin for exemple , i tell to the assistant in shop that mean i need to purchase the 34 other skin for the face for match with all color of the body furnished or i wear a black skin with white face :matte-motes-big-grin: 

for slink and Tmp impossible to wear your SLINK hand with the TMP  body mesh you got an separation between the hand and the body ..

now what i search is something where i can apply everyskin i own from  belleza aeros tellaq , la vie , redgrave  etc on this TMP DELUXE ... that maybe mission impossible 

You can probably forget about Belleza. They already said they are not going to do skin appliers for their skins for other bodies, which I suspect they may change their minds on and at least do Omega, in favor of working on their own skins. WIth the success of their female body, I can only hope they'll be doing a male body along the same lines...that would be awesome.

the problem with the TMP  face ... that you can wear a demo skin from their shop or from and applier skin i just test on market place  you see no difference :matte-motes-frown: ..... must detach the face and test on an normal shape face , and you can see the result on face mesh after purchase :) gag 

i visit some shop for applier skin but for the moment deetalez and deluxe body factory propose some interisting  applier but for girl :) 

from belleza i have 4 skin that appear they not sell now 3 of them 

Besides Wowmeh (which is no longer available) no fitted mesh body is moddable. For this reason Maitreya body is the best:

- Works with Omega

- Comes with free fitted mesh lingerie set

- Way cheaper than TMP and looks way better too

- The most alpha regions of any mesh body

- Comes with hands and feet (though feet kinda useless as it's not compatible with any mesh footwear)

It's more expensive than Slink though, but consider its advantages I think it's worth it.

Actually, in the long run, when you add in what comes with them, the Belleza and Maitreya are actually less expensive if you use Glam or Belleza skins. Belleza comes with 14 hand positions you can change with a click. You have to buy those separately from Slink. I did the math and, discounting the appliers, Slink is about 5500 for the body, all the hands and the 3 feet heights. Belleza has the 3 heights as well. Maitreya comes out about the same since you have to buy the Slink hands and feet unless you use Glam Skin. Then it is much cheaper.

I have them all on various models and actually prefer the Maitreaya. Seems to have the best alphas. My only quibble with their alphas is that when you click, it does the front and back rather than those separately so if you have boots that have a tie up the back, you've got a problem. That's my only quibble with it though.

Maitreya and Slink both come with an alpha mask to help with those layers that have alphas in the clothing template so they don't disapper on you.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Besides Wowmeh (which is no longer available) no fitted mesh body is moddable. For this reason Maitreya body is the best:

That's just not true. I know for a fact that the Lena Lush and Lena Perky bodies are mod. I believe Belleza is, too, isn't it? The CMFF "MBody" definitely is. 

Belleza is no mod.

Belleza and Maitreya both work with Omega so a huge array of older content opens up for them - as more and more sellers get on board with Omega.

The big difference between Belleza and Maitreya is the nipple layer - which can be a critical difference if you have a skin that doesn't line up 100% with the SL UV map.

Maitreya has no nipple layer.

A very common issue as skin makers seem to have often strayed too wide, too narrow, or even off center for whatever reasons. With a nipple layer, you can apply something there to cover the mis-alignment.

If your skin is not 100% perfect in the bosom area, it will look soectacularly horrible on Maitreya... but might look perfect ok on Belleza if the mis-alignment is not too severe...

The Marketplace start to fill up with shoes for Maitreya too. Like these, they look really good. 16 textures, and under 200L. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hh-BELLEZA-SLINK-MAITREYA-Zarah-Heels-HUD-Driven/6845438 Other nice designs for Maitreya mesh feet by the seller too.

Even if the reviews looks real and solid, better take the time to pick up a demo first. (Not made by new residents - less risk they are left by the designers alts)

• 5 months later...

TMP put designers before customers who funded their business, as the owner already stated on facebook.

Maitreya is a far better shaped body by default and you can use omega appliers with it and even better it cost less than the **bleep** they call tmp, men don't have other options yet sadly.

• 5 months later...

I might be unpopular, but I honestly support the decision of not offering the mod body. Customers often do not realize that SL designers are generally hobbyist, single developers and only in very few cases small, semi-professional organized teams, who do not meet in an office with other companies' representatives to decide about future standards to be adopted, and to discuss about compatibility among their different and unique production lines. In short, something universally compatible can't exist, because you will always end up getting an unoptimized product. Contrarly the closed system of choice, known its limitations, and known its points of strenght, forces the developer's energies to be focused on the developement and improvement exclusively for that certain system.

• 4 months later...

I tell you the difference between Omega/WhateverOmniCompatibleSystemThereWillBe, and TMP.

Let's suppose you run a store in world. To keep things simple, or for whatever other personal preference, let's suppose you do not use a networked redelivery or update system. 
You made a product and you have set it for sale.
You have sold 1 thousand of them (hopefully).
Then you have realized there's a texture problem somewhere, and it's necessary to replace one of its texture UUIDs.

Now, in case of OMEGA appliers, what you need to do is:

Open up the applier. Fix it. Recompile the script. Repackage it.
Hope your customers got your group notice or hope they will read your update on socials -IF- they subscribed, because of course contacting all them, manually picking their names from the transaction history, and offering an update one by one is out of discussion.
Or simply wait they get angry and they come to complain for the bugged product and accept that a good slice of brand loyalty has gone for good.

In case of TMP appliers, what you need to do is:
Go on the TMP web portal. Login. Edit the wrong UUID. Save. All the customers got the updated version into their StyleMode HUD.

And, if the external servers that TMP uses goes down, the Style Mode ceases to work. If TMP decides to roll up the sidewalks and leave SL, they'll turn off the servers and you're stuck with whatever you have on and have something that is useless. 

With the Omega, everything is inworld. Even the older Wowmeh, Ghetto Booty, Banned/Isteni still work even though they are no longer available and/or the original creator has left because everything for them is in world and they use the Omega system. 

Don't know about you, but if I pay 5K Linden I don't want to be dependent on an outside server to be able to get the stuff I paid for to work on my mesh body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.